a few questions

C

colicabcadam

hi all, i'm the owner of a 2002 s3 and i have a few questions / problems (i only bought the car 3 days ago).....

1 - can anyone point me to an owners manual? i did not get one when i bought the car

2 - the steering makes an awful whine, it did not at first, i checked the steering fluid and it was very low, i've also noticed a bubbling noise when i start the engine, i believe it is related to the steering pump as it changes its tone when i steer the wheel, is this a simple top up? i've bought the correct audi fluid

3 - the engine overheats when i am in traffic, i called the AA and it was confirmed that the coolant fans fails to kick in, the fans do not come on when the aircon is on either, i did some reading and other people had the same problem, they changed a fan module (1J0 919 506K) and it fixed the problem, the thing is, where is this fan module located? i've bought one, the aa guy directly wired the fan to the battery to get me going, it;s just i have to put it on and turn it off manually lolol

4 - the aircon does not work too well, but i believe it is linked to the above as the same module controls the aircon compressor?

5 - i have the bose 6 cd system (sympany 2), i've had to buy another one off ebay because it got the cd error 3 problem and when i opened it up, a metal component fell out lol, is this a common problem?

6 - can anyone tell me a good audi garage in se london that i can use for servicing?

7 - does anyone have a service schedule to hand?

I originally bought the car from a dealer and it has 3 months warrenty, which is good as he has covered the cost for the parts i've bought, i've got no interest in taking it to a garage just yet as i "enjoy" fixing problems

thanking you in advance

question 3 +4 mate had the same problem ...fuse

if you like fixing probs or not get the geezer to fix it if it is under warranty, believe me.. you will get your time....lol
did you not check the vehicle before purchase?

Last edited:
hi s3 dave,

do you know what fuse it was, is it one that is located in the drivers side panel? if i can fix it i will, it is hassle taking it to a garage etc etc....

finesse,

my mate checked it over, there were no problems with it at the time, it did not overheat, the steering made no whine, the cd player worked and the air con was ok (although not as cold as newer cars).

thanks

1, Check above the foot pedal's there is a slot for the wallet there :) or Ebay is best best if you dont have it, you'll find one there.

2, Check your power steering pump fuse & pump.

3+4, Check as Dave said, im not known to that.

5, Nackered headunit. Replace ( But tell & or show the dealer, Let them deal with that )

6, No idea, dont use garage's really, I know far too many mechanic's that help me out.

7, Judging by what you have said i would drain the oil, replace oil, oil filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, sump plug, as a matter of cause.

How much did you pay for this said car ?

Hope this helps you out & welcome to Audi Sport :racer:

thanks, i checked the wallet no luck, i thought someone may have had a pdf

as for the steering, i think i will top it up first, if it still does it, i will get someone to bleed it, if that fails, the dealer can buy me a new one, the dealer has already paid for a head unit, i am just waiting for it to turn up :0)

i actually want to take it to a good local garage and have it fully serviced including a cambelt change for piece of mind

i paid £6,500 with 3 months warrenty, so as long as problems occur within that time i'm happy, the car has some service history and has 56,000 miles on it (backed up by MOTs)

hi s3 dave,

do you know what fuse it was, is it one that is located in the drivers side panel? if i can fix it i will, it is hassle taking it to a garage etc etc....

finesse,

my mate checked it over, there were no problems with it at the time, it did not overheat, the steering made no whine, the cd player worked and the air con was ok (although not as cold as newer cars).

thanks
i think it was fuse 25 in car then 30 amp fuse on top of the battery ...

i dave, thanks for the reply, sadly it did not fix the problem :0(