focus st vs s3 anyone else raced one?!!

Oh god....this really has turned into a great thread.

Chris....See me at inters?? Whats that supposed to mean. That when and if i turn up you'll whack me one! Lol or am i missreading your meaning??

Kev i was being sarcastic. It was meant as a joke. :)

G

Lol love it when thread like these, the little disagreements, had one on the 8P Section that went on for over a week regarding a tuned S3 8p running at about 370 and a standard RS4 lol.

All that the S3 owner said was he felt slow, he was expecting alot more aggression when he put his foot down. And that went one for over a week! Always good these disagreements/banter. Personnaly i'd never own a ST or the RS. Not the car for me.
Just incase any of you want to take a look there the link:

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67216

101 watchers!

Yup, theres a massive thread on pistonheads where the guy hadnt actually said much all that bad but he had a forum sticker on his car, the police pulled off all his posts and made him out to be a boy racer.

and he did prison time.

I think its called 'Prison Diary' or something, search for the thread.

Hence why threads like this should be deleted the second they are posted.

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=629763&i=0

Is his prison diary, but I can't find the bit where he went through the court case (and the related bits about forum posts).

PS My dad's giant haystacks

If you both check the General part of the Forum Jojo posted regarding the prison diary. Going from the court case to when he is in prison.

LOL I dont understand why you all are hitting on Mr G, he only said what he feels, where as you lot have just blown it out of proportion!

Dave your a c**k all you do is slate s3's, you so want to prove a point, I would love to meet you on a track mate, you and that yellow space wagon lol.

As Chris has said though the ST is a nice motor also but just not to everyones taste! each to their own!

For the record I've removed my disrespectful posts with reference to the Focus ST/RS.

While i'll still be quoted in various other posts i'd like to point out that i appologised to the members on STOC if i offended them in any way. In future i'll keep my opinions to myself.

Unfortunately we aren't all as perfect as the M3 - Quattro is for Whimps, Dave Bayern.

Taking the **** out of people who can't spell is not a funny thing. I agree with Faz here totally!

G

For the record I've removed my disrespectful posts with reference to the Focus ST/RS.

While i'll still be quoted in various other posts i'd like to point out that i appologised to the members on STOC if i offended them in any way. In future i'll keep my opinions to myself.

Unfortunately we aren't all as perfect as the M3 - Quattro is for Whimps, Dave Bayern.

Taking the **** out of people who can't spell is not a funny thing. I agree with Faz here totally!

G

Very gentlemanly!

In the interests of inter-forum friendliness, now that a few of you have focusstoc.com accounts, don't be strangers!

If you ever fancy a day at the drag strip / track / etc., let us know. We're a friendly bunch and don't need much of an excuse to bowl up to someone else's event ;)

G

Well done removing them.

"can't spell" should be cannot spell :)

I'd be scared to attend a meeting just in case ChriS3 is waiting with his cronies!!!

Thanks for the offer though.

Very gentlemanly!

In the interests of inter-forum friendliness, now that a few of you have focusstoc.com accounts, don't be strangers!

If you ever fancy a day at the drag strip / track / etc., let us know. We're a friendly bunch and don't need much of an excuse to bowl up to someone else's event ;)

now that does sound like a plan..... be good to put this to bed if nothing else:thumbsup:....although you guys would have upper edge, ive only ever beaten an ST with obvious heat soak:)

nice forum btw, been meaning to join for ages, always pass/follow an orange ST in shef on way to work....your sites badges all over it

now that does sound like a plan..... be good to put this to bed if nothing else:thumbsup:....although you guys would have upper edge, ive only ever beaten an ST with obvious heat soak:)

nice forum btw, been meaning to join for ages, always pass/follow an orange ST in shef on way to work....your sites badges all over it

With a CAIS and an uprated I/C, I can't say I've ever had a problem with heat-soak. Either way, I'd have thought there would be a nice enough range of performance from unmodded ST up to 450bhp S3 that it would still be fun.

My Vredesteins are getting close to the wear indicators and they're just begging for a track send off :D

hey i was making excuses for the ST:beerchug:

na that would be great, ive never tracked a car...... any suggestions for a track? im near Donnington but its shut now

hey i was making excuses for the ST:beerchug:

na that would be great, ive never tracked a car...... any suggestions for a track? im near Donnington but its shut now

:D Yeah, it can certainly suffer in the heat. Especially if you remap but don't uprate the induction.

I've not got much track experience, but I've done Bedford and I'd say it was a great accesible track with plenty of run off for those 'ooops' moments.

