RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

They look nice. But if someone wants to steal your plates. That's not going to slow them down.

I'm up in Scotland and haven't come across people stealing plates. Probably much easier to get a set made if you're that way inclined.
You're probably right, Ian. I saw on the forum that drilling the front was a no go area but didn't see any suggestions as alternatives. I've had taped plates before but not really considered the security of them. I wanted to get a set made up by a company that makes them more aesthetically pleasing (and smaller) than normal plates, while still remaining legal. They're £145 so wouldn't want them to get nicked!

Reactions: IanL-RS3
You're probably right, Ian. I saw on the forum that drilling the front was a no go area but didn't see any suggestions as alternatives. I've had taped plates before but not really considered the security of them. I wanted to get a set made up by a company that makes them more aesthetically pleasing (and smaller) than normal plates, while still remaining legal. They're £145 so wouldn't want them to get nicked!
Drilling the front is not the end of the world. It's just not great for myself and daggerit who are going to be fitting smaller plates. But even still, nobody else will notice the 2 small holes.

Could maybe modify them to feed the air intake (see attached) lol

But even still I'd prefer if they taped them by default. Looks neater.

Attachments

• 2012-06-05 15.44.31.jpg
    2012-06-05 15.44.31.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 97
Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Drilling the front is not the end of the world. It's just not great for myself and daggerit who are going to be fitting smaller plates. But even still, nobody else will notice the 2 small holes.

Could maybe modify them to feed the air intake (see attached) lol

But even still I'd prefer if they taped them by default. Looks neater.
Again, I'm inclined to agree. I'm thinking fourdot plates, you?

Again, I'm inclined to agree. I'm thinking fourdot plates, you?
There's a place in Glasgow (number plate centre or something like that) that I'm just going to go to and get their advice, let them make it up and fit. I'm honestly not hugely fussed. My private plate is as much to hide having a new car as anything! I actually hate the first period of owning a new car for all the attention and rubbish firsts (kerbing, shopping trolley dent, mysterious scratch etc). I'm weird that way.

Edit: just looked at fourdot. You could get something to match the shape of the grill which would look cool

There's a place in Glasgow (number plate centre or something like that) that I'm just going to go to and get their advice, let them make it up and fit. I'm honestly not hugely fussed. My private plate is as much to hide having a new car as anything! I actually hate the first period of owning a new car for all the attention and rubbish firsts (kerbing, shopping trolley dent, mysterious scratch etc). I'm weird that way.

Edit: just looked at fourdot. You could get something to match the shape of the grill which would look cool
Yeah, I get your thinking. I'll be gutted too when those things happen.

Yes they do some decent stuff by the look of it. I'm not sure if @HulkRS3 had his done by them. I think a picture I saw of the rear plate looked like the same shape, although maybe that's done by numerous other plate manufacturers.

Well spoke to my dealership today car still at the moment sitting at build week 22 of 2023 at the moment, was quite surprised that if i ordered new now could be upto 12 months wait which is a bit annoying as already been waiting a year so it looks like anyone who ordered last year could be slower getting there car than cars ordered now : (

also drilled the numberplate straight into the front bumper after I told them I didn't want that done. So I'm going to be asking for a lot of rectification as a result I think.
Lincoln Audi did the same on mine and now you’ve started me obsessing about the correct height!
Seems only about 1 in 4 actually have them centred vertically on the blanked out area of the grill on loads of photo i looked at.

I can see what they did on mine - they drilled the plate central and then used the recessed pattern of the grill to level (no measuring required!!) and stop the drill slipping - hence plate is slightly too high.
Fortunately I have planned to fit the Audi sport plate holder so i should be able to pull the plate back centrally.
I hate screwed plates - the screws always end up crossing the letters and also distorting the plate.
The new plates I ordered also have UK and Union Jack so i dont need a UK sticker for European travel.
CF447BF5 4E63 4267 949C DD296130EC45

Reactions: Daggerit
Similarly had an update today of 00 still, I was originally 2308 with you which dropped back to 2311 before being dropped altogether. @RS03???
Think we will be lucky to get our cars before the start of 2024. Will probably be made on the same production run. Need to hope that they have a spate of orders for Mythos Black s/b to get production date moved up!

It feels like this whole process has been laughably bad for everyone in the UK except the select few who have managed to jump into cancelled orders or something.

