No RS3 orders being taken

Saloon slated in for Aug 2017 in the USA :innocent:

TX.

The timeline for the saloon of Aug 17 would make more sense if the re-release of the RS3 were next year. With no news on the RS3 forthcoming I do think 2017 is looking increasingly likely ... although I hope for you Guys waiting on the facelift it isn't that long as the wait is torture - but well worth it once you get these cars .... & some :yes: so you all hang in there :sunglasses:

Reactions: Radman and Jassyo06
Worst case, I'll have to cancel the RS3 and go for the TTRS. But it would cost a pretty penny more unfortunately.

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Agreed, it'll be £10k like for like more than an RS3.

Worst case, I'll have to cancel the RS3 and go for the TTRS. But it would cost a pretty penny more unfortunately.

Girls car. Wait for the RS4 pal. 8 months in on my RS3, but that's what's coming next. Going to be a beast!

Interesting dichotomy the TTRS. Girl's car with a bloke's engine.
I'd love a go of the TTRS. Sure it's awesome. But it's still a girls car... (sorry girls). My mate has got a TT. Endless stick!

The RS4 is going to be £60k tho. It never ends!

Interesting dichotomy the TTRS. Girl's car with a bloke's engine.
For all the RS3 facelift dreamers. Save yourself the disappointment of waiting for something that's not going to materialise this next year. Get your name down on the RS4.

Girls car? Since when is something that does 0-62 in 3.7 secs a girls car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso and AudiNutta
Girls car? Since when is something that does 0-62 in 3.7 secs a girls car?

Its not about power, I mean looks. Like I say, my mate has got one. Gets endless stick!

Reactions: Radman
Its not about power, I mean looks. Like I say, my mate has got one. Gets endless stick!

Used to have a tuned mk2, had a few people make comments. But left very surprised once they went out in it. Brilliant car that surprised alot of people

Reactions: jimojameso
Used to have a tuned mk2, had a few people make comments. But left very surprised once they went out in it. Brilliant car that surprised alot of people

Yeah man. I'd love to have a go. But committing so much money, I'd rather wait for the RS4.

Yeah man. I'd love to have a go. But committing so much money, I'd rather wait for the RS4.

At least the new 'forthcoming' RS4 has been seen out testing (check out the link below) so there is proof of its existence, and there is some visibility of when it will be available. Sadly, you cant say the same for the expected revised RS3. The US will likely get a saloon (sedan) version with all the new bits sometime in mid-2017 so maybe something may appear in the UK just before then.

In the meantime, go get a current model RS3, it's a fantastic car. I took mine down to the Goodwood full throttle meeting today and the drive down through all the country back roads was just sublime .

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/rs4/92266/scorching-new-audi-rs4-avant-spied-set-to-get-v6-turbo

At least the new 'forthcoming' RS4 has been seen out testing (check out the link below) so there is proof of its existence, and there is some visibility of when it will be available. Sadly, you cant say the same for the expected revised RS3. The US will likely get a saloon (sedan) version with all the new bits sometime in mid-2017 so maybe something may appear in the UK just before then.

In the meantime, go get a current model RS3, it's a fantastic car. I took mine down to the Goodwood full throttle meeting today and the drive down through all the country back roads was just sublime .

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/rs4/92266/scorching-new-audi-rs4-avant-spied-set-to-get-v6-turbo
That's what I think. RS4 is coming very soon. And what a car it will be! Those waiting for the RS3 facelift are going to be waiting a LONG time lol:expressionless:

I didn't realise a crystal ball came as standard equipment when you got a Rs3........:whistle2:

Reactions: AudiNutta and D0C
I didn't realise a crystal ball came as standard equipment when you got a Rs3........:whistle2:
I just can't see one being released sometime soon. No press shots. No info or news from Audi. My guy at Audi says he knows nothing. However, the RS4 has been spotted on test. 4 series recently released. Don't need no crystal ball to add that one up!

Reactions: Terminator x
I just can't see one being released sometime soon. No press shots. No info or news from Audi. My guy at Audi says he knows nothing. However, the RS4 has been spotted on test. 4 series recently released. Don't need no crystal ball to add that one up!

You know jack just like everyone else does including myself....S5 literally came out of the blue yeah spy shots etc etc TTRS.... Was anticipated spy shots etc now members mention the RS4 is due out.. There's a pattern evolving here and that pattern is, all the above mentioned cars are new models,the RS3 is just a Product lmproved car...nowt else,it may not even get the new 400 Ps engine.Now l can understand owners of the existing car not wanting or hoping the facelift/product improved car doesn't arrive soon l would feel the same but Audi ain't going to close the doors on this car til this time next year

Have you seen this "improved" one driving around yet though Jassy?

