No RS3 orders being taken

I have to say, I think this is the first car I regret not getting the roof!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pano-roof is a must have for me personally aesthetically and also for its intended use,l have a certain spec for a Rs3 and wouldn't budge from it one bit,l landed lucky with the spec on my S3 it was a cancelled order,it's got smaller options on it that l wouldn't have chosen myself but at that time l hadn't the choice of any other,so lessons learned

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Pano-roof is a must have for me personally aesthetically and also for its intended use,l have a certain spec for a Rs3 and wouldn't budge from it one bit,l landed lucky with the spec on my S3 it was a cancelled order,it's got smaller options on it that l wouldn't have chosen myself but at that time l hadn't the choice of any other,so lessons learned

Jassy, any news from your lad yet?!

After getting my car stolen I only have 2 options, take 36k payout for my 48k car or wait for a new one. Seems now like a new one will be here some time in the year 2112, and when it does come theres no guarentee of anything miraculous, I even had one salesman tell me the only difference will be the lights, although surely the new RS3 must be quicker than the new S3, I see this now does 60 in 4.6 or something . I'm soooooooo depressed

After getting my car stolen I only have 2 options, take 36k payout for my 48k car or wait for a new one. Seems now like a new one will be here some time in the year 2112, and when it does come theres no guarentee of anything miraculous, I even had one salesman tell me the only difference will be the lights, although surely the new RS3 must be quicker than the new S3, I see this now does 60 in 4.6 or something . I'm soooooooo depressed

Why £36k ? I would tell the insurance company to shove that offer up their ***. £36k will not put you in a like for like spec car and I would bring that up with them instead of settling for £36k

because new replacement has to be a car, if you dont take the car then the money they offer is much less. I dont know. I am reluctant to tell them to shove it up there **** as you say, because then I may never see it :)

because new replacement has to be a car, if you dont take the car then the money they offer is much less. I dont know. I am reluctant to tell them to shove it up there **** as you say, because then I may never see it :)

Has your stolen car been found ?

£36k is a joke. You are allowed to argue the case and take them to the insurance ombudsman. If you can have a like for like car (even a pre-reg or nearly new) then take that option as you could sell it on immediately for much more than they've offered.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Tricky, they say like for like, it has to be the exact spec, considering the options available that is pretty much impossible. The temptation is to wait for the new car, but because we dont even really know if that will happen, etc etc..

Have a little faith mate l am sure you'll come out on top eventually,l do appreciate how desperate you must feel at the moment,and sadly this thread does'nt inspire confidence...but as l said something will hopefully happen in the next few months relating to the rs3...chin up

Reactions: patters
Tricky, they say like for like, it has to be the exact spec, considering the options available that is pretty much impossible. The temptation is to wait for the new car, but because we dont even really know if that will happen, etc etc..

When I had my car stolen a few years ago, the insurers rang me to offer a price. It was more than I was expecting! He said they were looking on Autotrader for a 'similar spec and mileage' but not exact (that's nearly impossible) and asked if I thought that was fair. A great result. It was a reasonably pricey motor, too.

It seems that you're actually covered under the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). They are very good and usually side more towards the customer. Perhaps involve the ABI too. I'm more than happy to look into it for you. A car theft is a terrible time, you don't need this additional hassle.

Reactions: patters and Jassyo06
Here's a good read:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/blog/rights-and-wrongs-of-insurance-write-off/

Trawl through Autotrader and find a similar spec and mileage RS3. They have to offer 'market value'. Make sure you keep a log of prices of cars on sale right now. By the time it hits the Ombudsman prices might start dropping, but they should honour it from when the car was stolen. If I was a betting man, I'd say you should be fine and will come out on top.

Reactions: patters, billyali86 and Jassyo06
Which insurance company is this? Name and shame!

Yep, as doc has stated. They should offer market value. £36k will not put you in a car like your previous one

Reactions: patters
So they are saying Ingolstadt is readying for production of the FL RS3? I wonder how credible this website is.

Well it's what we all thought anyway so it looks like pics show it being tested

Well it's what we all thought anyway so it looks like pics show it being tested

which picture you referring to ? ... I could only see a photo of the current model

Audi RS3 Autovisienl  e1465558657527

Reactions: jimojameso and RGBARGEE
Agreed. I think that is just an old photo.

what I do find odd is what will the factory do that make the RS3 currently when they stop ?
is it a shared line or dedicated production line ?
switch to the TTRS perhaps ?
It does seam odd to just halt production of the RS3 completely rather than start build of the face lift.
But with jassy's lad confirming there is no firm news on when a face lift will be introduced I guess the waiting may continue for a few months.
It's not so bad wiating if you know a date when you can expect some firm news, or know a date when orders will can be placed again.
Its the no news at all which is the killer and I fully appreciate that.

