£500 burning a hole

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Pay day today, and there was a fair bit more than I expected in my packet... basically free money! :yahoo:

Question is, what do I spend it on? Remap (~£580), Coilovers (£300-££££), Milltek CBE (£480), CAI (£no clue), put it towards wheels (£1000 + tyres)?:think:

Basically only done little cosmetic things so far (rear lights and LED DRLs), so want something more substantial this month. Was originally wanting it low on 19s, but now I'm leaning more to performance upgrades first, then get wheels sorted later.

Buy some V-Maxx coils from me :laugh:

That is pretty high on the list, but I think coils will wait until I can get the Speedlines and tyres too - zero to hero on the stance.

Sod it, be generous, give me half & ASN half :p

That is pretty high on the list, but I think coils will wait until I can get the Speedlines and tyres too - zero to hero on the stance.

Well you always need to do coils first. Coils need 500-1000 miles to bed in properly. But I have speedlines for sale and tyres, so you can buy any of the 3 :laugh:

I know you have them, I just can't afford them all together right now. And to think, 2 months ago I was saving for a flat! Stupid asn, bleeding all my money...

it all depends, if your still enjoying the power then id wait for the remap as thats a very slippery slope and once you have your stage 1 you will then want to add the CAI, exhaust and then suspension.

with that in mind ideally you should look at suspension first as power is nothing without control! if your after coilovers i can suppy weitec or KW depending on your budget, KW are about as good as it gets for fast road use, with Weitec close behind (made by KW) but substantially cheeper.

if your finding that your already getting used to the power then a remap is the way forward, but warning its a slipper slope and even tho yours is a 2008 youll have to start putting aside for an uprated Sachs clutch.

Well you always need to do coils first. Coils need 500-1000 miles to bed in properly. But I have speedlines for sale and tyres, so you can buy any of the 3 :laugh:

got some pics and info on the rims dude?

jungleman, how'd your group buy go for the KW/Weitecs? Is it still available?

had a couple people on another forum take some sets, and ive got a couple people on here just waiting for pay day before they put in some orders. so yep its still going if you want a set

Simplest question ever on ASN....start saving for a Porsche 4x4 :whistle2:

porsche-1.jpg

Last edited:
Coilovers all the way! Sod £300 on them get some better spec ones!

Simplest question ever on ASN....start saving for a Porsche 4x4 :whistle2:

porsche-1.jpg

It says: "Daily feeling of superiority... ...in Russian!"

If I can ever afford a CGT, I'm going to get one. My favourite car ever.

I was all ready to use the £500 to subsidise KWs (already mentally set aside money for coilies anyway, so may as well use it to get better ones) but then boggym came along with the deal of the century and sold me an Evoms CAI and Milltek TBE instead! quattro 1981's father-in-law is holding them for me now, just waiting to get home so I can sort a courier. So excited to get home and start on the road to 2+. Visual mods will have to wait for now, but I get the feeling it won't be long until I want the car to handle as well as it goes.

Never ending cycle, this modding lark!