No RS3 orders being taken

The dealership I have my deposit down with mentioned something similar. I'm not sure I'd want that virtual cockpit though.

The virtual cockpit is nice but its not that big a deal. Got it on the wife's TT and its impressive for the first few times then you just get used to it. The standard dash is very nice anyway.
I'm quite happy with the standard LED lights so would not spec matrix either - no doubt the matrix lights will be getting on for a £grand anyway like they are the TT. The extras list is long enough as it is on these cars without adding another £2k for virtual cockpit and matrix lights imo.

Reactions: D0C
The upgraded TTRS engine is 26kg lighter, unless there are some other significant weight savings elsewhere don't expect a day and night difference in performance.

lol there is no way anyone would be able to notice a weight saving of 26kg is there - in terms of handling or performance :)
As we have said before, most cars are pumping out higher bhp and 0 to 62 times under 4.0 sec as it is.
Its almost as if Audi have kept the official figures low on purpose with the intention of relasing the new engine and then quoting the higher figures as a perceived enhancement.

S3 Configurator works on iphone app. Matrix Headlights are £895 which I think is the same as I paid for my S3 headlights so not too bad. Virtual Cockpit is listed as £450 but has to be bought in conjunction with the Tech Pack Advanced at £1395. This then makes the Virtual Cockpit down to 0. Not sure why it's listed at £450 when it can't be bought seperately.

When I spec up the new S3 to similar spec to my RS3 ( Excluding the Matrix LED's and the VC ) Our RS3's were a bargain.

Reactions: Terminator x, Radman and Snake Pliskin
S3 Configurator works on iphone app. Matrix Headlights are £895 which I think is the same as I paid for my S3 headlights so not too bad. Virtual Cockpit is listed as £450 but has to be bought in conjunction with the Tech Pack Advanced at £1395. This then makes the Virtual Cockpit down to 0. Not sure why it's listed at £450 when it can't be bought seperately.

When I spec up the new S3 to similar spec to my RS3 ( Excluding the Matrix LED's and the VC ) Our RS3's were a bargain.

is the tech pack advanced regular price £1395 anyway
or is it cheaper without the virtual cockpit pit.

26kg is a hell of a weight saving for an engine. It'll make more of a difference than you reckon. Similar to brakes and wheels with unsprung mass etc. True, it won't be night and day, but you'll notice it.

Tech pack is £995 with Tech Pack Advanced at £1395. Advanced includes VC.

On an unrelated note I just got a call from my dealer to ask if I wanted to attend an event at Knockhill on Thirsday to drive the R8 V10, RS6 and RS7 on track.
Don't mind if I do! Just need to sort time off work.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
26kg is a hell of a weight saving for an engine. It'll make more of a difference than you reckon. Similar to brakes and wheels with unsprung mass etc. True, it won't be night and day, but you'll notice it.

Absolutely! It depends on the driver but it won't just be the engine it will be all the other stuff like D0C mentioned.
Audi will want to eliminate the understeer and learn from any other problems making the FL better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final price will be the ultimate thing with the RS3 with as and when FL.

The revised RS3 will probably have a lot more than just a bit of weight lopped off the engine. There will most likely be some other wonder stuff such as the upgraded Haldex system seen on the latest S3 for example, and of course the virtual cockpit etc etc.
Here's the strange bit for me, if these mechanical upgrades make it to the 'revised version', you would think that a test mule would have been recently spotted being spanked around the Nurburgring? Surely they would need to test that the new technology works ok on the car before releasing it? Just a thought!

Reactions: Terminator x

The above post is the reason I got mine when I did. That's a hell of a lot of money for an S3.

There's also almost 7 grand worth of options on that

The RS3 with all its standard kit was only £5k more than a S3 sportback before once you factored in s-tronic, led lights and 19" wheels alone.

You can easily add £7k of options to an S3, just as you can an RS3, hell some people have specced well over £10k on options :screamcat:

Reactions: Radman
A chap ran the marathon recently carrying more than that ;)

TX.

Reactions: D0C, Snake Pliskin, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
With all these new owners not actually wanting to walk anywhere now then they better watch what they are eating... one too many pies might induce some ghastly understeer...

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06, Beebee-one and 2 others
A chap ran the marathon recently carrying more than that ;)

TX.

