Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The soundaktor is the sound you hear coming in the speakers. The one I heard was definitely way louder than the outgoing model too, and I was stood outside it.
I turned it off on mine with my vcds it made a noise under load (hills) like the crank was falling out

New 8R certianly louder outside, even pops and bangs and std noise inside is in keeping with 4 cyl unlike the S3 'I wanna be an RS3 noise'

Last edited:
I would pay £3k for an exhaust mate... sound is one of main the reasons people buy hothatch's but l wouldn't pay £5k for ceramic anchors....that's just ludicrous as the real benefit of these is on a race track.......
its a good looking thing

Attachments

• xxl_kfz_1602295_modiximage_photo_0012_jpg_pos_13.jpg
    xxl_kfz_1602295_modiximage_photo_0012_jpg_pos_13.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and NevMan
Had a friend test drive one and she said the new one is a lot louder than her outgoing OPF model too.

There’s a difference between loud and good though… easy to make the R louder but if it sounds **** it’s best if it’s not so loud

Reactions: johnmv55 and NevMan
Hi All
Has anyone that has ordered the Carbon Black got a confirmed build week yet & if so when did you order ?
I ordered 30/08 and had an update yesterday saying still no confirmed build date.

Hi All
Has anyone that has ordered the Carbon Black got a confirmed build week yet & if so when did you order ?
I ordered 30/08 and had an update yesterday saying still no confirmed build date.
I've ordered a Carbon Black Sportback and have had a build date of 22nd Nov which has been unchanged for a while now. I ordered on Fri 13th Aug. No idea if this is confirmed or not but I have had a text from Audi saying my car is booked in to build but could be delayed blah blah blah.........

Reactions: LuckyLee
It seems a few of us have carbon blacks scheduled to start build on 22nd November - as noted above - this date is holding firm for the last 2 to 3 weeks so a ray of hope Audi are starting build of the carbon cars then and the date does not slip any further.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, kayemill and 1 other person
There’s a difference between loud and good though… easy to make the R louder but if it sounds **** it’s best if it’s not so loud
You cant get away from the fact it's still an in line 4 cyl conventional firing order, now, If it was a Yamaha R1 4 cyl it would sound very different :)

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hi All
I ordered in August, build date changed last week from wk44 to wk47. Carbon Sportback in Kemora.

Reactions: LuckyLee
I'm pretty sure that in the past having a BW only a few weeks in the future is pretty certain to be true. I know these are not normal times, but I'd expect that anyone with a BW in November at this stage is pretty set. Let's hope so.

Reactions: HulkRS3 and LuckyLee
My rs3 is on the ship finally!!! left the factory 3 weeks ago!

• Love
Reactions: pburv, billymc92, AndyVWR and 13 others
I'm pretty sure that in the past having a BW only a few weeks in the future is pretty certain to be true. I know these are not normal times, but I'd expect that anyone with a BW in November at this stage is pretty set. Let's hope so.
Have you had a build week yet?

I think mines coming into grimsby
From a VW site
Very geeky, but fun nevertheless. If you are waiting for your car to be shipped over, I have found two great websites that tracks the vessels.

The first is in real time and shows the location of the vessel along with a short description of the ship:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

The next website shows departures and arrivals:

http://www.portarrivals.com/

My dealer informed me that car is on its way from Wolfsburg to Emden to be shipped to Grimsby.

Looking at http://www.portarrivals.com/ it looks as though there are two vehicle carriers that run the gauntlet between Emden and Grimsby:

1) Main Highway
2) Isar Highway

So if you know your car is currently in the high seas, you can find out exactly where it is: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ lol

A bit of fun........... :)

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, kayemill and 1 other person
Have you had a build week yet?
No, not expecting to see the car until April/May probably - I ordered on release day but they always told me 9 months so anything earlier is a bonus. I'm thinking of going Exclusive colour, just waiting to see what impact that has.

No, not expecting to see the car until April/May probably - I ordered on release day but they always told me 9 months so anything earlier is a bonus. I'm thinking of going Exclusive colour, just waiting to see what impact that has.
Weird the way the Build weeks come up, I'd love to know how its all calculated/selected. I think I was the 3rd order in my dealership but I have a build week (16) and the other two dont as yet.
Ive asked before but didnt get any replies

I know some dealers order cars to get a slot and then put your name against that order and then alter spec accordingly, In the USA dealers have an allocation every month, once thats filled your a month behind instantly, I'd like to know the process though just out of curiosity

From a VW site
Very geeky, but fun nevertheless. If you are waiting for your car to be shipped over, I have found two great websites that tracks the vessels.

The first is in real time and shows the location of the vessel along with a short description of the ship:

My dealer informed me that car is on its way from Wolfsburg to Emden to be shipped to Grimsby.

