Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

thats a tough one, looks so good in that picture why change what ain't broke? :rockwoot:

Haha very true, I like the chrome but having seen some with the black grill it does give it a more aggressive look!

Also boredom kicking in looking at possible mods

Reactions: LewMcC
bb2091aef277e1ee9e0e0324f6af4dcd.jpg

Black pack wasn't out when i ordered but i think ill go for this if it fits the facelift! But atm im waiting to see about the new RS3 grill

I like how the chrome breaks up the Daytona grey

Ill probs go for a shortened plate or maybe get a vinyl plate to go on the body work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I want an RS grill, but need a FL one with the ACC cut out aswell... not around yet from what I've seen.

There are a lot of things I like about the FL such as the new front bumper and virtual cockpit, however I was in the local Audi showroom last week and noticed the S3 lettering on the seats, sills and steering wheel now only say S. How cheap can Audi get, the steering wheel on my pre facelift S3 is also much better, this isn't even restricted to the S3 I also seen these cheap shortcuts on a brand new S5...this is a £50k car

Come on Audi, cheating the S brand cars like this is not on.

Reactions: AL_B, Steelster and Mark_86
There are a lot of things I like about the FL such as the new front bumper and virtual cockpit, however I was in the local Audi showroom last week and noticed the S3 lettering on the seats, sills and steering wheel now only say S. How cheap can Audi get, the steering wheel on my pre facelift S3 is also much better, this isn't even restricted to the S3 I also seen these cheap shortcuts on a brand new S5...this is a £50k car

Come on Audi, cheating the S brand cars like this is not on.

Agree on the S lettering but love the new steering wheel I think it's class.

Much prefer my steering wheel, smaller diameter and much chunkier.

Reactions: Pook and Rob2k68
Much prefer my steering wheel, smaller diameter and much chunkier.

It was only made slimmer to accommodate the virtual cockpit the perforated leather parts on the wheel disguise the thiner wheel nicely, but l agree with you on the removal of the model designation across the whole S3/4/5 range, you need to buy a Rs3 to get the full designation on the seats lol

Reactions: Chris4410, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Granted it takes away from the "thrill" of driving an s3/4/5 making it feel more like an S line or m sport car but i guess they had to cut costs for the standard interior and exterior LEDs....

Reactions: Rob2k68
Maybe you can get some gel overlays... ? Anyone looked into that? Not for the seats obviously lol

Yeah, I want an RS grill, but need a FL one with the ACC cut out aswell... not around yet from what I've seen.
Stick with your S3 grille mate ACC = no quattro badge at the bottom and l think you'll struggle to get one ie a replica one that will accommodate the ACC sensor plus a OEM RS3 grille is deeper than S3's so that won't fit

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Stick with your S3 grille mate ACC = no quattro badge at the bottom and l think you'll struggle to get one ie a replica one that will accommodate the ACC sensor plus a OEM RS3 grille is deeper than S3's so that won't fit

Booo! My best laid plans... :( Thanks for shattering my dreams @jassyo06 lol

Reactions: Joe4842, TDI-line, Rob2k68 and 2 others

Got a quick video of the resonator delete, appologies for no before and after, the resonator delete was done straight after picking it up.

100 miles or so on the clock, so the exhaust should keep getting better over the next few thousand miles.

Leave a like if you could and let me know of any other videos.

That's the best sounding res delete I've heard.

Got a quick video of the resonator delete, appologies for no before and after, the resonator delete was done straight after picking it up.

100 miles or so on the clock, so the exhaust should keep getting better over the next few thousand miles.

How are you getting those pops on the overun? I'm 2k in and mines not doing that... is the res delete that effective? Are you just lifting off?

How are you getting those pops on the overun? I'm 2k in and mines not doing that... is the res delete that effective? Are you just lifting off?

Just lifting off mate, you get some loud ones every now and then, i'm going to be making some more videos about it and other things too.

Got a creaky driver side door at the moment so need to see what's causing that!

I've now done 200 miles, i notice the pops don't happen when its cold but when its reached temp, that might be normal..

I'm going to stick a go pro on the back hopefully this weekend and do some rolling shots.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Mark_86 and Rob2k68

Make sure you're in dynamic/sport or manual mode too!

Just lifting off mate, you get some loud ones every now and then, i'm going to be making some more videos about it and other things too.

Got a creaky driver side door at the moment so need to see what's causing that!

I've now done 200 miles, i notice the pops don't happen when its cold but when its reached temp, that might be normal..

I'm going to stick a go pro on the back hopefully this weekend and do some rolling shots.

Yeah it only pops when warm, I've noticed it cracks like crazy when you downshift around 3k revs when in S mode.

And you're only on 200 miles?! Damn you're in for a treat when that exhaust is run in a bit more :smirk:

Yeah it only pops when warm, I've noticed it cracks like crazy when you downshift around 3k revs when in S mode.

