034 rear ARB - 2 different sizes

forty3

Reaction score
So I thought I'd go ahead and order 034 rear arb but then discovered that there are 2 different sizes - 23.8mm and 25.4mm.

Can anyone elaborate on the reason for this?

I'm no Nigel Mansel in the driving department so just want to sort out the excessive body roll when I do go for a blast.

Last edited:
ARB doesn't really sort body roll, it sorts under/oversteer. The suspension is what causes the roll. An ARB links the two wheels so they are more or less linked (depending on the stiffness of the bar). I have the 25.4mm 034 ARB and found the car is way more responsive to steering when going around tighter corners now. Without it, the car understeered reasonably easily, but not so much now (helped by the CR15 strut brace although the ARB was a much bigger improvement).

As to roll, you'll need different springs to sort that - assuming you don't have active suspension. I have active and on dynamic it's stiffer than a 3 day-old corpse. Great for pushing it, but on a commute it's a proper boneshaker.

Reactions: 45bvtc and V6_Man
Sorry mate I work with an American who gets parts for me and he doesn't pay any import tax. Awesome Gti sell them in the UK.

Looks like it's Brotek or awesome then as don't fancy playing the import tax lottery.

+1 Awesome GTI, I bought all my stuff for my S4 from them. Al Brown is the guy you need to speak with. They are brilliant in their customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered and already shipped

Got 5% off at awesome with the code 5PERCENT

Reactions: xpoweruk, RS5 JON and V6_Man
ARB doesn't really sort body roll, it sorts under/oversteer. The suspension is what causes the roll. An ARB links the two wheels so they are more or less linked (depending on the stiffness of the bar). I have the 25.4mm 034 ARB and found the car is way more responsive to steering when going around tighter corners now. Without it, the car understeered reasonably easily, but not so much now (helped by the CR15 strut brace although the ARB was a much bigger improvement).

As to roll, you'll need different springs to sort that - assuming you don't have active suspension. I have active and on dynamic it's stiffer than a 3 day-old corpse. Great for pushing it, but on a commute it's a proper boneshaker.
No and Yes. Read through this it put it all in to layman terms http://houseofthud.com/cartech/swaybars.htm

Reactions: forty3, arad85, RyanJonS4 and 1 other person
ARB arrived today so hopefully fit next week if weather permits.

Obviously got lucky and they had one in stock instead of having to order from the States.

Reactions: GarethS4, V6_Man and xpoweruk
ARB arrived today so hopefully fit next week if weather permits.

Obviously got lucky and they had one in stock instead of having to order from the States.

Good luck, when I had mine fitted 3 of the bolts were seazed and broke! Luckily 034 ARB comes with new bolts!

Reactions: forty3
what sort of price did you pay @forty3 .looking one myself .

Last edited:
Good luck, when I had mine fitted 3 of the bolts were seazed and broke! Luckily 034 ARB comes with new bolts!

Thanks for the warning. Might slip my usual mechanic a couple of quid if it's going to be a nightmare.