RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

Just caught up on this one sorry to hear about that.

Drilling plates into the bodywork is not cool at all I hate it when they do that unless the manufacturer has already provided the mounting points.

Apparently they put the proper mount back on the rear specifically because dealers were incorrectly drilling into the rear tailgate (said my dealer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the rear has positions for them built in, so I'm less worried about that one than the front that has no positions or plinth or anything.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
@RS03???
Just got my "your audi is in build" email my week was 40 last time I spoke to them, must of come forwards a few weeks. Bonus

Reactions: Jay 1234, kayemill, RS03??? and 2 others
I know we haven't seen eye to eye on a few things lately but l hope you get this sorted out ASAP nothing worse id be going berserk.....
I appreciate the comment. I'm trying not to go mental just yet because that doesn't generally make people want to help you. Being direct but polite for the time being. Once there's some sort of resolution on the horizon then I will start asking questions about how it happened and what exactly they'll be doing for me seeing as I'll likely be missing two days of work as I don't have a car. And that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Reactions: Jassyo06
@RS03???
Just got my "your audi is in build" email my week was 40 last time I spoke to them, must of come forwards a few weeks. Bonus
That is wonderful news,
At Last some movement on Carbon Editions.
So, there may be more updates of this as there are 3 other Carbon Daytona Grey just in front of yours.
@j1sgo , @IW1, @shiggy -

Reactions: j1sgo and Joey Slats
It was just the email from audi UK not an actual one from my dealer but I believe they're a legit indicator? Yeah I hope so, we've all waited long enough let's be honest, just ordered my ASR courtesy of the group buy too

Reactions: kayemill and Jassyo06
It was just the email from audi UK not an actual one from my dealer but I believe they're a legit indicator? Yeah I hope so, we've all waited long enough let's be honest, just ordered my ASR courtesy of the group buy too
Worth calling the Dealer, to confirm by looking at the Factory Order screen. The one from Audi I've received was a random, pointless "we are preparing for your build" mail shot.

Just had the monthly update from my dealer. Factory portal still showing 00 - without production week since my original build week of 2308 was pulled for MY23. Not far away from a year since order. Wonder if Audi will send me an anniversary card and gift!!

• Sad
Reactions: RS03???
That is wonderful news,
At Last some movement on Carbon Editions.
So, there may be more updates of this as there are 3 other Carbon Daytona Grey just in front of yours.
@j1sgo , @IW1, @shiggy -
Little bit odd, jumped ahead of others. Also just 2 weeks before I ordered mine!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Just had the monthly update from my dealer. Factory portal still showing 00 - without production week since my original build week of 2308 was pulled for MY23. Not far away from a year since order. Wonder if Audi will send me an anniversary card and gift!!
My anniversary is the end of this week its flew in lol but glad its next spring now winter's not a good time for selling cars

I had my front plates drilled too. So if you're going to put in a private remind them before the PDI which is when they do it.

Photo of rear to show mounting plates.

Attachments

• IMG-20220920-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220920-WA0001.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20220920-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220920-WA0000.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 121
I had my front plates drilled too. So if you're going to put in a private remind them before the PDI which is when they do it.

They were told multiple times before the car arrived with them that I didn’t want the plate drilled on. Or washed. It’s a bit petty but at the same time you pay that much for a car is it too much to ask not to send self tappers through the front bumper?

Reactions: IanL-RS3
They were told multiple times before the car arrived with them that I didn’t want the plate drilled on. Or washed. It’s a bit petty but at the same time you pay that much for a car is it too much to ask not to send self tappers through the front bumper?

Knowing Audi's paint quality and especially Daytona it takes a bit of effort/neglect to swirl Daytona with one wash

Knowing Audi's paint quality and especially Daytona it takes a bit of effort/neglect to swirl Daytona with one wash

They must’ve used a broom or something then as it’s got some good swirls in it already.

3 consecutive times i have given to dealerships do not wash or polish the paint and all occasions they paid no attention this RS3 of my iwn will arrive with every bit of transportation protection film still intact l believe you have sign a waver stating this so the dealership has no blame if damaged

They must’ve used a broom or something then as it’s got some good swirls in it already.

Its probably been done when polishing off the residue of the transportation film they all have this done to them are you getting it detailed?

3 consecutive times i have given to dealerships do not wash or polish the paint and all occasions they paid no attention this RS3 of my iwn will arrive with every bit of transportation protection film still intact l believe you have sign a waver stating this so the dealership has no blame if damaged

I asked them to leave the protective plastic on but they told me it wasn’t allowed anymore, same with my friends 911 he has in order. I know both used to do it, so don’t know if it’s a new policy.