:D Yeah, it can certainly suffer in the heat. Especially if you remap but don't uprate the induction.

I've not got much track experience, but I've done Bedford and I'd say it was a great accesible track with plenty of run off for those 'ooops' moments.

that sounds quite good..... a bit more central wouldnt hurt , say few miles north as i think we'd hit a few more members possibly? its only just over 100miles for me...... just whether theres anywhere geographically better

Reckon we ought to stick the feelers out and then try and arrange a date once we have the interest?

This would be very good.Be nice to see how cars with similar power compare against each other.

well i think the track is the better option, more varied.....we know we can google 1/4 mile stats and get a conclusive idea of what times people will be running etc.... plus we'll have some different cars to gaup at

Dave your a c**k all you do is slate s3's, you so want to prove a point, I would love to meet you on a track mate, you and that yellow space wagon lol.

You let me know next one you're at. I've done 3 so far this year with plenty more to come.

Thing is, I dont expect I'll see you at any now will I....

an intelligent overview - well done!! hope it wasn't too taxing on your brain to come up with something so fruitful given the attempt to make something good out of it:o.k:

I thought it was well on intellectual par with the content of this thread.

Beford isn't a 'track' its an old airfield with cones.

Its properly horrible on tyres, expect to go through a whole set in one day.

This is reflected is the price of the day too.

cheers Dave, much appreciated/.....i was just looking at the pricing and availability which seems somewhat limited. link updated

Minty...you succeeded only in bringing it back down when it was done and dusted

i fully understand how the haldex works..... my point being that it isnt 2wd either
the comment 'far from it' would assume it is 2wd when it so clearly is not...shall we agree that it is a hybrid...would that make life better for us all

Not sure if this is on topic what with it being about cars, but when I was researching the S3 before buying one I found that the clutch coupling technology that the Haldex unit uses was first developed by Porsche on their 959 race cars. Audi didn't make the Haldex unit, Haldex is actually a company that supplies their units to Audi, volvo, saab, land rover and Bugatti, i.e. the Veyron (no doubt an enhanced version though).

People argue that Haldex isn't as good as Torsen etc, but its a different way of achieving 4wd with different benefits to Torsen, and equally Torsen has benefits over Haldex, kind of like an S3 vs an ST... :shutup2:

yup Haldex is a seperate company.... theres a really good guide on a TT/VW forum somewhere showing exactly how it works and comments from Haldex themselves commenting on why you shouldnt run the haldex without a fuse

no comment on the argument, although 4 wheels are always going to be better than 2 IMO

Wheres Dave when you need him....

I'm sure he knows more than haldex do about where and what uses they have for thier system. Anyone mention Veyron? :)

G

Wheres Dave when you need him....

I'm sure he knows more than haldex do about where and what uses they have for thier system. Anyone mention Veyron? :)

G

If you want to mention the Veyron, then you'll already know that the Haldex system it uses is completely different to that found in other VAG cars. It drives the rears full time, with partial front wheel assist - the complete opposite from the S3. It's still faux wheel drive though!

Oooh Chris beats me to it.

Also, the Haldex system they use in the Veyron is a totally different product in terms of materials used, torque sensing etc.

Saying a Veyron runs a Haldex like an S3 would be like saying buy a 1.4 Skoda, its nearly the same as an S3.

Same controlling company makes them, totally different products though.

We all have our own opinions on cars, and some people will always think the Quattro system is better than FWD or RWD, but each to their own.

Not everyone can be right all the time ;)

cheers Dave, much appreciated/.....i was just looking at the pricing and availability which seems somewhat limited. link updated

Have a look at:

http://www.circuitjunkie.net/calendar

But if you want a track day, and by the looks of thing, it'll be the first time for most, then dont go to an airfield as it'll start people off thinking that circuits are badly surfaced and not real race tracks.

Plus it'll cost more due to increased tyre wear.

I can get about 5 track days out of a brand new set of semi slicks on decent tracks. Airfields are not as smooth though and the coarseness wears tyres quicker, especially in hot weather.

The only bad thing about Silverstone is, that like airfield, it doesnt have any camber changes and its quite featureless, so reference points are hard to come by.

If you can find a Donington track day for reasonable money then 100% do that instead as its an aweseome track.

I'd have come along so you could have all taken the p*ss out of my stickers but I'll be out in Nurburg for most of the summer...

this has been raised over on the ST forum.... i thought Doni was closed for the rebuild this year? sure i read that somewhere... that aside they are still advertising on their website so i must be wrong....Doni would be better for me and arguably more central...

again, cheers for ya help on this Dave