Thinking About Ordering a S3

philnotts

Reaction score
Hello,

Thinking about upgrading my Audi A3 TDI 2.0 for a new Audi S3 in Glacier white.

I was wondering from current S3 owners what you would of spec'd if you was ordering again and what you did spec but has turned out to be a waste of money!!?

What are the views on Mag ride? Does it need it?

Some Audi dealers are giving very good discounts off a new build S3 and when i look at used 1-2 year old S3's there about the same as a new build is going to be with the discount. Am i missing something?!

Cheers,

Phil

Use the search engine.

Everything you ask has already been covered in detail

Thank you for the reply.

Spent all last night reading different posts. However i was just wondering on views of owners now they have had there S3 for while on options they wish they had or ordered and dont really need?

Couldnt really find anything on why used S3's are quite high last night using the search, maybe i missed the post?

Thanks,
Phil

Thank you for the reply.

Spent all last night reading different posts. However i was just wondering on views of owners now they have had there S3 for while on options they wish they had or ordered and dont really need?

Couldnt really find anything on why used S3's are quite high last night using the search, maybe i missed the post?

Thanks,
Phil

You can give this one a go Phil, some useful stuff for a few posts which then descends into some TV chit chat!! (Oh man, the tears were rollin down me cheeks reading this thread again lol)

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/which-options-are-worth-the-premium.256649/

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Sorry mate,
Wasnt trying to be arsey! Its just that things can get pretty repetative around here and there was a thread about preferred options just a few weeks ago!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just do it, lurch in and order what floats your boat and fits your wallet.

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
For all the good info that's here, it can be tricky to find.

If there's a thread like that, could we have a link to it?

It's a little late for me now, I've ordered an S3, and I'm hoping I didn't miss out on anything vital. I have to confess that the Audi options list is a minefield of very limited info. I still can't work out what "high" navigation is.

A sticky topic on the options list might be an idea. If I get a couple of hours, I might write one.

Phil, best advice we can give you is pick your absolute must have options and get your order in, especially as the deals are pretty tasty at the minute ;)

You get several weeks before the order is 'locked' (obviously check with the dealer) so bags of time to change yer mind 3000 times like we all did!! lol

is it possible to drive some ?
DSG and Manual are completely different
mag ride / no mag ride?
super sport seats / standard?
Nav? - this can be added at a later date.
indicators are a big option too...i had mine fitted, but you know, you could opt out.

for me, advanced key is a must (haters gonna hate)
i then choose my options after that!
I like manual, i like DSG, i opted for manual, would like to have gone for DSG now, but its not a massive deal for me.
i love privacy glass, other than getting them tinted at a later date.
black interior, with black headliner. perfect for me. some prefer "silver" or a combo of the two.
and the colour! See the colours in person (even if its on a different model) before you end up choosing sepang.

having to jump in a car, and putting in a key or even a fob, is a deal breaker for me.
i can make sacrifices on other options, so long as its keyless!

Edit : Oh and remember, diesel "boost" is completely different!!!!
Torque is completely different. regardless of the figures they produce, application is the difference.

Reactions: Kugaman1
you might be leaving it too late....

Ive just ordered a saloon......and dealer says there are almost no build slots left as Audi stop taking orders in preparation for the facelift.

if you want a current S3 with a big discount, you need to order pretty sharpish!!!

you might be leaving it too late....

Ive just ordered a saloon......and dealer says there are almost no build slots left as Audi stop taking orders in preparation for the facelift.

if you want a current S3 with a big discount, you need to order pretty sharpish!!!

he has mentioned that he has looked at 1-2 year old. so there could be no room to play with options if he goes down this route.

Hello,

Thinking about upgrading my Audi A3 TDI 2.0 for a new Audi S3 in Glacier white.

I was wondering from current S3 owners what you would of spec'd if you was ordering again and what you did spec but has turned out to be a waste of money!!?

What are the views on Mag ride? Does it need it?

Some Audi dealers are giving very good discounts off a new build S3 and when i look at used 1-2 year old S3's there about the same as a new build is going to be with the discount. Am i missing something?!

Cheers,

Phil

Almost fully loaded used S3's are between £30k -£36....with lower mileage ones being higher in price and have the 65 plate, interest rate on a used Audi is around 10% new one around 6/7%...best advice visit a couple of dealerships and ask them what stock models have you got...win,win...its all about being in the right place at the time....time is now...go find the right place