Yeah ... 26kg may be a good weight saving on an engine, but overall on a car are you really gonna notice that ?
We're just driving on public roads Guys, not lapping circuits in the BTCC where weight penalties mean anything.
I just don't see how a meagre 26kg will make the slightest bit of difference overall on a car that weighs 1,520kg making it 0.02% lighter.
My car goes round corners easily enough whether its just me in the car or several passengers :)
If I wanna go round corners faster, I just engage dynamic and virtually zero body roll.
I don't see how a weight saving of 26kg will noticeably improve this ?

Reactions: Terminator x
What is interesting is that if there is a further reduction in weight, be it the 26kg that people are referring to, this means that it's going to be a wopping 96kg lighter than the FL A45 lol. That's ridiculous quite frankly. And to convert that in to stone, it's like carrying a rather beastly 15stone heffalump on board ha

Yeah ... 26kg may be a good weight saving on an engine, but overall on a car are you really gonna notice that ?
We're just driving on public roads Guys, not lapping circuits in the BTCC where weight penalties mean anything.
I just don't see how a meagre 26kg will make the slightest bit of difference overall on a car that weighs 1,520kg making it 0.02% lighter.
My car goes round corners easily enough whether its just me in the car or several passengers :)
If I wanna go round corners faster, I just engage dynamic and virtually zero body roll.
I don't see how a weight saving of 26kg will noticeably improve this ?

Absolutely, you likely wouldn't notice it on the public road, but they'll no doubt be a few other chassis tweaks.

I'll let you know when it arrives... :grimacing:

So this is the mythos i am being offered.. stunning!!
c3bab2e8bd91c261476b09cb42449290.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, jimojameso, 45bvtc and 5 others
Andy, you've procrastinated this long, so just hold fire for the FL!

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Came off transporter on Monday..

Comfort & Sound pack
High gloss black styling pack Technology pack·
19” 5 arm rotor design in black alloys<br /><br />·
Red calipers<br /><br />· Super sport seats<br /><br />· Fine nappa leather with diamond quilting<br /><br />·
High beam assist<br /><br />· Black roof rails
Privacy

Zero discount just now.. and price around 47k..will confirm this tomorrow when i get a chance to speak to salesman.
They are giving me an ok price for trade in, think about 1.5/2k more than webuyanything..

You fancy it Jassy??.. they still have the sepang also brand spanking. :)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Doc i am thinking that tbh.. that and the wife holding me back of course doesn't help. Lol

Reactions: D0C, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
So this is the mythos i am being offered.. stunning!!
c3bab2e8bd91c261476b09cb42449290.jpg
That's stunning, I was a bit apprehensive about having another black car but it does set it off.

Reactions: Radman and AndyB-S3
Came off transporter on Monday..

Comfort & Sound pack
High gloss black styling pack Technology pack·
19” 5 arm rotor design in black alloys<br /><br />·
Red calipers<br /><br />· Super sport seats<br /><br />· Fine nappa leather with diamond quilting<br /><br />·
High beam assist<br /><br />· Black roof rails
Privacy

Zero discount just now.. and price around 47k..will confirm this tomorrow when i get a chance to speak to salesman.
They are giving me an ok price for trade in, think about 1.5/2k more than webuyanything..

You fancy it Jassy??.. they still have the sepang also brand spanking. :)
Hi mate,as nice as that car is....no thanks being no black/pano-roof,plus the fact no discounts wtf.... They can jam it..tell them to give you exactly what are willing pay or just walk away, l would want £4k off that car...£47k is a lot for a Rs3 with no dynamic package,plus the fact l have no interest in having the Technology Package nor the BSP

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyB-S3
Hi mate,as nice as that car is....no thanks being no black/pano-roof,plus the fact no discounts wtf.... They can jam it..tell them to give you exactly what are willing pay or just walk away, l would want £4k off that car...£47k is a lot for a Rs3 with no dynamic package,plus the fact l have no interest in having the Technology Package nor the BSP

I totally agree, I would want at least 4-5k off the car too. Unless you are desperate and would pay the list price they want I would hold off and wait for the FL.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Its all about getting a deal YOU think is right,Audi will always make money off a car full stop.... If l could get a deal that was right for me on the existing RS3 l would take it facelift or not,but that's highly unlikely.

