Wanted : S3 front bumper

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Its been impossible to stop the paint cracking where it had been hit, even after the bumper was fusion welded back together. So iv decided I require another one. So if anybody happens to have one drop me a PM.

hmmm, if you use the right paint and correct laquer it shouldnt crack at all mate........ did you do it yourself or has a bodyshop done it? as long as the plastic weld was done using the correct filler and right paint then it should be fine, thats why your able to push the middle of your rear bumper into the crash bar and it doesnt crack at all

Last edited:
hmmm, if you use the right paint and correct laquer it shouldnt crack at all mate........ did you do it yourself or has a bodyshop done it? as long as the plastic weld was done using the correct filler and right paint then it should be fine, thats why your able to push the middle of your rear bumper into the crash bar and it doesnt crack at all

body shop did it, but as soon as they refitted it and streched it over the wheel arch fixings, it cracked again. After speaking to a few people it seems that once the plastic has been filled it will never be 100% as filler will never bend like plastic.

Havent checked out new price yet andrew, not sure if I would resort to that.

Buy that bumper now lemon

in fairness mate that does make sense.....just had similar job done on my rear bumper but that isnt as bad to stretch around as the front one is.....it just wont go over the brackets without being forced