My VAG Wishlist (from stealers)

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here is my wishlist and i need a little info about some of the items below from our technical guru's :sos:

-------
tt front arb 20mm £64 +vat
(need bushes aswell)

r32 rear arb 19mm £46 +vat
would this be any improvement over the standard one much like the front?
-------
s3 upper strut brace £63.83 +vat
s3 lower strut brace £93.02 +vat

do these bolts straight on? i know the upper needs holes drilling (not sure i should be trusted to do this:sadlike:)
-------
cupra R front splitter £21.12 +vat
self tapping screws is all i need right? do i have to take off that other thing under the bumper too?

-------
rear subframe bushes £18.83 +vat
mental labour on these i hear. Garage quoted £110 fitted sound far?

Thats all i got so far but i may think up some more bits. i plan on getting the car working perfectly (at least for a lil while) whilst improving it somewhat. without going OTT on aftermarket bits

cheers in advance! :icon_thumright:

dave. if yours is not quattro then the r32 rear arb wont go on and you dont have a rear subframe

as for the seat splitter. do you really want to be that scene??!!

dave. if yours is not quattro then the r32 rear arb wont go on and you dont have a rear subframe

as for the seat splitter. do you really want to be that scene??!!

i phoned them up and he gave me a part number for a3 rear subframe bushes? lol sure i dont have one or whatever bushes are at the rear. rear axle bushes exist? maybe its those.

ok ill scratch the rear arb then. aftermarket it is.

seat splitter looks alright dont it? should blend in on my car as its black. ill try find a pic first. i was gonna gvie it a go as its only 20quid n iff it looks crap ill stick it on ebay.

cheers

15bushes.th.jpg
15bushes.jpg

must be number 5 them bushes?

Last edited:
heres a 1J chassis 2wd rear beam bush

09587.jpg

definately dont buy febi though, its a complete **** of a job and youd only want a decent part going in so you dont have to do it twice!!

as for adding the rear arb. the only reason to do that is if you want to further eliminate understeer. all depends on what you want to achieve with the car tho i suppose

i just dont want it to roll as much tbh. understeer aint really an issue for me. my coilovers helped, i need new wheels aswell but just want to stiffen it up a bit.

do you still get roll with the coilovers? youll have to choose carefully tbh as arbs change the character of the car's handling as much or more than they reduce roll

ahh i see. yeh i still get a bit of roll with the coilovers. probably dont help i have spongey tyres (standard 16's with quite a big profile). maybe i should try new wheels first.

****** cars!

i actually do think they look quite cool but the reality of it is theyre too common. i couldnt bring myself to do a mod like that if everyone had it. uh uh, speak to the hand girl friend etc