I Love My S3......but thinking about Chopping it in......and going for a BMW..Or a Dacia

I would rather have my Nuts Bullwhipped than have a fugly Mustang lol

I was quite keen on the idea with all that build up, then when they came out the rear just looked terrible....so plasticy such a shame !

Reactions: Jassyo06
Mustang externally yes but unsure of interior For me Exige would only work as a weekend car unfortunately, the S3 is a good compromise for commuting. Like you I’ve never fallen in love with the S3 though, I like the power, the looks but really don’t like the seating position or feel.

I change my mind every day but next car for me would be potentially an S4 if can work from home more often, Golf GTI performance...... these will change tomorrow
Like you, I visit Bristol a fair amount, and for the M5 driving it's fine. A good cruiser if you like. Get onto B/C roads, and it'll stick like sh1t to a blanket, but it doesn't actually make me feel anything. There's only one word to describe it - apathy. The S3 is a great looking car, inside and out, but it has no soul, no feel or desire, it just makes me feel numb. I didn't have that feel in my old A3 8P, the steering was precise and the suspension although aggravating, didn't make me feel as though I was riding a tsunami like I do in the S3.

I'd never buy a Lotus. They're not really that reliable, and they look like cars for anoraks IMO. I've been tempted by the new Alfa recently, and the new 440i BMW. However, I think next year will be a new era for BMW's with their move towards FWD/xDrive so I'll wait and see what surprises they have to offer.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and S3orge
Been there got the t shirt and the back ache, manual m135i offset pedals and also the 5 door is incredibly cramped to get in and out of so although its got a great engine M135i (raw) not so much M140i (too smooth) its a fail for me, pre facelift cars are also pretty fugly. Interiors on the BMWs are due a change, centre console looking very dated. Maybe a 3 door M135i facelift highly specced might be fun for a week or two :)

That is an interesting review. Many of us take a demo car for a 15 minute spin around the block with the chatterbox salesperson. That is no way to test a car for seat comfort, driving experience etc. The M series in particular are a pretty harsh ride on any but perfect road conditions. The Bimmer six cylinder engine is a jewel but like many car manufacturers the turbo charged 4 banger is now the engine of choice for emission and economic reasons. If, at all possible get a demo car for a minimum of a 4 hour test drive with you alone. This will give you a much better idea of the pros and cons. To be very honest after 6 -12 months of ownership most cars I have owned I start to get the replacement itch for many reasons, this is not the case with my S3 after 12 months.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, davc and 4K
Spotted parked up in Hamilton this morning, @jassyo06 u had left your door open mate so I closed it for you!

610c08a8aead1dd22000a4b93bec3317.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow @BarryG79 that's a looker, must be the upgraded one with an extra 15hp. The reason the door was open is @jassyo06 did a low forward roll (Miami vice style) in to his home before anyone seen him and passed out. C'mon @jassyo06 admit it, its yours and you photo shopped it to look like an S3 saloon.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Bristle Hound, davc and 2 others
That is an interesting review. Many of us take a demo car for a 15 minute spin around the block with the chatterbox salesperson. That is no way to test a car for seat comfort, driving experience etc. The M series in particular are a pretty harsh ride on any but perfect road conditions. The Bimmer six cylinder engine is a jewel but like many car manufacturers the turbo charged 4 banger is now the engine of choice for emission and economic reasons. If, at all possible get a demo car for a minimum of a 4 hour test drive with you alone. This will give you a much better idea of the pros and cons. To be very honest after 6 -12 months of ownership most cars I have owned I start to get the replacement itch for many reasons, this is not the case with my S3 after 12 months.

Had the M135i probably 6-8 months

Last edited:
:wtf: I had to do a web search to even find out what a Duster is, found it and:puke2:. Not sold in North America, I wonder why? I know @jassyo06 has been having weird dreams of updated BMW interior designs but I think he has been watching too many voodoo movies. Time for reality mate. Mind you, it could be the the fumes from the touch up paint or the cost of such has scrambled his brain.

