RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

Stripped bare after its first wash.

Body work cleansed……

9a62e631d3539865f448006cc69a706e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amazing shot of turbo blue three mate

Reactions: 8YARWY and Adi7r
I was sure I want kemora but that combo give me answer :) blue its super sporty and fit car well but only with black optics
20220316 132041

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03???, RSt3ve, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Crewe audi also has this exclusive for sale .

20220316 143742

20220316 143748

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Kevmoz
Lost deposit? £2.5k allegedly if you opt for special order colour.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Come on John, send the butler up to Crewe to negotiate a deal for yer……..

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Terminator x and Mastachaz
Now with wax. Nothing like getting the machine polisher out to become familiar with the curves!! There’s loads of them round the doors and arches in particular - I need to get some smaller pads

57bfe23b7d5267ff1c87c0d4bfde6ed9.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, kayemill and Snake Pliskin
I was sure I want kemora but that combo give me answer :) blue its super sporty and fit car well but only with black optics
View attachment 251468
Congrats on the purchase mate, looks amazing with the gloss black. I'll concede that the gloss black trim does look better, but for me as a daily the alu pack is a bit more liveable.
Either way, turbo looks awesome. Lost count of the number of people who have commented how loud but smart mine looks. In low light it just shines.

Reactions: HulkRS3
Now with wax. Nothing like getting the machine polisher out to become familiar with the curves!! There’s loads of them round the doors and arches in particular - I need to get some smaller pads

57bfe23b7d5267ff1c87c0d4bfde6ed9.jpg

You’ll need
6in 3in 2in and 1in together with the appropriate DA machines

You’ll need

Av always got by with using 2 flex Da machines with 125 ml pads and 80 ml pads no need for machines/pads as small as 50 ml and 25 ml...as ye can hand polish small areas... actually my smaller Flex DA is far better in every way to use than it's bigger brother

You’ll need

Got 6 and 3in plates so will just be buying some 80mm pads to use.

Do like the idea of a little mini polisher and pads but will see how i get on with the 80 pads (once purchased) first.

Rupes iBrid Nano is the bomb and one of my main go to machine polishers.
You simply can’t get right up to the edges with a larger polisher, and ideally need 25mm pad. Hand polishing is ok, but can induce marring, which whilst may not be seen by the average bod, under workshop lighting and scangrip hand held torch, it’s an area that is commonly missed, especially by dealers and paint repair shops.

Reactions: Keano04
Got 6 and 3in plates so will just be buying some 80mm pads to use.

Do like the idea of a little mini polisher and pads but will see how i get on with the 80 pads (once purchased) first.

Carbon Collective do a great low budget micro polisher if you’re wanting to not shell out the kings ransom for the Rupes Ibrid Nano

Reactions: Keano04
Rupes iBrid Nano is the bomb and one of my main go to machine polishers.
You simply can’t get right up to the edges with a larger polisher, and ideally need 25mm pad. Hand polishing is ok, but can induce marring, which whilst may not be seen by the average bod, under workshop lighting and scangrip hand held torch, it’s an area that is commonly missed, especially by dealers and paint repair shops.

You referred to the average bod....so how many times is the "average bod" gonna pull out his £500 bangers worth of Rupes ibrid namo polisher .....? Car detailers are folks who've made a living out of a hobby fair enough but it's not rocket science...and certainly not a professional job....more of a hobbyists

Reactions: Waq1
You referred to the average bod....so how many times is the "average bod" gonna pull out his £500 bangers worth of Rupes ibrid namo polisher .....? Car detailers are folks who've made a living out of a hobby fair enough but it's not rocket science...and certainly not a professional job....more of a hobbyists

I think that’s a little harsh. I’m a weekend warrior and enjoy cleaning it up but I appreciate those who do it professionally (nom hobbyists) and are good at what they do. There is skill and patience required that not all possess to get a detail and finish.

Mine is maybe 90% according to my ocd demons… that extra 10% is not easy to achieve imho.

I always have black cars though so that may be my fault

I think that’s a little harsh. I’m a weekend warrior and enjoy cleaning it up but I appreciate those who do it professionally (nom hobbyists) and are good at what they do. There is skill and patience required that not all possess to get a detail and finish.

Mine is maybe 90% according to my ocd demons… that extra 10% is not easy to achieve imho.

Being a weekend warrior is how I started. Was one for 20 years!!!!
Set up Detail Devil 3.5 years ago…………….the rest is history

Reactions: Terminator x and Keano04

Totally disagree. And I mean TOTALLY

Reactions: Jassyo06 and HulkRS3
Congrats on the purchase mate, looks amazing with the gloss black. I'll concede that the gloss black trim does look better, but for me as a daily the alu pack is a bit more liveable.
Either way, turbo looks awesome. Lost count of the number of people who have commented how loud but smart mine looks. In low light it just shines.
Thank you very much its all personal choice.

