Bluetooth car kit

I have the nokia CK7 kit - Didn't fit myself - No cradle as I think they look crap the quality is excellent - Paid £150 fitted -

[ QUOTE ]
smudge973 said:
I have the nokia CK7 kit - Didn't fit myself - No cradle as I think they look crap the quality is excellent - Paid £150 fitted -

[/ QUOTE ]

This one? http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=CK-7W

Can fit myself easily enough, where did you locate the button? Agreed about the cradle, no need for it in my case either.

Cheers,
Adam

I have the Parrot CK3100 fitted to my S4, fitted myself easy job, although most units will not interface with the BOSE so sound does not come through speakers, so had to fit concealed seperate unit, mutes ok though.

As for interface with DIS, most do, although they only say "Telephone" or more accuratly TELEFON, as this is part of the mute function, when in operation, or a call comes through.

Really pleased with the Parrot, no cradles phone stays out of sight, although functionality like all things bluetooth depends on the exact phone, good thing about the Parrot is that you can upgrade the operating software via Bluetooth enabled laptop to keep it current with your phone.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I also been thinking about getting the Parrot CK3100 as it was a cheaper alternative to the new Nokia 610 car kit.

view_advanced_6.jpg
Parrot CK3100

fitted the Nokia CK-7W ... £85 from Blueunplugged.com, you need an interface cable if u have got std HU and if so make sure ur order a BOSE specific (or not one) ..cost about £30.
will take some pics if u wanna see it ...
easy to install, takes a while if u want to do it well.

Marcus

[ QUOTE ]
GezzerS4 said:
I have the Parrot CK3100 fitted to my S4, fitted myself easy job, although most units will not interface with the BOSE so sound does not come through speakers, so had to fit concealed seperate unit, mutes ok though.

As for interface with DIS, most do, although they only say "Telephone" or more accuratly TELEFON, as this is part of the mute function, when in operation, or a call comes through.

Really pleased with the Parrot, no cradles phone stays out of sight, although functionality like all things bluetooth depends on the exact phone, good thing about the Parrot is that you can upgrade the operating software via Bluetooth enabled laptop to keep it current with your phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If proper cables r used they work fine, mines running on internal speakers on BOSE system, mute works fine and DIS says "PHONE" to let u know ur on the phone, when I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

fitted a SE kit to my S3.

it comes up "phone" on dis and on sat nav plus when it mutes thats it. Thats the oly itergration your get with the DIS

fitted straight into my sat nav (with bose) with no interfaces at all.

Thanks for the replies chaps!

Not fussed about sound coming through hi-fi or Bose integration as the std stereo is being binned for the stack of Alpine gear sitting at home the moment I get my hands on it...just wanted a reliable kit that doesn't require too much [censored] about. Nokia CK7 seems to fit the bill nicely .. cheers!

Adam

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
So CAN the nokia CK7 kit link in with the standard bose HU?

dont want to fit a little speaker in the car to be honest

[/ QUOTE ]

all works fine, u will need to get a AUD02NOK + NOK01ADP (2 kits in one box) which will interface with ur Audi HU.

31.99 + 2 p&p from Justcarkits.co.uk

So with this kit, I take it you need to turn on the bluetooth on your phone when you get in the car?

Can you set it up so that it switches on / conects automatically?

I have the Nokia 6230 at the moment with the Jarbra headset, which works fine, but messing on switching the bluetooth and then the headset on is a pain in the ar#e.

May treat myself to a new handsfree kit for crimbo.

[ QUOTE ]
r88per said:
So with this kit, I take it you need to turn on the bluetooth on your phone when you get in the car?

Can you set it up so that it switches on / conects automatically?

I have the Nokia 6230 at the moment with the Jarbra headset, which works fine, but messing on switching the bluetooth and then the headset on is a pain in the ar#e.

May treat myself to a new handsfree kit for crimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 6230 too, just leave BT enabled and it'll automatically connect. Doesn't seem to affect battery life too bad.

Adam

leaving BT enabled decreases battery life of phone, but not so much as u would notice.

the lead prvides the mute, function, connection ro internalal speakers and separate ignition feed to turn it on/off.

very pleased with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

so where do you get the ignition feed again? just from the fuse box?

im planning on buying and fitting myself. is it pretty easy? those cables just look like the plug into the existing loom??

cheers

I have a Sony Ericsson HCD-30 system in my car and it works perfectly even though I now have a Motorola phone. As has been mentioned, you just leave the bluetooth enabled and it automatically links when you turn the ignition on. Was I think around £150 fitted from memory.

And yes it automatically mutes to read "Telefon" in the DIS.

[ QUOTE ]
GezzerS4 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If proper cables r used they work fine, mines running on internal speakers on BOSE system, mute works fine and DIS says "PHONE" to let u know ur on the phone, when I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi just curious to know which cables these are? I got the display in and the mic up then found out It wouldn't connect.If you could point in the direction of the right cables that would be great! I got a a3 55 plate with the bose sound system.

Cheers