00470 Fault code

keniken

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have picked up a nice 09 170 CR Sportback, only issue thus far is the following error:-

Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 1K0-907-530.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 530 S HW: 1K0 907 951
Component and/or Version: J533__Gateway H16 0210
Software Coding: E9807F06100602002103
Work Shop Code: WSC 00046 412 65536
VCID: 37763D914656A51

1 Fault Found:
00470 - Combination comfort Databus in Single Wire
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 170
Mileage: 56208 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.05.28
Time: 17:15:14

This error has coincided with the loss of remote central locking which is a bit of a pain.

Ross Tec says :-

00470 - Combination comfort Databus in Single Wire: Open Circuit

Possible Symptoms
  • Data Bus Comfort working in Single-Wire Mode
Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Modules
  • Control Module in CAN Data Bus Comfort faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Modules
..... but I am still none the wiser after doing this, any one with any thoughts please?

I have the same fault code which I think means it's only talking through one wire not two. It doesn't affect anything at all on my car and coincided with a badly leaking rear washer pipe connector after 2010/11 winter.

Try re-setting the central locking

Thanks Mike, I tried resyncing the keys but that does not work, that's unless there is another method I dont know about? :think:

Presumably you have VCDS so you could go into convenience module (or is it central electrics?) and fiddle about with the central locking options to see if that does anything.

I assume you have replaced the battery in the key fob just in case ?

Yeah done all that, output test etc still nothing, key is new but did swap the battery just incase but no luck

Sorry mate - sounds like a job for the experts !!!!!!

If you've just picked the car up then why not take it back to get sorted ?

Yeah that's what I was thinking though thought it might have been a quick fix before bank hols, still has a few months of warranty left so will add it to the list. Thanks Mike

If anyone can think of something else to try let me know ta.

Yeah that's what I was thinking though thought it might have been a quick fix before bank hols, still has a few months of warranty left so will add it to the list. Thanks Mike

If anyone can think of something else to try let me know ta.

did you ever solve this , did a scan today after the sds function went out of whack and I have the same error.

Sorted this for future reference to anyone . A small smd inductor on the hvac unit had one connection cracked which had caused the 1 line can bus problem . Usually though its the front door wiring that snaps.