TX.

Edit - they are still building the "old" model afaik eg the run out orders.

2nd edit - you're wrong about existing owners being peeved, the world moves on and no one will die when the next version comes out. There is so much hysteria and bullsh*t on here though about a car that no one has any clue about ...

Reactions: RYes3, Radman and Beebee-one
Have you seen this "improved" one driving around yet though Jassy?

TX.

Edit - they are still building the "old" model afaik eg the run out orders.

2nd edit - you're wrong about existing owners being peeved, the world moves on and no one will die when the next version comes out. There is so much hysteria and bullsh*t on here though about a car that no one has any clue about ...

1.No to your first statement

2.They are building the last orders the old car

3.Product lmproved car...if it begins is around 4 weeks after the old car stops Fact.
4.Yes l totally agree

3. You must be kidding?! Go look at the facelift A3 thread, Audi can't even get an already announced "improved" product out the door! Some people won't even get one this year if they want the major improved items such as the screen and rear lights ...

TX.

Reactions: RYes3 and ComputerControlled
You know jack just like everyone else does including myself....S5 literally came out of the blue yeah spy shots etc etc TTRS.... Was anticipated spy shots etc now members mention the RS4 is due out.. There's a pattern evolving here and that pattern is, all the above mentioned cars are new models,the RS3 is just a Product lmproved car...nowt else,it may not even get the new 400 Ps engine.Now l can understand owners of the existing car not wanting or hoping the facelift/product improved car doesn't arrive soon l would feel the same but Audi ain't going to close the doors on this car til this time next year

My crystal ball says Jassy is day-dreaming!
Bet you won't see a facelift till this time next year - if it comes at all.
No-one knows?
And I don't think existing owners are peeved at all. I'm certainly not. I'll be in my RS4 when it finally comes.

My crystal ball says Jassy is day-dreaming!
Bet you won't see a facelift till this time next year - if it comes at all.
No-one knows?
And I don't think existing owners are peeved at all. I'm certainly not. I'll be in my RS4 when it finally comes.

Charge on mate

Charge on mate
Sorry if I upset you Jassy.
My point is, that - like most things in life - there is no point in hanging around for something that might never happen!
Get your name down on an RS4.

Sorry if I upset you Jassy.
My point is, that - like most things in life - there is no point in hanging around for something that might never happen!
Get your name down on an RS4.

Am not upset in the slightest mate more of frustrated with Audi themselves RS4 ain't my type of car too large too expensive to run as a daily driver,maybe have a look at the new S5 if the Audi don't deliver.would never do another S3 that's for sure gash car

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
My son is visiting/working Necksarlum for 3 days this week,if there's anything to find out about the facelift RS3 then he will know.

Reactions: Cobstar and Snake Pliskin
My son is visiting/working Necksarlum for 3 days this week,if there's anything to find out about the facelift RS3 then he will know.

Fingers crossed for some positive news mate .... we need to sort you a new car :yes:

I have everything crossed!

Reactions: Tom_L and Jassyo06
Changing the subject on a lighter note...
I'm going for a drive.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
... with the windows down !!! :sunglasses:
To be fair, although the B&O speakers were specced already on the car, if I was buying again I just wouldn't bother.

The noise is just so addictive, through tunnels, car parks. And that dynamic burble sat in traffic.
Masterful. Without being tacky.

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Jassyo06 and Beebee-one
To be fair, although the B&O speakers were specced already on the car, if I was buying again I just wouldn't bother.

The noise is just so addictive, through tunnels, car parks. And that dynamic burble sat in traffic.
Yeah l wouldn't do bang&olufsen again either but a pano-roof is a must on the Rs3... You can hear that exhaust far better than with Windows down and with less drag lol

Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin
Yeah l wouldn't do bang&olufsen again either but a pano-roof is a must on the Rs3... You can hear that exhaust far better than with Windows down and with less drag lol

Precisely why I didn't spec B&O.

Went audi sound system and that is fine for the rare occasion when I do want to listen to something other than the engine / exhaust :)

Pano roof is one option I would have liked tbh, but after upgrading other bits & bobs I drew the line ... maybe next time though !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Radman
I have to say, I think this is the first car I regret not getting the roof!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
I have to say, I think this is the first car I regret not getting the roof!!

Pano roof should be part of the 'dynamic pack' lol :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Cobstar and josedebardi