And you're only on 200 miles?! Damn you're in for a treat when that exhaust is run in a bit more :smirk:

I can't wait for it! The loudest pops i get are in 2nd gear around 3k-4k. Really happy about it tbh, love pops and bangs always add a bit more excitement to the drive!

I can't wait for it! The loudest pops i get are in 2nd gear around 3k-4k. Really happy about it tbh, love pops and bangs always add a bit more excitement to the drive!

Couldn't agree more, add a jb4 it should pop and bag even more!

Also do you find the tips getting dirty more often? I'm not sure if it's because of the res delete or how I've been driving since it's been done lol, but it sure is a pain to keep clean.

I think popping only really happens over 90 degrees!

Put it into dynamic mode gearbox into sport then knock it to manual leave it in 2nd and everytime you edge off the throttle plus down shifting coming to junctions

Does anyone else know why you cant see the oil temp when on the digital speedo? It does me head in having to sit and look at the lap timer just another reason to get a p3 gauge

Couldn't agree more, add a jb4 it should pop and bag even more!

Also do you find the tips getting dirty more often? I'm not sure if it's because of the res delete or how I've been driving since it's been done lol, but it sure is a pain to keep clean.

Mine are clean atm but i'm assuming they'll get dirty shortly, have you got a JB4 on yours? Been thinking off getting one.

I know this isn't an S3 but all this talk about crackles and pops made me want to get in on it and as I haven't got the S3 yet, the closest I've got are these 2 vids of the RS6 Performance I had in Germany.

Enjoy

Reactions: christoph7r, pastey, BarryG79 and 3 others
I think popping only really happens over 90 degrees!

Put it into dynamic mode gearbox into sport then knock it to manual leave it in 2nd and everytime you edge off the throttle plus down shifting coming to junctions

Does anyone else know why you cant see the oil temp when on the digital speedo? It does me head in having to sit and look at the lap timer just another reason to get a p3 gauge

Yeah it sucks Audi put this in a separate menu, not a problem if you have vc apparently.

Mine are clean atm but i'm assuming they'll get dirty shortly, have you got a JB4 on yours? Been thinking off getting one.

I'm thinking of it also, have seen one with jb1 and that was popping to no end. I'm wanting to sort the suspension out for now

Yeah it sucks Audi put this in a separate menu, not a problem if you have vc apparently.

I'm thinking of it also, have seen one with jb1 and that was popping to no end. I'm wanting to sort the suspension out for now

May look at getting one after i've run it in!

I know this isn't an S3 but all this talk about crackles and pops made me want to get in on it and as I haven't got the S3 yet, the closest I've got are these 2 vids of the RS6 Performance I had in Germany.

Enjoy

That must have been a joy to drive! RS6 performance is the perfect daily

That must have been a joy to drive! RS6 performance is the perfect daily

To sum it up in one word - awesome! There is no way a car that size should be able to accelerate the way it does, had no restrictions on use other than I had to return it with a full tank. That meant a nice 170mph run on the Autobahn which was effortless!

Reactions: S37S and Rob2k68
May look at getting one after i've run it in!

My main concern is the warranty, never had a remap or tuning box on previous cars so it's all completely new to me

Ok well outside fully cleaned today so some better pics for you all.
5a2e9895e0692fb79d2c3d1962e486db.jpg
b87bc8c4b8fab84989ec49d69328fa43.jpg
ea942aea1915a49e1753d80d19ea102f.jpg
85d8f3acdaf61728fa6068f0a540f6ba.jpg
e7405be9995d4e2b1f4e7e55bf4b2dd6.jpg
4555c0ea7e7f71fec717908b0eb18105.jpg
e017c907ff0298583badb3f9de647585.jpg
209bef2c2369dde746bdc9f8012fda48.jpg
6a7743aa6eeafa5d3aa5a27011414d4b.jpg
2cad7db2c3a560f9f9da78470b4c37c1.jpg

Where is your stop/start button?

Isn't that only with the advanced key option?

Ok, that may well be it.. I've just not seen one without it. Here in Aus, all of them come as standard..

Interesting to see the varied configurations across countries..

Ok, that may well be it.. I've just not seen one without it. Here in Aus, all of them come as standard..

Interesting to see the varied configurations across countries..

Yer, i don't have advanced key so no start/stop button for me i'm afraid. One of the few options it doesn't have.

My main concern is the warranty, never had a remap or tuning box on previous cars so it's all completely new to me

Yeh, it's always a gamble, tuning boxes are safer when it comes to warranty's but they're all taking a risk!

Reactions: S37S
For @jassyo06 and @Bristle Hound ......I could post a pic of the"White Thing" but the wrath of god will descend on me with a banishment to the VWvortex forum.
So I am waiting for FL pics or I might suffer withdrawal symptoms and inadvertently post a VW GLI pic

Reactions: Joe4842, Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and 2 others

That sounds good for just res delete, are the pops and crackles new on the Facelift model only? Im curious if we got that here in North America?.. Is it related to the actual catback or engine tuning causing a rich overrun?