Reactions: patters, Jassyo06, Radman and 1 other person
So we have the new shape seen "testing" vs the old shape ...

64fhie.jpg

2pt9umo.jpg

I'll spare the usual suspects the tears of joy ;)

TX.

Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin
So we have the new shape seen "testing" vs the old shape ...

64fhie.jpg

2pt9umo.jpg

I'll spare the usual suspects the tears of joy ;)

TX.
Nardo and then Nardo...Again...TMI....lol...Anyways l'll have one in Racing mica Blue thanks very much,whenever it comes oot the closet....lol

O eye, you can see the bottom pic is the old version.
On the FL they have painted the Audi rings black.
Thats it. It was worth the wait, looks like a new car.

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
To be fair (and I don't think this is the case), they could be testing the new 400ps engine and using the old/defunct body shell as a disguise :wink new:

Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
To be fair (and I don't think this is the case), they could be testing the new 400ps engine and using the old/defunct body shell as a disguise :wink new:

I agree I think that it's the new 400 BHP engine in the old shell 'tearsofjoy'

Reactions: Terminator x and Jassyo06
Yeah that's it .... the 400bhp engine is in that car - good shout :yes: :)

'#tearsof3500rpm' :sunglasses::tonguewink:

The 400 ps engine is still under testing for the TTRS and thats not going to make a appearance til the end of the year,if you apply logic the facelift RS3 wont be here until April/May 2 years after the original car was introduced,the face lift S3 wont hit out roads until October/November...

The 400 ps engine is still under testing for the TTRS and thats not going to make a appearance til the end of the year,if you apply logic the facelift RS3 wont be here until April/May 2 years after the original car was introduced,the face lift S3 wont hit out roads until October/November...

Plus, as usual, there appears to be delays on the face lift A3/S3 for cars with particular options - possibly matrix lights & virtual dash.

If you can mentally accept FL RS3 delivery as March 17 & say anything sooner is a bonus, that's probably the best Mind set to have for now.

Seriously mate, it will come around and the wait is worth it. Once you place an order, that makes you feel a lot better - just knowing your in the queue and it's gonna happen. Then just 'enjoy' the wait :)

Reactions: patters, Radman, RGBARGEE and 1 other person
Plus, as usual, there appears to be delays on the face lift A3/S3 for cars with particular options - possibly matrix lights & virtual dash.

If you can mentally accept FL RS3 delivery as March 17 & say anything sooner is a bonus, that's probably the best Mind set to have for now.

Seriously mate, it will come around and the wait is worth it. Once you place an order, that makes you feel a lot better - just knowing your in the queue and it's gonna happen. Then just 'enjoy' the wait :)

Yeah mate,jumping into Glasgow every 2 months does'nt help either lol,me son says it will be worth the wait,ergo gossip hearsay is irrelevant...but its worth a laugh and keeps forum threads toddling along

If only we could hear this 400hp engine ... it would be a lot quieter of course :tearsofjoy:

TX.

March 17 suits me......I just want this FL car. I'd rather take delivery this time next year in time for summer with 400 BHP
'Tearsofjoy'

March 17 suits me......I just want this FL car. I'd rather take delivery this time next year in time for summer with 400 BHP
'Tearsofjoy'

That's cool then ... time to chill, relax and enjoy the wait.

Oh and the 400bhp is just making the unofficial figures 'official' .... which is why stock cars can already beat the Merc to 62mph oh yeah :sunglasses:

'tearsofjoyenjoying400bhpalreadylol' :yum:

Reactions: WoodyRS
I've heard the 400ps engine is already putting out closer to 450ps on the test bench... :footy:

@D0C I heard more like 500hp with a v8 soundtrack. Go the facelift!

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and D0C
I've heard the 400ps engine is already putting out closer to 450ps on the test bench... :footy:

It will be some car! That will be super fast.
'Tearsofjoy'

what I do find odd is what will the factory do that make the RS3 currently when they stop ?
is it a shared line or dedicated production line ?
switch to the TTRS perhaps ?
It does seam odd to just halt production of the RS3 completely rather than start build of the face lift.
But with jassy's lad confirming there is no firm news on when a face lift will be introduced I guess the waiting may continue for a few months.
It's not so bad wiating if you know a date when you can expect some firm news, or know a date when orders will can be placed again.
Its the no news at all which is the killer and I fully appreciate that.
@Snake Pliskin
Saloon only Aug 2017 :tearsofjoy:

TX.

The saloon only RS3 FL has been rumoured for months. Am I bothered? Not a jot.. loving my current one and gets better by the day.