yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Yeah, fair point, sadly I will have to decide myself! To be honest, I’d prefer to wait as am excited by the black edition, but from a practical perspective having the bigger car sooner (a3 currently) would be useful and is my wife’s preference. It’s that struggle of justifying making a decision on looks alone, when all else is virtually the same - I can see nothing tangible in terms of tech between the black edition and the sport.

Good luck with the decision - might be worth showing your other half a picture of both colours and seeing which she prefers

For what its worth I bought a sport for a few reasons.
I have a Navara blue with rock grey interior , and comfort and sound packs.
Mine is a 35 tdi and its stunning .
My previous car was an A5 and I still have a V8 s4 cab we have owned since it was 18 months old .
Its a personal thing but the sport is still a fine car and inside nothing would be different.

However I would want to see the red in the flesh before chosing as I have only seen the red on a 9.5 RS4

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I have decided just to wait for the Black edition, whenever it will appear in 2021!

Reactions: Frankiejr26
I’m in a quandary - I have an a4 avant black edition 35 daytona grey on order, current build week mid December so delivery likely late January. My local dealer has offered me an in stock a4 avant sport edition 35 in tango red that I can have immediately. The pch deal is £600 better for the in stock sport (12k miles annually, 36 months, 13.5k vs 12.9k). The red sport is not exciting to look at in comparison to the grey black edition, but it would mean having the car by Christmas which (Covid allowing) will be useful. Thoughts, please!
The step down in spec from black edition to sport would not be for me.
I’ve just got mine (took a stock one) and the black edition looks really smart. I’ve never been a fan of the sport spec..
but that’s just personal preference!
You could keep hassling the dealer for cancelled orders?

The step down in spec from black edition to sport would not be for me.
I’ve just got mine (took a stock one) and the black edition looks really smart. I’ve never been a fan of the sport spec..
but that’s just personal preference!
You could keep hassling the dealer for cancelled orders?

You managed to find a stock 40 TFSI black edition?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 tfsi, which is what i had on order. I wasn’t too worried about the extra BHP.

Yeah I was close to going 35 as there were way more available as stock. With the weight of the car though I decided to stick with waiting for the 40.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you guys hearing there is still stock black edition 35TFSI around? My broker and local dealer can't seem to see any. Although I do wonder if the PCH deal we have is just too good for them to find anything comparable on price.

Are you guys hearing there is still stock black edition 35TFSI around? My broker and local dealer can't seem to see any. Although I do wonder if the PCH deal we have is just too good for them to find anything comparable on price.

When I ordered back in June there was. Now I am not so sure

Afternoon,

Brand new to the forums, so apologies for a question that has probably already been answered...

Basically, I ordered an A4 Avant Black Edition on the 4th May... I'm just getting the general fob off from the leasing vendor... we'll update again in 2 weeks, with another empty update. :blahblah1:

So, has anyone here ordered at the same kind of time and actually have a rough delivery date (or even recieved their motor?).

Many thanks,

Afternoon Searla. I ordered A4 Avant Black Edition 35 S-Tronic same week as you. Ive been in touch with my broker and dealer and its looking like a Jan Build and a Feb Delivery.

Thanks for that Rob :icon thumright:

Yep, that's what I thought... guess I've got a decision to make, as long as my wife doesn't have to head to the office anytime soon, we should be able to get by with 1 car... Totally tied into the great deal I got - haha - I would have cancelled before now if it wasn't for that...

I currently have a build date on the tracker of 18th Jan, which has moved from 8th Feb in recent weeks. Im in the same position in regards to getting a good deal and have a car that i can keep hold of until it arrives. Just hard to wait so long!

Not sure if it helps Searla but here goes:

- I ordered the car on 27th July.

- I was seeing a build date of 8th of Feb on the tracker (although for the past 5 days it is maintaining the status of ‘your car has entered the production line’, which doesn’t seem to add up)

- My broker has been in touch telling me Audi have informed them of delivery to the dealer around 30th Feb. I would hope that Audi’s comms to brokers would be pessimistic wrt to timescales and represent a worst-case backstop, so I’m hoping that date might come forward a bit

My car on order is a A4 Avant 40TFSI 204PS Black Edition S Tronic.

Hi Searla, one thought, have you used your order number to see what the tracker says? You can get your order number from your broker. The link is on page 1 of this thread.

Any idea why on the tracker it says ‘welcome to Brussels’

I didn’t think the A4 was manufactured here, only the New electric models? Isn’t it made in Ingolstadt?