View attachment 147711
Great picture

@jassyo06 Here is the car that will set you free from any future itch to upgrade......The 'Senna Mclaren" just shy of a million quid and will definitely not lose value. One was just auctioned for 2.7 million quid even before they are built.

McLaren-Senna-Victory-Gray-18.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
@jassyo06 Here is the car that will set you free from any future itch to upgrade......The 'Senna Mclaren" just shy of a million quid and will definitely not lose value. One was just auctioned for 2.7 million quid even before they are built.

Very practical....I will just phone up my car insurance provider for a quote.....they put the phone down on me....The words Manchester and Mclaren didnt seem to go down too well....street parking was the final nail and my dream was over !

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, 4K and 2 others
Very practical....I will just phone up my car insurance provider for a quote.....they put the phone down on me....The words Manchester and Mclaren didnt seem to go down too well....street parking was the final nail and my dream was over !
Shucks eh lol.

I'm sure there will be a few of these parked outside the council house or the swamp on training days:wink:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Shucks eh lol.

I'm sure there will be a few of these parked outside the council house or the swamp on training days:wink:

Can anything be special when you earn that much !?

Reactions: davc and Jassyo06
PMSL x 2 :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and ACWKGYTO

No doubt it has awesome performance etc but it's no looker. Would still take one if offered for free though lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, SPIKE_, davc and 2 others
No doubt it has awesome performance etc but it's no looker. Would still take one if offered for free though lol
Aye but sell it instantly afterwards its even worse looking inside. ........ An Abomination that thing is

Reactions: Jcbmally, SPIKE_, davc and 1 other person
I like it but driving it to Sainsburys I might look a bit of a nob !

Reactions: Jcbmally

Aye but sell it instantly afterwards its even worse looking inside. ........ An Abomination that thing is

That thing really doesn't look nice...

Totally agree with you all. The Senna edition is truly awful looking. As much as McLaren seem to build good drivers cars, they need a few Italians employed within their design department - the closest car that is anywhere near good looking is the P1. Just can’t get on with their awkward styling at all.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
'I Love My S3......but thinking about Chopping it in......and going for a BMW..Or a Dacia'

Well ? You made your mind up yet @jassyo06 ? ;) :D

Reactions: Pinky1959, Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 2 others
'I Love My S3......but thinking about Chopping it in......and going for a BMW..Or a Dacia'

Well ? You made your mind up yet @jassyo06 ? ;) :D
I think he secretly has, and will put up a thread in the near future showing of his new "non Audi" purchase! He's went very quiet under some of the recent questioning!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
i have to agree with others here that the driving position (and headroom....and seats) is a big bug bear for me on the S/RS3.....TT waaaaaay better but thats a different animal....I felt very cramped in a Beemer 1/2 series.....so guess I'd better start looking at something else also!

My new car lads what de ya think

Messaging1518185512180
Messaging1518185519059
Messaging1518185527069
pick it up march 1st

Reactions: Audib5fan, Glasgoe Joe, Pinky1959 and 2 others
Hmm, I am not an SUV fan. I am trying to understand the logic of I presume trading in or selling the S3 voodoo after about 3 months. We only live one brief life and if that is what you desired, I will respect your decision and trust that you will enjoy your ride but I will miss you on this forum, as again I presume you will off to a bimmer forum.

Looks nice mate......what is it...? lol

Reactions: davc
I sincerely hope that you have more luck with yours than I had with the three I’ve owned.

No hard feelings:hi:

Reactions: 4K
James mate have you completely taken leave of your senses lol?

Are you selling the S3 privately and then clearing the finance? Don't really know much about PCP, but surely you would get hammered financially for exiting your agreement so soon?

Anyhow, pls hang around when you get your new motor, will miss the banter if you leave mate.

Here's hoping hes had, yin, too many on his Friday evening....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Hmmmm

Someone been on the beers again?

Nice to see one that’s not that mustard colour!

If it’s not the drink talking then congrats on another new motor mate. Was actually looking the x2 up online earlier today, really like the look of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk