ESP light

Lee R

Reaction score
My esp light has been coming on and off lately, had it scanned and this fault came up, anyone know how much this sensor is? Also isit a DIY job?

This is the code,
01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)

Thanks for any help.

hi mate i had the same on mine its under the steering colum you need to buy it from audi if i remember it was not cheap but really easy to do only a 10 min job. its on the side were your key gos and its got a like gold bit of metal around it holding it in.matt

To add to c_dogs instructions, here are the driver's trim removal instructions (link valid for the next 7 days): http://www.yousendit.com/download/UmNMYUloZ1BEa1hIRGc9PQ

Very easy, but mind the two clips at the top, near the steering column, as they can be a bit of a ****** to clip back on. The whole job should take you about 20-30 minutes if you are not rushing things.

im in the same boat, my esp and abs light are starting to come up. thinkn it comes from audi (the part) could be expensive.

so what do you guys suggest, should I try to check 1st to see if it may have come loose by any chance?

so what do you guys suggest, should I try to check 1st to see if it may have come loose by any chance?

I would check first to see if it's a bad wire/connection, but you did not post the full message by the looks of it as there should be some brief detail of the kind of problem as discussed on the ross-tech wiki link I posted earlier.

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8N0-907-379-MK20-E.lbl
Part No: 8N0 907 379 E
Component: ESP 20 CAN V005
Coding: 18448
Shop #: WSC 01236

2 Faults Found:
57-10 - Electric Circuit Failure - Intermittent
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Thats the full read out!

hi, i just my Car back from the mechanic however now i keep seeing a traction light on, i put it on a vagcom and came up with this any help would be appreciated as my mechanic said i would need a new 1100Pound ABS UNIT!!!!

Adress 03: ABS brakes
Component: ESP 20 CAN V005
part no: 8N0 907 379E
coding: 18448
shop#: WSC 21000
VCID: 3E793C9B3A6CAAAE

2 faults found:

01542 - yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
57-00 Electric Circuit Failure
01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

any help would be appreciated as im trying to steer clear of changing an ABS pump.

[h=2]checked the Ross-tech.com website and searched for the error, wondering as my faults are 01542 (G202) and not (G419) [ESP sensor faulty] . would that still mean that there is a possibility that the sensor needs changing. also i just taken the drive shaft out to recondition them as the CV boots were gone to ****s would that off messed up the wires possibly ?. also had the timming belt , water pump new clutch kit and vanos put on the car... ive spent enough already just want to enjoy my new toy DAMNIT!! hehe...

01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)[/h] [h=3]01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202): Electrical Fault in Circuit[/h] [h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Yaw Rate Sensor (G202) faulty
  • Yaw Rate Sensor (G202) faulty
  • ESP-Sensor Unit (G419) faulty
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
  • Check Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
    • Check Measuring Value Block (MVB)
  • Check ESP-Sensor Unit (G419)

[h=3]01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202): Implausible Signal[/h] [h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Ground Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Yaw Rate Sensor (G202) faulty
  • Installation Position of Yaw Rate Sensor (G202) incorrect
  • Yaw Rate Sensor (G202) faulty
  • ESP-Sensor Unit (G419) faulty
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
  • Check Installation Position of Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
  • Check Yaw Rate Sensor (G202)
    • Check Measuring Value Block (MVB)
  • Check ESP-Sensor Unit (G419)