RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

I used VHB (specifically this, which I ordered when I swapped my plates back on the Golf to trade it in). I have a strip of it each end, probably an inch or so in from the short edge. Happy with the contact area on the grill pattern when I eyeballed it, and made sure to apply pressure over the tape for some 10s of seconds. After an hour or so gave it an experimental wobble and it felt solid so happy with it. Happy to grab some pics of the front when I next have the car out if you want?
That's the tape I used, did you use it in a single layer? I might have over-egged it by going double.
20220324 110813

so I can work out, at least 4 people here have purchased a new RS3 8Y (probably over priced) as a stop gap "filler" car until their new RS3 8Y order arrives..... #smh#

Reactions: Terminator x and HulkRS3
That's the tape I used, did you use it in a single layer? I might have over-egged it by going double.
Yeah just one layer. Next time I'm near the car I'll grab a similar pic to yours to show you.

Reactions: RSt3ve
Definitely toying with that idea :thumbs up:
I wouldn't want to go quite as low as Billy did on his, but something like the Eibach Sportline (I think those ones are the lesser drop?) would be ideal. It's what I did on my S4 and it gave the same gap all the way around the tyre to the arch so looked how I wanted it to. Plus my driveway slopes down off the road so I could bottom out coming over the crest if it's too low. Lol

Reactions: billymc92
Time for a bit more tin foil....
20220324 103817

20220324 103445

Need to take me car to some of my old photo haunts, really want to recreate this one I took in the Beacons a few years back. Last full day of ownership and the sunset didn't disappoint (apologies for besmerching the RS3 forum with Jap).
LRM EXPORT 457985797968538 20190226 212438492

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, Pinky1959, Keano04 and 7 others
Cheers mate, that would be appreciated.
IMG 5281IMG 5282
Here you go, took the excuse to get away from my desk and out in the sun :)

e: just realised they're not as close-up as the one you took, let me know if they're any use!

so I can work out, at least 4 people here have purchased a new RS3 8Y (probably over priced) as a stop gap "filler" car until their new RS3 8Y order arrives..... #smh#

Sold my order. 5K profit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03??? and Mr Freeze
Sold my order. 5K profit lol.

Nicely done. Was offered £8k to buy my order back in January and I turned it down - I’m not sure he was mental for offering that or I am for not taking it!!!

Nicely done. Was offered £8k to buy my order back in January and I turned it down - I’m not sure he was mental for offering that or I am for not taking it!!!
How would you know if they just nicked your order and put a new one on for you!?

I've been wondering if this is what's happening to us with the constant "next month" reply I've been getting.

How would you know if they just nicked your order and put a new one on for you!?

I've been wondering if this is what's happening to us with the constant "next month" reply I've been getting.

I wasn’t offered it by Audi….

Haha, sorry.

I read "Buy my order back" - not "Buy my order" "Back in Jan". :thumbs up:

Haha yeah I can see how you read it that way now. Took my car in today for a service and dealer said they wished I hadn’t cancelled my second order as they can’t get their demo until July but mine would have been in sooner!

I wish I had kept it too as i would most certainly have sold that one on

70C4D506 4D20 4B7A 9AD1 A61F70C08E18

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03???, Sibz156 and 6 others
Brave man getting it delivered to workplace lol

How did you find the front plate/what tape did you use?
I did mine last week front and rear, the rear is not an issue but I had to double stack 3M VHB strips on the front to clear the raised areas on the grill. I'll not overly convinced it was the best choice for the front as VHB lacks flexibility compared to foam based tape. They're still on but some of the pads have settled in with 50% of the surface not in contact with plate/grill. Not going anywhere, just looks a bit poor.
Glad I’m not the only one with this problem.
i had to remove the foam but at the back as it caused the plate to bend and ultimately loosen the foam pads.
i need to replace the same on the front but will lower the plate to the flat part of the grill.
I’ve just order 3m strips from eBay. Very good so far

3F6B1102 C635 4779 95FA 6154E5605E44
ABC06DAA F87A 4F21 AF29 51D0B1B6481F

Matt carbon paddles on!

Reactions: RS03???, Southall87, kayemill and 4 others
Not mine but a green saloon at my local dealers today ready for customer collection. Will post it up shortly.

TX.

Not mine.

TX.
a066448abd4b83a9a3558718b252c2fe.jpg
853e08c954ded81d22555395ff4ed8f8.jpg
149778b49fd35229a3c38173f0f8bd41.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959 and kayemill
Looks so much better with the spacers over stock.
Do spacers make a difference on the insurance premium.
Never had them on a car but the pic does look good
What are the downsides to them?

Do spacers make a difference on the insurance premium.
Never had them on a car but the pic does look good
What are the downsides to them?

When I had them for a while on my 8V the insurance didn’t charge extra but they are classed as a mod

Downsides, you risk road rash to the lower bodywork as more tyre tread is exposed so more stones etc will be flick into the car.

I also found on the 8V it made any imbalance in the wheel a lot more noticeable as the further you push the wheel out the more it exaggerates things.

Reactions: hood