Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With very limited customer cars about at the moment (must be less than what, 5??) the dealers will know who is flipping them and they will be black listed from buying again. Disgusting when it's the dealerships themselves flipping them for way over list. Done it with the Mk8R too.

Reactions: AndyVWR, Add_Profile and Snake Pliskin
Day 10 of my car sitting at the port waiting for the ship to fill before sending over. Hopefully delivery week c/8th :laughing:

This has got to be a joke. Look at the price gotta love Facebook.
1d795577447a1cb2d6ca0be456fb3d5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
That price :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze
The reviews do sound positive and @T-1000 has confirmed from his point of view also felt similar.
the Golf 8R is still tempting with options/discount and value.
For me, I’m hanging out for,you know what, on RS3 and also from my point of view (purely speculation) in case they do anything with 8R. (20th Anniversary of R) (R32) and 2024 50th Anniversary of Golf.

still think it’ll come down to MY2023 changes

I’ve noticed several new S3’s today and those headlights are still concerning me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: AndyVWR and Jassyo06
This kind of post brings my RS3 purchase back down to earth with a bump, I know your right :laugh::laugh: my RS3 demo drive had better come with added sparkles or it's another Golf :)
Just been to look at VW Oldham's 8R as the last one I looked at had cloth seats and they weren't to my liking this one had
the leather seats they looked way better imo it was white with pan roof with black wheels . Going to try and get a test drive of the 8R and the Rs3 before I make a decision . To be honest it's the balloon payment that puts me off the Rs3 at the moment the 8R's balloon on the other hand isn't a problem .

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, NevMan, AndyVWR and 1 other person
This has got to be a joke. Look at the price gotta love Facebook.
1d795577447a1cb2d6ca0be456fb3d5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What no Carbon spoiler knock 25k off.

Bradford too so no prizes for why it’s priced like that.
By the time some fool buys it the car will have 200 launches on it.

Audi need a rocket up their **** for allowing this to happen.

Reactions: johnmv55, Mr Freeze, Daggerit and 2 others
Just been to look at VW Oldham's 8R as the last one I looked at had cloth seats and they weren't to my liking this one had
the leather seats they looked way better imo it was white with pan roof with black wheels . Going to try and get a test drive of the 8R and the Rs3 before I make a decision . To be honest it's the balloon payment that puts me off the Rs3 at the moment the 8R's balloon on the other hand isn't a problem .
Aren’t the golf leather seats a £2k premium though ?

Reactions: johnmv55 and NevMan

Only the Carbon editions have the carbon spoilers so it shouldn’t have it anyway.

In their defence, I’m sure they can’t foresee who will flip cars. Audi selling them for over list themselves is pretty sh!t though.

£2610 for the leather . I specced one up in white with pan roof , Dcc , leather , Nav pro , rear camera , winter pack , 19's in black and 2 services £40.900 so its decent value for the performance as they seem to be putting out a lot more power than stated .
A friend ordered similar and it got me thinking . A big plus is it has the torque vectoring system the Rs3 has the draw back on the other hand is no 5 pot of course .

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Snake Pliskin

200 miles of pure abuse no doubt . Surprised SSC haven't got one yet

Reactions: 8YARWY
£2610 for the leather . I specced one up in white with pan roof , Dcc , leather , Nav pro , rear camera , winter pack , 19's in black and 2 services £40.900 so its decent value for the performance as they seem to be putting out a lot more power than stated .
A friend ordered similar and it got me thinking . A big plus is it has the torque vectoring system the Rs3 has the draw back on the other hand is no 5 pot of course .

The akra is worth adding imho - the 4 pot needs all the help it can get to add character.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin

its damn good value & a lot of performance for sure.
If you can live with a 4 pot then it has to be a major contender.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Mr Freeze
This kind of post brings my RS3 purchase back down to earth with a bump, I know your right :laugh::laugh: my RS3 demo drive had better come with added sparkles or it's another Golf :)

When would the facelift be due on the R? I would be tempted to wait for the facelift depending upon how far off that is.

I cancelled my mk8R order back in March/April as I wanted something more special. It’s very competent and one of the very best daily cars out there so wouldn’t be a bad shout…

Based on a range of your posts my money is on you getting another golf

Reactions: Jassyo06
Only the Carbon editions have the carbon spoilers so it shouldn’t have it anyway.

In their defence, I’m sure they can’t foresee who will flip cars. Audi selling them for over list themselves is pretty sh!t though.