Reactions: Radman, Snake Pliskin and AndyB-S3
£47,664 for the mythos. Having tried discount etc on the Sepang one there will be none on this either... yet to speak to him so will see what he says today. If no movement then will walk away and mod the S3 and be happy with that on my 7mile commute each day..lol. :')

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
£47,664 for the mythos. Having tried discount etc on the Sepang one there will be none on this either... yet to speak to him so will see what he says today. If no movement then will walk away and mod the S3 and be happy with that on my 7mile commute each day..lol. :')
£2000, should be on the table mate, l have been offered that,but even at that no frickin way,it's not going to change mate, Audi ain't giving to the dealers much room to manoeuvre at this time

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AndyB-S3
I actually managed a 6% discount on my car when I ordered this time last year. It's seems there less scope for discount now ?

I actually managed a 6% discount on my car when I ordered this time last year. It's seems there less scope for discount now ?

That's because they have run out of the RS3's!!! Lol

That's because they have run out of the RS3's!!! Lol

Nope there still making them whether it be for existing customers orders,pre destined dealership stock orders,once that stops add a month for them to change over for the Pi... RS3

OMG ... it is easily possible to spec a face lift A3 S Line to over £38k !!!

This is scary stuff & not even included a pano roof ....

Your A3
S line 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic1

• Basic price
  • 29,290.00 GBP
  • Optional equipment
  • 8,285.00 GBP
  • Price 2
  • 37,575.00 GBP
  • ROTR
  • 38,390.00 GBP
Selected Features
Basic price: 29,290.00 GBP
  • 552646b2-1e56-4a6d-b382-5ad789cda31f.jpg

Exterior color options: Vegas yellow, solid
    550.00 GBP
  • 638319ab-315f-4cd8-8c5f-49a3283928eb.jpg

18", 18” ‘10-spoke’ design alloy wheels in matt titanium look, diamond cut finish with 7.5J 225/40 R18 tyres
    650.00 GBP
  • Matrix LED Exterior Lighting Pack
    895.00 GBP
  • Front Super Sport seats with S embossed logo
    650.00 GBP

• Seat cover options: Fine Nappa leather with S embossed logo, stitching: Black with rock grey stitching, dashboard: Black, carpet: Black, headlining: Black
    1,220.00 GBP
  • Technology Pack Advanced
    1,395.00 GBP
  • Privacy glass
    375.00 GBP

• 4-way electric lumbar support
    0.00 GBP

• Heated front seats
    300.00 GBP

• Extended Interior Upholstery Pack
    275.00 GBP

• Door mirrors (folding)
    200.00 GBP

• Audi Virtual Cockpit
    0.00 GBP
  • Bang & Olufsen sound system
    750.00 GBP

• Audi Phone box with wireless charging
    0.00 GBP
  • Audi Parking System Plus
    700.00 GBP

• S line sports suspension
    325.00 GBP
Equipment: 8,285.00 GBP

Total price: 37,575.00 GBP

: 38,390.00 GBP

Madness!!!!! What is this world coming to?!?!?!...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
Get it done...
Trust me mate, you will not regret it. And after speccing a FL S3 yesterday I was shocked to say the least with the end price. So god knows what FL RS3 will come out as with zero discount. Both cars will look and be fantastic but it was the savings that did it for me. I got a good discount luckily, but the current RS3 is becoming a bit scarce and dealers know that they will shift then discount or not. Just go in and speak and give them the ultimatum, aim for 6% ish. Work out that price and say to them if you'll do it for that then I'll sign today. Once they see you committed, a little trip to the business manager and hey presto. Good luck. I've been away from home for a week and I'm missing the car more than the missus , I've never felt line that before

Reactions: AudiNutta, Beebee-one, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
Looking at the revised price lists for the A3/S3 I think some of the people waiting for the illusive FL may be in for a shock when it comes to stumping up for the desirable items on the options list

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
Now if someone wanting any potential FL RS3 was sensible, they'd have got a deposit down and had it put in writing that any price increases weren't applied... ;)

Really though, even if a like for like car has a £2,000 increase in price, I don't think that's going to make or break the purchase for those that are really serious about owning one. Hell, when you've got Audinutta willing to pay £4,000 for insurance, it's small change!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
Looking at the revised price lists for the A3/S3 I think some of the people waiting for the illusive FL may be in for a shock when it comes to stumping up for the desirable items on the options list

You think, illusive is not the word l would use...more forthcoming soon,but your missing out one important factor = discount will be available and being so the RS3 will cheaper to purchase,as for people placing an order just now that's pointless and it won't get you the car quicker....the car is simply unavailable to order as of yet,as for price increases,l am sure that they will coincide with the S3's l expect around the same price as the new A45 AMG or just a little more
Plus the fact is it getting the lighter engine?