ESP Light

rb41

Reaction score
Hi All, got the dreaded esp light on my 2000 s3 vag com is giving out fault code 01324 / J492 no comunication.
My garage reckon its the diff control unit at fault and it would be cheaper to buy a 2nd hand diff with the control on it as they say you have to drop the diff to fit the control unit..is that right??
if i were to buy a complete 2nd hand diff would a 2002(225 bhp) model fit my 2000(210bhp).?
is there a seperate control unit for the haldex and the diff or is one in the same?
apologies for all the questions..any help appreciated
cheers

rich

EML is a new one on me... ESP light comes on after about half a mile from cold switch engine off then back on ESP light is off till i start moving then comes back on pretty much straight away...doin my nut in!!

is it this?
26369934.jpg

and have you checked the earth strap there was a thread on it a few months ago, im sure it was this...

some one will be along shortly that will know the ins and outs of what you need :)

this is a good forum for answers

and welcome :D

yes pre facelift..i havn't checked the earth strap myself was assuming the garage would pick up something like that...would the earth strap be obvious i.e. broken or just loose

cheers..fingers crossed

I had the exact same problem and fault code. Everytime I went over 15mph ESP would come on.... I cured this by taking the connector from the haldex....cleaning it with electrical fluid. Been perfect since well over a year ago.

yeah...asked my garage to give it all a clean today so i'm assuming they did!!

I had to clean the connector a couple of times and wrap the connector in a plastic bag. The connectors corrode inside and has to scrapped off and properly cleaned and protected. Otherwise it will come back.

garage clean the connection= 10 mins £20.
New diff and all =£££££££££££££££££££££££

never assume it costs alot.
if you can take a look yourself it isnt that hard and maybe save yourself ££££££££££££££££££££££
good luck

Also check your wheel sensors, if one is dodgy it can cause probs with the ESP as well as abs, make sure there's not a worn wire or dirty connection.