Lol for that price it should have the lot.

The leather seats are already heated so don’t think you need winter pack (or it’s reduced price).
As for Nav Pro, the great minds of the two main Golf forums have still not come up with explanation as to what £1200 buys you. Could be worth saving that as well…or put towards Akra exhaust.

But then what you really want is a 5 cylinder with design pack, lol

Was about to say, think are are ridiculously pricey, which is why many don’t opt for them.

Just checked…£2610!!!! Mental

424ebe0c3b7a57852400e11218e207bf.png

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze

But then the balloon is higher as residual on RS’s always way better than golf. Not necessarily in the current times with shortages, but in normal times definitely

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
The leather seats are already heated so don’t think you need winter pack (or it’s reduced price).
As for Nav Pro, the great minds of the two main Golf forums have still not come up with explanation as to what £1200 buys you. Could be worth saving that as well…or put towards Akra exhaust.

But then what you really want is a 5 cylinder with design pack, lol
The winter pack gives you front and rear heated seats plus heated windscreen the front seats are also cooled I believe .
Not sure either what the Nav pro gives you over standard I'll look into that . The Akra exhaust does sound good but £3100 is way to expensive imo

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
£3100 for the akro, I would definitely have that over leather , but then a full Remus or similar probably had for about £2k
After viewing 8Rs with cloth and leather I'd 100% spec leather . An exhaust can be added later the leather on the other hand can't .

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
The winter pack gives you front and rear heated seats plus heated windscreen the front seats are also cooled I believe .
Not sure either what the Nav pro gives you over standard I'll look into that . The Akra exhaust does sound good but £3100 is way to expensive imo

There’s two versions of the winter pack - the more expensive option adds heated rear seats - but neither has a heated windscreen.

Nav pro adds gesture control and speed limit sign stuff and isn’t really worth it IMO - it used (mk7) to have a bigger screen which was nice but don’t think it does now.

Personally I would go for Harmon kardon rather than pro nav.

Akra is massively expensive but if you’re trying to justify the golf over the rs3 it’s a must have (imho). I wouldn’t have the golf without one.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, AndyVWR and 1 other person
I’ve noticed several new S3’s today and those headlights are still concerning me.

Hence Audi disguise there size by the black mask same as they with Q8 they have 2 levels like a double decker not the chocolate bar......lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
But then the balloon is higher as residual on RS’s always way better than golf. Not necessarily in the current times with shortages, but in normal times definitely
Yes I totally agree but the ballon on the Rs3 is £24513 the 8R is £13890 .
I always buy a car with the intention of owning it out rite at the end .
I could stomach a £14k balloon 25k on the other hand not so much .

I've looked at HP for the Rs3 30K deposit £450 for 60 months
I didn't pay £450 a month for my S3 and my mortgage combined :laughing:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others
After viewing 8Rs with cloth and leather I'd 100% spec leather . An exhaust can be added later the leather on the other hand can't .
G8R with the blue highlights in the perforations of the leather is rather nice

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, NevMan and 3 others
There’s two versions of the winter pack - the more expensive option adds heated rear seats - but neither has a heated windscreen.

Nav pro adds gesture control and speed limit sign stuff and isn’t really worth it IMO - it used (mk7) to have a bigger screen which was nice but don’t think it does now.

Personally I would go for Harmon kardon rather than pro nav.

Akra is massively expensive but if you’re trying to justify the golf over the rs3 it’s a must have (imho). I wouldn’t have the golf without one.
Yes your rite its heated windscreen washer jets and low level warning sensor so not with having so £285 cheaper :icon thumright:
The nav pro gives you a 10'' screen it say not sure the standard is smaller tho .
I would't pay £3100 for an exhaust personally .

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyVWR
Yes your rite its heated windscreen washer jets and low level warning sensor .
The nav pro gives you a 10'' screen it say not sure the standard is smaller tho .
I would't pay £3100 for an exhaust personally .

Wish it did have heated windscreen - I find them really helpful and surely should be in a winter pack…

Yeah I cannot recall about screen size - standard screen is pretty big now. On the mk7 the standard screen was pretty small… but not sure about the mk8.

My view may be biased as I spent 7 years with the mk7/7.5 R and it sounds pretty terrible. If it could be retro fitted I would get it and sell on when the R went as you’d recoup most of the cash - started to look into it when I had my order in for the mk8 but it was factory only option…. Not sure if that’s changed. Fair enough though as everyone has different restrictions/line in the sand on what’s worthwhile.

