Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

I think there's still a few east end pubs with a handful of dinosaurs in them who'd disagree with your sweeping geographical assessment!!

My advice is this .....cast of the shackles of your tedious political correctness and unleash you inner caveman..........you know it's for the best ;)

I take your point though, we do sound like a rather pathetic pair of prehistoric has-beens!! lol

Sorry guys, catching up on the activity on here a bit late in the day.

If it's not too unladylike for a woman of my mature years to say ....... PMSL ........ love this forum .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, GSB, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Did someone mention Navarra...? :hi:

View attachment 106855
All that is missing is a bit more length at the back!!

I love Navarra was nervous when I ordered never having seen it but I am delighted with the colour. The number of comments I have had on the colour is amazing. Can't wait to get the 'products' on to it next week. May get it as shiny as yours.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, pburv and 2 others
*** is anyone gonna actually put any FL pic's on here tonight ... :think:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 6 others
2993b41dc380e54fb60cd18973ed6b09.png

Couldn't resist it ............. #I'llgetmycoat

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 5 others
5450 hours, 227 days, or 32 and a bit weeks, but who's counting? There's a few subtle differences between PFL and FL I've noted;

Vents on the dash no longer have jet mode, which, in total opposition to their intended function, sucks.

Sorry - just catching up. Didn't have an S3 before to compare, but I think our S3 has this feature? At least, if you pull/push the centre of the vent it moves in/out a few mm, presumably to adjust the spread of the air flow - or are you talking about something different.

Also - as nice as the Audi puddle lights are, I much prefer a light in the door handle or wing mirror which then illuminates the area before you open the door to get in.

Finally, having bought Navarre 'eyes open' as to the dark car looking dirty quickly thing, we are actually pleasantly surprised that it doesn't show the dirt as much as expected. Clearly helped by the multiple layers of wax/glaze already applied.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
Sorry - just catching up. Didn't have an S3 before to compare, but I think our S3 has this feature? At least, if you pull/push the centre of the vent it moves in/out a few mm, presumably to adjust the spread of the air flow - or are you talking about something different.

Also - as nice as the Audi puddle lights are, I much prefer a light in the door handle or wing mirror which then illuminates the area before you open the door to get in.

Finally, having bought Navarre 'eyes open' as to the dark car looking dirty quickly thing, we are actually pleasantly surprised that it doesn't show the dirt as much as expected. Clearly helped by the multiple layers of wax/glaze already applied.

It seems some early facelift cars received the older design vent from the pre facelift. The newer facelift vents have a fixed centre knob, and don't have the airflow adjustment feature. This is disappointing, but I imagine I'll live.

Like you, I bought Navarra without ever seeing it in the flesh, and it's a risk that's paid off. Because of the dark colour though I did get the paint polished and ceramic coated which does wonders for its ability to shrug off dirt and road grime.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Falmouthboy and 5 others
It seems some early facelift cars received the older design vent from the pre facelift. The newer facelift vents have a fixed centre knob, and don't have the airflow adjustment feature. This is disappointing, but I imagine I'll live.

Like you, I bought Navarra without ever seeing it in the flesh, and it's a risk that's paid off. Because of the dark colour though I did get the paint polished and ceramic coated which does wonders for its ability to shrug off dirt and road grime.
You could just swap the vents for these?....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-D...0b3b423&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=162195770419

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others

Good to hear as I picked it without seeing it close up but it looked a stunning colour in pics.
Pics from recent deliveries on here have done nothing to suggest I've made the wrong decision - just the opposite!
:nogarors4::yahoo:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 4 others
I could... I guess...

Not sure if have the requisite level of '*****' though. ;-)

Banter Magician Grant....l think there's a bit of Scots in ya that ye dont know aboot...lol...either that yer just a arrogant Cockney son of....a......lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, GSB and 1 other person
Banter Magician Grant....l think there's a bit of Scots in ya that ye dont know aboot...lol...either that yer just a arrogant Cockney son of....a......lol
Gun?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Cockney son of a bawbag. .......of course that well known term of phrase. What took us so long??!! :whistle2:

Then again we all know Jassy has his own unique dialect lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Gordo77
Cockley son oF a bawbag. .......of course that well known term of phrase. What took us so long??!! :whistle2:

Ye Crack me up ye do mate.....lol sharp as a tack...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Cockley son oF a bawbag. .......of course that well known term of phrase. What took us so long??!! :whistle2:

Awe...........pmsl....at that, timing is everything ...eh.....lol

............two nights on the trot and still no FL pics......................BH is gonna do his nut (again) lol

Lets see if this one lasts longer than last night's...................lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Soup, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I may not partake this evening as I am slightly (very) ill today. Must be a bug!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Cockney son of a bawbag.