Looking at http://www.portarrivals.com/ it looks as though there are two vehicle carriers that run the gauntlet between Emden and Grimsby:

1) Main Highway
2) Isar Highway

So if you know your car is currently in the high seas, you can find out exactly where it is: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ lol

wow spot on mate! Thanks a lot I’ll definitely take a look haha

Reactions: johnmv55

The next unknown is how long after the confirmed build week will it actually be finished.

Mine was confirmed wk37 and still not completed/left the factory….

Reactions: NevMan, johnmv55 and UncleRick
From a VW site

1) Main Highway
2) Isar Highway

just trying to have a look now but for some reason the port arrivals site won't load? is that the correct link?

EDIT - May have found the ship the car is on, City of Oslo? Left Emden yesterday and currently pulling into Grimsby now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
@jassyo06

I think you asked recently if the vorsprung gets a black roof - the answer is no.
If you toggle the online configurator between carbon and vorsprung it disappears with vorsprung.
But if you go exclusive paint on carbon, then you lose the black roof anyway.

Reactions: Jassyo06
just trying to have a look now but for some reason the port arrivals site won't load? is that the correct link?

EDIT - May have found the ship the car is on, City of Oslo? Left Emden yesterday and currently pulling into Grimsby now!
It is quite an old link I found on one of the VW sites

@jassyo06

I think you asked recently if the vorsprung gets a black roof - the answer is no.
If you toggle the online configurator between carbon and vorsprung it disappears with vorsprung.
But if you go exclusive paint on carbon, then you lose the black roof anyway.
The length of time to wait on a EXCL paint aint viable mate just too ****** long a year from now l have asked the salesman at Brighton Audi again but it's just the same reply l get so Turbo Blue it is
Carbon Ed is a good choice but l want the sunroof

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
The length of time to wait on a EXCL paint aint viable mate just too ****** long a year from now l have asked the salesman at Brighton Audi again but it's just the same reply l get so Turbo Blue it is
Carbon Ed is a good choice but l want the sunroof

Yeah I would have really liked the sunroof but that was the compromise I had to make unfortunately.
The black roof should look pretty cool though and I am looking forward to seeing that carbon spoiler in person.

Reactions: pburv
Yeah I would have really liked the sunroof but that was the compromise I had to make unfortunately.
The black roof should look pretty cool though and I am looking forward to seeing that carbon spoiler in person.
Email l got from the sales guy today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-160318_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-160318_Chrome.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: pburv, RS03???, Mr Freeze and 2 others
****ing hell up to half a year later for exclusive paint :blink:
Yeah I am sure the car will still look damn good in turbo blue and compensate for getting the car sooner (and in spring rather than winter).

Reactions: pburv

Think you could be the first member on the forum to take delivery of their 8Y buzzing for you man.

Reactions: pburv, Alexlfc17, Jcbmally and 2 others
Hope you're keeping it and not flipping it ;)
I'd be flipping mine if I had one coming in the coming days with the crazy overs if somebody is stupid enough to pay it why not Fools and there money as they say :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, garethdj, Keano04 and 4 others
@jassyo06 only 5/6months extra and you will be able to have the car of your dreams (ok the colour anyway)
You’ve never been too sure on Turbo Blue on TTS (or so I thought) or was it the car that (although good to drive) you couldn’t gel with it and that affected the colour too.‍ :disappointed:
Sorry, I felt someone should say it…..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pburv, johnmv55, NevMan and 3 others

Stacks up with what I was told about delivery on carbon edition.
Was told the vorsprung will be after Easter 22 around June time, but dependant on colour choice (from the standard ones) also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I'd be flipping mine if I had one coming in the coming days with the crazy overs if somebody is stupid enough to pay it why not Fools and there money as they say :laughing:
Naughty Naughty lol well l wouldn't mate it is the car l have always wanted 7 years wait really

Reactions: pburv, 5pot, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Stacks up with what I was told about delivery on carbon edition.
Was told the vorsprung will be after Easter 22 around June time, but dependant on colour choice (from the standard ones) also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Am even fine with June mate they stop gritting the roads up here in May lol

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, 5pot, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Naughty Naughty lol well l wouldn't mate it is the car l have always wanted 7 years wait really
Totally get that mate but you can get another Rs3 with a nice wad of cash in your pocket .

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, 5pot, Jcbmally and 2 others
Finally have a bit of movement on my vorsprung order, week 16 I've been given

Reactions: pburv, 5pot, 3vans and 6 others
Last I heard 2 weeks ago was the factory had not even accepted the order on my carbon saloon. 10 weeks in now since ordering. Only seen people on here with carbon sportbacks or vorsprungs getting build dates so far…I’ll check back with them in a couple of weeks. I am patient. I am patient. Give me my f****** car now

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Status
Not open for further replies.