I really wonder how it is for other models in the UK from Audi and if they're seeing the same level of indifference and delays as the RS3's have. And the rest of the world too, it seems like many are getting cars much faster than us but maybe that's just the way it seems.
I ordered my RS3 with my now ex partner at the same time. She ordered a new TT which she spec’d herself. She took delivery of her car first week of April. When i get told of chip shortages i literally think “f off” how is that possible when they’ve built a new TT to order at the same time! Same dealership sat next to one another ordering within 30 mins of each other…

I ordered my RS3 with my now ex partner at the same time. She ordered a new TT which she spec’d herself. She took delivery of her car first week of April. When i get told of chip shortages i literally think “f off” how is that possible when they’ve built a new TT to order at the same time! Same dealership sat next to one another ordering within 30 mins of each other…

Yeah it’s a joke I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adi7r
Same story here, daughter's RS5, ordered on Nov-21, delivered on Mar-22, with 360 cam and with old style MMI.
You are the Google expert RS03??? But is this correct?

Ingolstadt/Neckarsulm, 22. September 2022 – Die Teileversorgung der Audi Standorte bleibt angespannt. Derzeit kann das Unternehmen nicht sicher vorhersehen, ob es Arbeitsausfälle abwenden kann. Die AUDI AG hat deshalb an den Standorten Ingolstadt und Neckarsulm vorsorglich die Kurzarbeit bis einschließlich 31. Oktober 2022 verlängert. Betroffen sind vor allem die Fahrzeugproduktion mit den tangierten Bereichen sowie andere produktionsferne Bereiche.

Weitere Infos stehen in den Werkbekanntmachungen 60/2022 IN sowie 53/2022 NSU.

Detaillierte Informationen dazu erhalten Sie direkt von Ihren Führungskräften.

Aufgrund der weiterhin angespannten Versorgungssituation ergeben sich Veränderungen in den Fahrweisen:

Fahrweise in Ingolstadt in der Woche ab 26. September

In Ingolstadt ruht am 26. und 27. September die Spätschicht bei der Fertigungslinie 1 (A4/A5) sowie die Dauernachtschicht bei der Fertigungslinie 2 (A3/A4/A5).

Die geplante Fahrweise am Standort Ingolstadt für September steht in der Werkbekanntmachung 62/2022 IN.

You are the Google expert RS03??? But is this correct?

Ingolstadt/Neckarsulm, 22. September 2022 – Die Teileversorgung der Audi Standorte bleibt angespannt. Derzeit kann das Unternehmen nicht sicher vorhersehen, ob es Arbeitsausfälle abwenden kann. Die AUDI AG hat deshalb an den Standorten Ingolstadt und Neckarsulm vorsorglich die Kurzarbeit bis einschließlich 31. Oktober 2022 verlängert. Betroffen sind vor allem die Fahrzeugproduktion mit den tangierten Bereichen sowie andere produktionsferne Bereiche.

Weitere Infos stehen in den Werkbekanntmachungen 60/2022 IN sowie 53/2022 NSU.

Detaillierte Informationen dazu erhalten Sie direkt von Ihren Führungskräften.

Aufgrund der weiterhin angespannten Versorgungssituation ergeben sich Veränderungen in den Fahrweisen:

Fahrweise in Ingolstadt in der Woche ab 26. September

In Ingolstadt ruht am 26. und 27. September die Spätschicht bei der Fertigungslinie 1 (A4/A5) sowie die Dauernachtschicht bei der Fertigungslinie 2 (A3/A4/A5).

Die geplante Fahrweise am Standort Ingolstadt für September steht in der Werkbekanntmachung 62/2022 IN.
Thanks,
Translation from Google:
Ingolstadt/Neckarsulm, September 22, 2022 – The supply of parts to the Audi locations remains tight. At the moment, the company cannot predict with certainty whether it will be able to avert absenteeism. As a precaution, AUDI AG has therefore extended short-time work at the Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm sites up to and including October 31, 2022. Vehicle production with the affected areas and other non-production areas are particularly affected.

Further information can be found in the work announcements 60/2022 IN and 53/2022 NSU.

You will receive detailed information on this directly from your managers.

Due to the continuing tense supply situation, there are changes in driving styles:

Driving style in Ingolstadt in the week starting September 26th

In Ingolstadt, the late shift on production line 1 (A4/A5) and the permanent night shift on production line 2 (A3/A4/A5) will be closed on September 26th and 27th.

The planned mode of operation at the Ingolstadt site for September can be found in the works announcement 62/2022 IN.

-----------
Summary: Thats it till late Nov-2022 for any more updates of car builds, so members orders may be affected, pushed back even further, cascading into Build Weeks into 2023, based on Estimated Weeks mentioned.

Screenshot 2022 09 23 at 094001

Reactions: Daggerit and kayemill
@RS03??? My broker has finally surfaced and advised the car was at Emden last week awaiting shipping. Pickup estimated around 12th October. Finally a decent update and hope others receive the same!

Reactions: RS03???, RS3ree, kayemill and 3 others
My build week has shifted from 2303 to 2323

• Sad
Reactions: RS03???, Jaeger12 and IanL-RS3
My build week has shifted from 2303 to 2323
@RS03??? My broker has finally surfaced and advised the car was at Emden last week awaiting shipping. Pickup estimated around 12th October. Finally a decent update and hope others receive the same!
Updated. Thanks.
Two Carbon editions sneaking through

Reactions: Jay 1234
@RS03???