Easy now... I do have some feelings you know. :blink:

Never thought to investigate my true origins Jass. I know that London & Essex feature strongly, but I don't think there can be a great deal of Scots in me.

For one thing, I lack the gene that tells an otherwise rational man that wearing a skirt is a good idea and acceptable in public, especially in a climate that offers howling wind, driving rain and the sort of temperatures that polar bears would think twice about going out in.

Add to that the instinctive recoil away from the pain induced by bagpipe music and the ability to sustain a suntan, and I dont think there's any doubt that that the highlands didn't feature in my particular gene pool.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Gordo77 and 2 others
Easy now... I do have some feelings you know. :blink:

Never thought to investigate my true origins Jass. I know that London & Essex feature strongly, but I don't think there can be a great deal of Scots in me.

For one thing, I lack the gene that tells an otherwise rational man that wearing a skirt is a good idea and acceptable in public, especially in a climate that offers howling wind, driving rain and the sort of temperatures that polar bears would think twice about going out in.

Add to that the instinctive recoil away from the pain induced by bagpipe music and the ability to sustain a suntan, and I dont think there's any doubt that that the highlands didn't feature in my particular gene pool.

Reply....Just as expected.....lol....hey not all scots have the inability to sustain a sun tan,,,mate me Mrs has a Perma tan all year round...lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, GSB and 1 other person
Right then, just to keep @Bristle Hound from imploding, and because I'd just washed it (although naturally, it pi55ed it down within moments of finishing, the heavens opening before I'd even had time to reel up my hosepipe...)
IMG 0835

IMG 0843
IMG 0840
IMG 0841

IMG 0842

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI-line, gripross, SeoTFSI and 12 others
Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Blindin mate...in more ways than one.....lol...chrome and them Matrix Candles....anyways how you finding them candles.....are they worth £900 bangers

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 2 others
They're a damn sight better than the pre-facelift LEDs were, even on dipped beam. In matrix mode they are amazingly good. I've always struggled with driving at night, these make it much easier. Yes, they're pricey, but I think they're far greater value for money and more useful than the likes of folding mirrors, rear view cameras, or the self parking nonsense.

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 3 others
They're a damn sight better than the pre-facelift LEDs were, even on dipped beam. In matrix mode they are amazingly good. I've always struggled with driving at night, these make it much easier. Yes, they're pricey, but I think they're far greater value for money and more useful than the likes of folding mirrors, rear view cameras, or the self parking nonsense.

Love me folding wingers myself wouldn't do without them on any car,but that aside.... I need to try the matrix candles before l commit to them....as they are on the lower part of my options list

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Love me folding wingers myself wouldn't do without them on any car,but that aside.... I need to try the matrix candles before l commit to them....as they are on the lower part of my options list

I think the matrix lights are particularly good on unlit roads, or bendy country roads, but for around town and lit motorways the standard LED's are great. I reckon they are better/brighter/whiter than they were on the TT. I'm with you on them being at the lower end of the options list.

What options you thing of for the RS @jassyo06 ?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Talking of headlights. Does anyone have a problem with their LED lights not shining very far out on completely dark roads? I feel like mine dont go far enough

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Talking of headlights. Does anyone have a problem with their LED lights not shining very far out on completely dark roads? I feel like mine dont go far enough

I think on completely dark roads you probably need the full beam on...? :shrug:

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg and Simon L
No Karen's right mate Audi don't tend to make a very good job of adjusting the main beam correctly out of the factory. Been meaning to get mine done for over a year but keep forgetting about it......doh!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Cant have full beam on when cars are coming towards me on opposite side of the road

Might put mine in to see if they can do anything with them

Cant have full beam on when cars are coming towards me on opposite side of the road

Exactly right. Take you car into the dealer they'll adjust them for you. If they're anything like mine the dipped beam is absolutely cr4p on a dark road.....probably 15 to 20 feet max!

Reactions: Rob2k68
*shouldn't... you can ;)

Lol don't want to put a downer on your new car but people (professionals who ran beam tests) said that the PFL LED lights were actually worse than the PFL Xenon... So unfortunately the FL LED lights may be similar and may be outperformed by Xenon

There was a really good website with the beam pattern images but I can't think of what it was right now