Post your dirty pics!!!!!

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, far to many clean cars and not enough banter.....so here's a thread to post your dirty car pics.

Just cleaned mine so I can't give you starter but you can use this as a comparison

Reactions: sjbarneS3, DH81 and Rob2k68
Taken at Southwaite services on the M6 in December 2014, whilst driving from Glasgow to Pontefract. We'd only had the car a few weeks at the time and it was spotless when we set off!

20141206_130540_zpsakjayqwq.jpg

Reactions: Daveotto
Taken at Southwaite services on the M6 in December 2014, whilst driving from Glasgow to Pontefract. We'd only had the car a few weeks at the time and it was spotless when we set off!

20141206_130540_zpsakjayqwq.jpg
You washed it since!!! I've got about 300 miles of motorway driving and car parks to negotiate next week so mine should be pretty dirty by then to add my own pic

Although I haven't a pic. yet. I have to contend with seagull sh*t every day at work....I try not to let it stay on the car long enough to even contemplate taking a pic.
Hope it never gets to this stage...
images
lol:sadlike:

Reactions: Rob2k68, CHEZ and Daveotto
Although I haven't a pic. yet. I have to contend with seagull sh*t every day at work....I try not to let it stay on the car long enough to even contemplate taking a pic.
Hope it never gets to this stage...
images
lol:sadlike:
Can you keep on topic please and only post s#### Audi pics .......

Reactions: Ignition1, Rob2k68 and pburv
Can you keep on topic please and only post s#### Audi pics .......
JEEEZ! There's no pleasing some people...
Is this good enough for you...(Moaning Minnie)
Upload 2016 1 23 17 48 18

Reactions: Ignition1, Rob2k68, Bandicoot51 and 1 other person
Here's my effort, what a great thread, I could contribute to this most days!

d672cc34dca260386180d0c9365ec366.jpg

Reactions: Ignition1, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
Apparently they were trying to spell diesel but decided to get creative...

2016-01-04%2011.40.41_zpspgppqzjn.jpg

Here's a half and half. Was cleaning it today with Waterless wash and took a comparison picture.
Waterless wash, says the man who criticised me for not going to town on it every time I clean mine! Tut tut!

Reactions: Scottyg
Can't blame you then. There's more important things in life than a clean car. I think...?
I've reduced my cleaning, probably by 75% of late. Luckily that's came with this rubbish weather. Don't know what I'm going today in the summer! Although, after my meeting on Friday a op is in the planning to hopefully fix said back issue. The waterless stuff would work great on white. :ghost:

Reactions: pburv
Aw man, mine was dirty for like 4 weeks! You could write your name anywhere! Even the alloys!

Mine is so dirty a picture is banned - it's restricted R rated !!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
How ? Can't seem to find that but would be soooo much quicker.
I just clicked 'upload an image'
Chose my iPhone album and selected a pic... It usually dicks around for ages before crashing out saying something like 'image too big for server'
I'll try it again now (prob be an off topic pic)
Upload limit is now 9.5Gb too. !!!!!

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68
I just clicked 'upload an image'
Chose my iPhone album and selected a pic... It usually dicks around for ages before crashing out saying something like 'image too big for server'
I'll try it again now (prob be an off topic pic)
Upload limit is now 9.5Gb too. !!!!!View attachment 77981

Awesome - thanks for that - was looking at the icons along with the smileys.

Making me hungry too !!

Ashamed to show it lol..........

Attachments

• s3 dirty.png
    s3 dirty.png
    441.2 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Reactions: SW14NY'S, john71482 and albu
Had a group drive out to Hartside cafe yesterday and it was a little dirty but a great drive out. Oh and proper quattro weather.

Reactions: Daveotto
I just cleaned mine on Saturday. One 20 minute motorway jaunt and it got dirty again.

I'll take a photo of my misery.

Reactions: Rob2k68
After a weekend in Shropshire. Probably not going to get back in time for a wash before dark either so may have to wait till the weekend

fc952fff63aaf66d37148116f06a256a.jpg

Reactions: SW14NY'S, sjbarneS3, rvtb101 and 2 others
I suspect the back gets dirtier on the HB or SB models - more dirt is flicked up onto the back since there is less overhang of car over the back wheels.

The saloon probably doesn't have that problem.

That's one thing I noticed since I've had my A3 SB for a while now. The back gets filthy far quicker than anywhere else.

Reactions: Rob2k68
The saloon gets pretty filthy at the back but only up to the top of the boot, so the window stays clean generally as it's protected from the worst of it. Good thing too given the lack of wiper (though I suppose that's why there isn't one!)

f539b56dcb215fbd9d80ec198bed489a.jpg

Reactions: Ignition1
Interesting - I thought it was just an SB/HB thing.

I hope you wash your fingers after opening that boot :p

I must get around to cleaning mine................................................

ImagesR9SMJ51W

Reactions: pburv, CHEZ, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Daytona Brown .....

5dO9YIU5

pWrGPDlH

Looks worse in the flesh - hope to sort it on Friday !!

Last edited:
Reactions: SW14NY'S
Drove 3 miles in rain and it's already covered it dirt.

Wax works if it's a large volume of water but salty mist from the road just sticks.