Newbie With S3 Turbo issues!!

mo_s3

Reaction score
Moe in my New (old) 210 S3

Hi guys, just saying hello, bought my first german last week and loving the change. Came from a 2.2 VTI Honda Prelude to a 210 Audi S3. I do have 1 or 2 issues im hoping you guys can help me with.

I just had the downpipe changed a few days ago as a whole emerged from me getting alittle to happy with my right foot. the noise sounded like a blown exhaust but after changing the downpipe it went away. The noise is now slowly returning in the lower rev range (2k).

Also the turbo is making an odd whistling noise and sometimes stops pulling for a second around 4k. does seem to be a bit down on power and the turbo feels like its sturggling.

Hope you guys can help me, cheers..

47214_145510128817891_100000767145108_203183_2651386_n.jpg

Wow like the car! Looks like it's been lowered as well? Very nice!
Not sure on the exhaust sound, sure someone can give some advice.
But turbo issues could be down to a number of problems.
Firstly the MAF air sensor always causes issues, very common to go, perhaps worth getting some readings if you have vag com diagnostics.
Boost leaks are another thing that at 4k could possibly cause you to loose power.
Another very likely thing is the coil packs, I believe at 4k they need to be working hard to produce the power your requesting, if they are on their way out this can cause the hesitation.
As for confirming the coil pack someone else maybe able to tell you how to confirm if it's these, and the boost leaks really are looking at the pipes in the engine bay to see what's split or soft.

Hope that helps a little, sure someone with more knowledge will answer soon :)

Thats got the potential to be a cracked wastegate housing inside the turbo.

Odd that it went away when the downpipe was changed though.

Hi, found out my manifold had come loose due to not being secured properly by a mechainic, and will need new gaskets.

Hes goin to get a mouth full very soon and thought il post this for anyone who has a similar problem.