I’ve ordered the A4 TFSI 40 Black Edition

It always seems to say Brussels, sometimes once production starts it switches to Ingolstadt but it is not consistent!

It always seems to say Brussels, sometimes once production starts it switches to Ingolstadt but it is not consistent!

Ahhh that makes sense, thanks

From reading it appears it’s best not to trust the tracker!

I ordered my A4 avant black edition 35 at the end of June, originally was told October delivery. Tracker has changed recently from mid jan build to mid December, so anticipating late jan delivery if nothing else changes. Broker sent me a copy of an email from Audi, saying uk Audi was negotiating for more build slots.

I ordered an A4 Avant S-Line mid-July with the same Sept/Oct delivery schedule. Still on "Status 10" with no build week yet sadly so I can't see it happening. Maybe others have already seen/shared, but I found the attached PDF on another forum - looks like "Status 20" is when it becomes possible to have a rough idea of when the car may arrive. Fingers crossed for deliveries this side of Christmas.

Attachments

• SLI.pdf
    130.8 KB · Views: 262
Not sure if this is already common knowledge or not but I found the Audi UK App is better than using the link to track the build.

As long as you’ve signed up and have a order reference, it shows the status of your Audi build.

On the website link it was showing ‘order arrived in Brussels’ for my order (despite the A4 not being built there), however on the App It shows the order being at the Ingolstadt factory

Just thought it may be useful for some who are obsessed with tracking their new car like I am

7d09f2b78d465e314db65e413c04c998.jpg

Anyone able to decipher the following interior build codes?

03030e61566b9c07dbff97c4adc55222.jpg

Build week 19 October 2020. If you copy all the json and paste it into jsonlint website it will format it to be more readable for you.

I noticed that some of the codes are listed on the configurator, if you download the pdf at the end.

Reactions: Aston88 and Frankiejr26
Build week 19 October 2020. If you copy all the json and paste it into jsonlint website it will format it to be more readable for you.

Cheers, I’ve been told 19th Oct build week so that matches up.

It’s more these codes I was looking to get translated. To check what options are showing as being included.....

"translatedOptions": ["QL5", "WB3", "WC3", "2PF", "2Z8", "4ZD", "44R", "6FJ"

Not sure if this is already common knowledge or not but I found the Audi UK App is better than using the link to track the build.

As long as you’ve signed up and have a order reference, it shows the status of your Audi build.

On the website link it was showing ‘order arrived in Brussels’ for my order (despite the A4 not being built there), however on the App It shows the order being at the Ingolstadt factory

Just thought it may be useful for some who are obsessed with tracking their new car like I am

7d09f2b78d465e314db65e413c04c998.jpg

Cheers. Looks better but doesn’t give muck more detail.
fa0fdc6d726fe47ff554d69fca0ae987.jpg

I noticed that some of the codes are listed on the configurator, if you download the pdf at the end.

didn’t even think about checking the config. All the codes show up as you said when you view the PDF config. Thanks pal

Reactions: Xsombe
It’s been in prep for over a month build isn’t until October.

So - all in all, the dates that are published are quite accurate then?

At least yours is in prep!
emoji17.png

Mine is at Status 10. Would love to see it move to Preparation. It's going to be a while.

The dealer said to me that the dates were still in flux, likely until the end of the month, but I do wonder if that was to delay me cancelling!

Hi all new to forum. Ordering an a4 35tdi be s&c in glacier white from leasing company telling me expected end of jan. ive ask for delivery to be 1st march for new plate 21 which audi has said is fine. Reading forum and seems delay seems optimistic getting it march

I mean, I ordered end of June and have an end of Jan delivery, so either I’ll get mine earlier or you’ll get yours late! Alternatively, maybe I got a massively **** deal on build slots!!

I mean, I ordered end of June and have an end of Jan delivery, so either I’ll get mine earlier or you’ll get yours late! Alternatively, maybe I got a massively **** deal on build slots!!

I ordered end of June. Order went to Audi 17 July and my build is in two weeks

Well I guess that answers my question about how good my dealer was at getting slots!!

Well I guess that answers my question about how good my dealer was at getting slots!!

I though mine was bad at getting slots and didn’t really want to wait until Oct/Nov but then I came across this forum and thread!

I though mine was bad at getting slots and didn’t really want to wait until Oct/Nov but then I came across this forum and thread!