Now been informed I’ve lost my BW

Thanks,
Translation from Google:
Ingolstadt/Neckarsulm, September 22, 2022 – The supply of parts to the Audi locations remains tight. At the moment, the company cannot predict with certainty whether it will be able to avert absenteeism. As a precaution, AUDI AG has therefore extended short-time work at the Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm sites up to and including October 31, 2022. Vehicle production with the affected areas and other non-production areas are particularly affected.

Further information can be found in the work announcements 60/2022 IN and 53/2022 NSU.

You will receive detailed information on this directly from your managers.

Due to the continuing tense supply situation, there are changes in driving styles:

Driving style in Ingolstadt in the week starting September 26th

In Ingolstadt, the late shift on production line 1 (A4/A5) and the permanent night shift on production line 2 (A3/A4/A5) will be closed on September 26th and 27th.

The planned mode of operation at the Ingolstadt site for September can be found in the works announcement 62/2022 IN.

-----------
Summary: Thats it till late Nov-2022 for any more updates of car builds, so members orders may be affected, pushed back even further, cascading into Build Weeks into 2023, based on Estimated Weeks mentioned.

View attachment 259446
[/QUOTE

Great news! My order has already gone from predicted May to October and now stands in December and sounds like I’m waiting for the email to say it will be even later. I appreciate that there is some proper issues in the world at the moment and this really is a first world problem but I just don’t understand how other manufacturers can get parts and Audi, with all their clout, can’t. It looks as if I need to look elsewhere or keep my Golf R, as I’m not paying the inflated prices for an RS3 currently offered for sale.

Morning All,
The Good:
@K44WMY should have picked up his Daytona Grey Saloon - Pics pls.
@Jay 1234 - has had a confirmation the car is at Emden. Carbon Saloon Kemora Grey
@Joey Slats has been informed by Audi UK the car is in Build, would be nice to be confirmed by the dealer. Carbon Saloon Daytona Grey.
Therefore about 4 cars in build or in Transit,
The Bad:
The Factory is extending is short week working to end of October, so will impact any estimated build weeks in Sept,Oct onwards into 2023.
The Ugly:
1 Year + anniversary for about 15 members, awaiting on their cars. (Sorry to rub it in.)
Anyhow:

Reactions: Jaeger12, Jay 1234, mb127 and 3 others
Morning All,
The Good:
@Jay 1234 - has had a confirmation the car is at Emden. Carbon Saloon Kemora Grey
@Joey Slats has been informed by Audi UK the car is in Build, would be nice to be confirmed by the dealer. Carbon Saloon Daytona Grey.
The Bad:
The Factory is extending is short week working to end of October, so will impact any estimated build weeks in Sept,Oct onwards into 2023.
The Ugly:
1 Year + anniversary for about 15 members, awaiting on their cars. (Sorry to rub it in.)
Anyhow:

How do you know about the factory work schedules Rs03?

Morning All,
The Good:
The Bad:
The Ugly:
Anyhow:

My dealer is still saying it will no way be, longer than 12months from order date it's been 5 months with no build date.

Ordered in February, and my projected BW is 18 - 2023. Ordered with Exclusive Paint. Norway.

My dealer is still saying it will no way be, longer than 12months from order date it's been 5 months with no build date.
Of course they’ll tell you this now. Mines coming up to 12 months since order soon. I fail to understand how @Jay 1234 has ordered the same car as me (saloon carbon in kemora grey) 4 weeks after i ordered mine and his vehicle is in transit??? Mine still is estimated 2245. Makes me sick.
ps this is not a dig at you jay haha. Just Audi as a company

Reactions: Jay 1234
Of course they’ll tell you this now. Mines coming up to 12 months since order soon. I fail to understand how @Jay 1234 has ordered the same car as me (saloon carbon in kemora grey) 4 weeks after i ordered mine and his vehicle is in transit??? Mine still is estimated 2245. Makes me sick.
I know it shouldn't matter but did you pay the cheaper price not the new inflated audi price? I get the feeling like others that makes massive difference its a business at the end
of the day and they shouldnt but will all most definitely push the people that are paying the inflated price.

I remember he ordered without C&S to speed things up and it looks like it’s worked.

Reactions: Jay 1234 and Terminator x
How do you know about the factory work schedules Rs03?
From members feedback when they are advised by their respective dealers. Also, history and Audi UK have stated, the cars are built on batches of same colour, body and variant type, instead of from date of order as it used to be before covid-19. The new twist 'allegedly' adds this to this equation is dealer allocation quota and customers being a constant thorn to Audi-UK's backside.

Reactions: Jay 1234 and spookuk