Yes I totally agree but the ballon on the Rs3 is £24513 the 8R is £13890 .
I always buy a car with the intention of owning it out rite at the end .
I could stomach a £14k balloon 25k on the other hand not so much .

I've looked at HP for the Rs3 30K deposit £450 for 60 months
I didn't pay £450 a month for my S3 and my mortgage combined :laughing:
Correct me if l am wrong mate but l think the GFMV/BALOON on a vorsprung is around £30k

Yes, but if you want leather it's £2.6k option, they are also air conditioned and electric memory seats, look at it another way, if you tick the microfibre option on RS3 Audi doesnt give you anything back?

Its quite hard to get a Golf over £50k and at least YOU add the vast majority of options that YOU fancy andyou are not being dictated to by the Audi UK Design team bunching some stuff you want and other stuff you would rather by-pass, then go drive the deal and that around £50k is very close to £40k

If I could spec an RS3 from scratch it would be Red/Black wheels/Black trims/ ACC (without the rest of the nanny crap) Adaptive suspension/ sports exhaust/ B&O, done I really dont need a power tailgate (and it might not work for me with dog that sticks his paws over the bumper) HUD I can leave alone, as I can Pan Roof/Electric seats/360 camera (gone anyway) and sticky silly bits on the wheels *** I also dont want the Halfords rear carbon stuck on after thought spoiler either

Reactions: AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Yes, but if you want leather it's £2.6k option, they are also air conditioned and electric memory seats, look at it another way, if you tick the microfibre option on RS3 Audi doesnt give you anything back?

Its quite hard to get a Golf over £50k and at least YOU add the vast majority of options that YOU fancy andyou are not being dictated to by the Audi UK Design team bunching some stuff you want and other stuff you would rather by-pass, then go drive the deal and that around £50k is very close to £40k

If I could spec an RS3 from scratch it would be Red/Black wheels/Black trims/ ACC (without the rest of the nanny crap) Adaptive suspension/ sports exhaust/ B&O, done I really dont need a power tailgate (and it might not work for me with dog that sticks his paws over the bumper) HUD I can leave alone, as I can Pan Roof/Electric seats/360 camera (gone anyway) and sticky silly bits on the wheels *** I also dont want the Halfords rear carbon stuck on after thought spoiler either
Totally agree mate

Reactions: johnmv55
Correct me if l am wrong mate but l think the GFMV/BALOON on a vorsprung is around £30k
That quote/balloon was for a standard car mate.
Just checked the balloon for the Vorsprung I was quoted £29711 with 22k deposit and £292 a month .

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
That quote/balloon was for a standard car mate.
l see coz l was weighing up the balloon on a RS3 Vorsprung v TTRS Vorsprung way l see it is yer ****** if you do or dont go ... for a RS3 of the G8R as l know you dont like much else out there

l see coz l was weighing up the balloon on a RS3 Vorsprung v TTRS Vorsprung way l see it is yer ****** if you do or dont go ... for a RS3 of the G8R as l know you dont like much else out there
Spot on mate these are my only 2 options . Getting a bit ****** off with the continuous seat issues with the S3 to be honest which isn't helping
If cars were readily available I would of moved it on .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
When would the facelift be due on the R? I would be tempted to wait for the facelift depending upon how far off that is.

I cancelled my mk8R order back in March/April as I wanted something more special. It’s very competent and one of the very best daily cars out there so wouldn’t be a bad shout…

Based on a range of your posts my money is on you getting another golf

I think facelift time will be late 2023/early 2024. I suspect that is also A3 facelift territory but RS3 might be into 2024....(or...well.... I won't say it)

Reactions: Keano04

That is a really useful document, but I do like how they find the biggest scale to show off 3yr Residual value against A45s and its 66 v 62 (however that is still 4% worth having).
Also I know we don't buy an RS3 for boot space but they seem to have gone back to pre fl 8v with a 282 litre boot. Seems a backward step.

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS3ree, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
That is a really useful document, but I do like how they find the biggest scale to show off 3yr Residual value against A45s and its 66 v 62 (however that is still 4% worth having).
Also I know we don't buy an RS3 for boot space but they seem to have gone back to pre fl 8v with a 282 litre boot. Seems a backward step.

i think the RS3 is a bit higher priced than the 45s though - so that kinda balances things

Status
Not open for further replies.