1.8t antilag system

MfkerHR

Reaction score
Is anyone using antilag on 1.8t AGU mark? If yes can you explain how and what parts are needed i havent found anything on net. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why first off? Because it sounds cool?

It’s designed to spool up a turbo not something that is an issue with the tiny stock turbos. It is hard on turbo and shortens their lifespan and launching it on two step there is a much greater risk of bending con rods.

If you insist on doing it.

- LD performance do a pnp box for under £120 for the AGU/AEB ignition module.

- WOTBOX

-Ecu master DET 3

Why first off? Because it sounds cool?

It’s designed to spool up a turbo not something that is an issue with the tiny stock turbos. It is hard on turbo and shortens their lifespan and launching it on two step there is a much greater risk of bending con rods.

If you insist on doing it.

- LD performance do a pnp box for under £120 for the AGU/AEB ignition module.

- WOTBOX

-Ecu master DET 3

You think i want antilag because of sound mate? Lololo sound is abnoxious imo
I want antilag to have no lag obviously and wanted to know what is required for it

What turbo do you currently have?

There are a number of ways to set up anti-lag, but your ECU must be capable, or you'll need an add on as above.
You will also need to decide where the extra air and fuel are going to come from. This may be dictated by your ECU or controller.
Your valve train will need upgrading to cope with the extra heat generated.

As antwan640g says, anti-lag is very hard on the engine, and will significantly reduce the life of the valves and turbo.

What turbo do you currently have?

There are a number of ways to set up anti-lag, but your ECU must be capable, or you'll need an add on as above.
You will also need to decide where the extra air and fuel are going to come from. This may be dictated by your ECU or controller.
Your valve train will need upgrading to cope with the extra heat generated.

As antwan640g says, anti-lag is very hard on the engine, and will significantly reduce the life of the valves and turbo.

Thank you. Didnt know that honestly mate
Tell me is it worth it afterall?

On a road car, definitely not.
On a clubman race car, definitely not.
On a race car with a big budget, maybe. Plan to replace exhaust valves annually, more if endurance racing. The turbo will need regular inspection.

Lag... lol...

'Lag' is normally the result of being in the wrong gear and/or poorly specced engine build...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: kcoles1, Terminator x, mrsingh2u and 2 others
I remember when IanG posted his brilliant video of 2 Step Launch Control, Anti Lag and No Lift Shift with flames, pops and bangs before he rebuilt his engine.

His "rod" picture still brings a tear to my eye - and this went relatively unnoticed

Benders

Reactions: MfkerHR
^ true story!

Although I was ragging it it out and NLS - ing over and over and over again to make this happen. Lol

put launch control on my car... used it all of 4 times and ended up burning an exhaust valve on cyl 3... i got off lightly by the looks of the pics above... i think that all tells you whether its worth it or not - you want to be inspecting your engine every few months then go ahead and do it lol

what type of launch control did you map?

2 step soft limiter or the mental guaranteed to ruin your engine type?

Upload 2017 12 26 21 48 9

guaranteed to break your engine type :whistle2:

Reactions: SHUk, IPG, S3JACKSON and 1 other person