20220319 165731

Im.glad i got turbo.blue @detaildevil help.a lot

• Love
Reactions: Pinky1959, Stu-27, nadsi77 and 3 others
Had to get rid of the Sahara desert!

Attachments

• 57D93AF7-5F97-4B24-B8FB-0806BF4C2E08.jpeg
    57D93AF7-5F97-4B24-B8FB-0806BF4C2E08.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 165
  • 506D5354-F0D7-4AAA-9249-BEB20AB3635D.jpeg
    506D5354-F0D7-4AAA-9249-BEB20AB3635D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 170
  • 3F68DBF6-45DB-46F1-98DD-8823294FF3C4.jpeg
    3F68DBF6-45DB-46F1-98DD-8823294FF3C4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 185
Reactions: RS03???, Terminator x, Pinky1959 and 1 other person
I think that’s a little harsh. I’m a weekend warrior and enjoy cleaning it up but I appreciate those who do it professionally (nom hobbyists) and are good at what they do. There is skill and patience required that not all possess to get a
emoji817.png
detail and finish.

emoji12.png
emoji23.png

It's not harsh ....I've
Totally disagree. And I mean TOTALLY

Am ok with THAT...l have been detailing cars for decades ....but l wouldn't do it for a living as its too much hard work....and financially not worth it considering the effort required and l earn more in my own job that av been doing for 40 years

Went to Cheddar Gorge and Reservioir to fly the drone. The car attracts a lot of attention! In both car parks, found people taking pictures of the car and wanting to hear some revs. Never got that with the R :)

DJI 0103

Reactions: RSt3ve, kayemill and HulkRS3
Went to Cheddar Gorge and Reservioir to fly the drone. The car attracts a lot of attention! In both car parks, found people taking pictures of the car and wanting to hear some revs. Never got that with the R :)

View attachment 251568
Turbo Saloon? Just seen someone post on FB parked next to one with their Kyalami SB

Turbo Saloon? Just seen someone post on FB parked next to one with their Kyalami SB
Yup :)

When we came back to the car while parked in the Gorge a young lady was taking some pics, and then asked if I could do some revs for her to film... no idea where that got posted :p Didn't see any other 8Ys myself.

Yup :)

When we came back to the car while parked in the Gorge a young lady was taking some pics, and then asked if I could do some revs for her to film... no idea where that got posted :p Didn't see any other 8Ys myself.
Photos posted in "Audi RS3 8Y - Global Owners / Fans" group on Facebook, both colours look stunning :thumbs up:

Reactions: JamesOff

View attachment 251568
because its audi :) wich still in people head its premium brand plus rs means proper car haha :)

Swapped out the supplied numberplates for ones without the dealer tag sticking out at the bottom, and went for a drive to make sure they wouldn't fall off.

IMG 5279

• Love
Reactions: Charlie Farley, Pinky1959, Jay 1234 and 5 others
Swapped out the supplied numberplates for ones without the dealer tag sticking out at the bottom, and went for a drive to make sure they wouldn't fall off.

View attachment 251750
How did you find the front plate/what tape did you use?
I did mine last week front and rear, the rear is not an issue but I had to double stack 3M VHB strips on the front to clear the raised areas on the grill. I'll not overly convinced it was the best choice for the front as VHB lacks flexibility compared to foam based tape. They're still on but some of the pads have settled in with 50% of the surface not in contact with plate/grill. Not going anywhere, just looks a bit poor.

How did you find the front plate/what tape did you use?
I did mine last week front and rear, the rear is not an issue but I had to double stack 3M VHB strips on the front to clear the raised areas on the grill. I'll not overly convinced it was the best choice for the front as VHB lacks flexibility compared to foam based tape. They're still on but some of the pads have settled in with 50% of the surface not in contact with plate/grill. Not going anywhere, just looks a bit poor.
I used VHB (specifically this, which I ordered when I swapped my plates back on the Golf to trade it in). I have a strip of it each end, probably an inch or so in from the short edge. Happy with the contact area on the grill pattern when I eyeballed it, and made sure to apply pressure over the tape for some 10s of seconds. After an hour or so gave it an experimental wobble and it felt solid so happy with it. Happy to grab some pics of the front when I next have the car out if you want?

Reactions: RSt3ve

View attachment 251750
Loving TB on the Saloon. Between that, Kyalami and Daytona I think they are the nicest colours personally. I just wish they were metallic to show the folds/creases easier.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
Loving TB on the Saloon. Between that, Kyalami and Daytona I think they are the nicest colours personally. I just wish they were metallic to show the folds/creases easier.
I think someone said the Kemora is metallic and has specks of purple etc in the sun, I havent seen a Kemora in real life apparently, my car is Kemora so I'm interested to know! Regardless.. keen for my Racing Blue Mica to arrive next year!