Its probably been done when polishing off the residue of the transportation film they all have this done to them are you getting it detailed?

I was going to get it detailed anyway but I imagine it’s now going to take more time and more money as a result.

I was going to get it detailed anyway but I imagine it’s now going to take more time and more money as a result.

Not at all and dont let any detailer think you think this...they'll take advantage....itll polish out as easily as finer marks do ....ive machineed polished my mums Daytona twice in 5 years still no visible swirling its all down to the washing process and using touchless stuff like gyeon wet coat ....spray on pressure washer off ...using a drying towel if you require it

Reactions: Daggerit
Similarly had an update today of 00 still, I was originally 2308 with you which dropped back to 2311 before being dropped altogether. @RS03???

• Angry
Reactions: RS03???

Yeah wouldn’t be happy with that drilling.

Wonder how the screws go into the rear bracket?

Reactions: Daggerit

I'll guessing it's stuck on but I'm sure someone with their car can confirm

Reactions: Daggerit and DangerMouseUK
I’ve got the same rear bracket with screws going into it lol gonna have a better look.

It’s got some self tappers as well, but they’re into purpose made holes on the tailgate, so I’m less worried about them.

Never even thought about this and just checked mine. Thankfully no screws in the front. Rear one obviously screwed in.

Reactions: RS03???, DangerMouseUK and Daggerit
I’ve got the same rear bracket with screws going into it lol gonna have a better look.

There are factory inserts in the rear.

One year now since order placed... had a build date of September week two, then haven't, dealer couldn't care less and now back to square one with no clue when I will get my car... so I have cancelled my order today. Now the fun starts - they are refusing to refund my deposit. What utter c unts they are. I have ordered six S and RS Audi's through this lot, that's 20 years a customer, plus all the servicing has been done there. This is how they want to treat me. The sales manager who told me this was very arrogant and argumentative in his tone., I recorded the call (he doesn't know that, yet...). I know the deal when it comes to refunding deposits, it is dealer discretion, but this is one scenario where the dealer is on thin ice, as they cannot supply the car I ordered, ergo they have to refund me. Besides, they won't cancel it and the car will end up for sale with a huge mark up, which of course the ***** ***** denies will happen. I'll name and shame them everywhere if it comes to it and to think I have recommended them to friends. I'm going in there unannounced tomorrow and let's see how they speak to me face-to-face. Audi, what an utter sh it show they are. Never again guys, never. Adios, I've now bought another AMG A45s plus with 30 miles on it and didn't pay over the odds I would add. New car will be with me Saturday, four days after confirming the order. Go figure.

I have messaged you.

Thanks

Got to see my car for 20 mins today. Loving the old man boring colour.
Was told that paint is actually pretty good for factory by the detailers. Will hopefully pick up on Sunday.

Attachments

• PXL_20220921_094508108.jpg
    PXL_20220921_094508108.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20220921_094522193.jpg
    PXL_20220921_094522193.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 88
Reactions: RS03???, DarrenFFC, VAGRANT and 10 others
1d37568042e142a5a20aeb7324d852e7.jpg

I can’t figure out where the screws are going here?

Took this picture at Finchley Road Audi on a brand new A3 they had parked out back with the bracket on it!

1d37568042e142a5a20aeb7324d852e7.jpg

I can’t figure out where the screws are going here?

Took this picture at Finchley Road Audi on a brand new A3 they had parked out back with the bracket on it!

1d37568042e142a5a20aeb7324d852e7

Oh so it goes inside that painted over hole? Fair play didn’t look like anything could go in there.

Gonna check my plate properly later to see how they’ve done it!

Oh so it goes inside that painted over hole? Fair play didn’t look like anything could go in there.

Yeah, it's just a little insert in the boot lid
8t0 827 310 a

They use a plastic fitting.

If drilling the front for the number plate is a no-no, what secure anti theft alternative is there?

Update guys.
Car will be at dealers tomorrow. Will be picking up on monday. Will post pictures.

Reactions: RS03???, Pinky1959, Jaeger12 and 4 others
What! No nice leather owners manual holder!

(Yes I know very first world problems!)

Attachments

• PXL_20220921_182907269.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220921_182907269.PORTRAIT.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 77
I was thinking of these:

View attachment 259406
They look nice. But if someone wants to steal your plates. That's not going to slow them down.

I'm up in Scotland and haven't come across people stealing plates. Probably much easier to get a set made if you're that way inclined.

Reactions: Deleted member 160894 and Daggerit