yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I had wished I had gone for the driver assistance pack but it took the price into the premium tax bracket. So a £1500 extra would really be £3000+ interest

If I was going down that route I’d have gone further for the 45 Quattro and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at getting 35TFSI with Comfort & Sound pack, I fancied the B&O sound system and the extended interior LEDs.

Then I saw good lease deal on a 40TFSI, decided I wanted the extra power (190bhp v 150bhp) instead of the toys. My last A4 Avant was 190 TDI.

So now to get 204bhp with MY2021 is a nice little treat.

And now I’m back to 8th Feb again on the tracker :grinning:

little update - broker has been v good and since the potential delays they have managed to find an in stock 35 tfsi BE comfort and sound.
So ill hopefully be getting on of those in metallic black rather than white.
bit of a shame i wont get the extra 15ps, but as the spec change to MY2021 is limited im not too worried. think a good result rather than car less until march 2021!

That’s a good effort - didn’t sound like there were many sitting around! Same spec as you’d ordered (save for the MY2020 fact) at same price? Mine has suggested waiting a couple of weeks to see how the dates update, but obviously that’ll lessen the chances of any stock being left.

That’s a good effort - didn’t sound like there were many sitting around! Same spec as you’d ordered (save for the MY2020 fact) at same price? Mine has suggested waiting a couple of weeks to see how the dates update, but obviously that’ll lessen the chances of any stock being left.
That's it - rather than a white BE 35 tfsi comfort and sound, itll be a black one. Though think it may have the rotor grey interior which I quite like the idea of having always had black interiors.
It's a shame I wont get the extra 15ps, but its not a gamble i can wait on.
The extra cost for the metallic paint was due to be paid at £20 odd pound a month but we have agreed on £5 which i can accept.
lets just hope it comes on the 4th september now! ive got the reg so should be :)

Mine is completely yo-yoing between in production and October 5th build start. And today I can’t even log in to see.

Same here, mine flip-flops between 8th Feb and ‘Your car has entered the production line’. Not sure what to do. If 8th Feb is correct then I probably won’t be getting the car until March.

Can’t be right can it? Is the backlog that big?

Mine is completely yo-yoing between in production and October 5th build start. And today I can’t even log in to see.

im getting the impression the 40tfsi's are much further on - as the audi site shows hte new power. but not yet on the 35tfsi

Hi all - new here - but I have just ordered my 1st Audi - OK - I am probably getting way ahead of myself and I am prepared for the wait. However, My order status 00 was the 19th August 2020 and order status 10 is on the 22nd August 2020, but yet my build date is set for the 16th November, 2020. I can only hope that the next steps just pass through. Just a general question, what are people's experience about timings from moving from order status 10 to order status 20?
Thanks in advance.

I received the following email today from my leasing broker:

We're pleased to advise that the AUDI factory have confirmed your order for AUDI A4.

The initial lead time information they have provided is that the car will be due to the supplying dealer around 30 Dec 2020*. We receive weekly updates from our suppliers and will make you aware of new information as it becomes available to us.

* Please note that with any factory order vehicles, lead times do vary and dates can move back and forth dependant on a number of factors e.g. parts availability, volume of order, transportation etc.

Yet, when i check the Audi tracker it still states 8th Feb.

We're pleased to advise that the AUDI factory have confirmed your order for AUDI A4.

The initial lead time information they have provided is that the car will be due to the supplying dealer around 30 Dec 2020*. We receive weekly updates from our suppliers and will make you aware of new information as it becomes available to us.

* Please note that with any factory order vehicles, lead times do vary and dates can move back and forth dependant on a number of factors e.g. parts availability, volume of order, transportation etc.

What broker have you ordered with out of interest?

When I initially ordered on the 27th July, I was told November delivery. However was told last week it may be end of December.

Emailed Audi customer service a couple of days ago with my order number and they have confirmed my build date is set for Week 44 (26th Oct). With any luck it will be delivered in the UK in November

I found a good deal on Car Leasing Made Simple so I used them this time. Previously I have used Gateway2lease twice.

I think I’ll email Audi Customer Services as well.

Reactions: Aston88
Hi all - new here - but I have just ordered my 1st Audi - OK - I am probably getting way ahead of myself and I am prepared for the wait. However, My order status 00 was the 19th August 2020 and order status 10 is on the 22nd August 2020, but yet my build date is set for the 16th November, 2020. I can only hope that the next steps just pass through. Just a general question, what are people's experience about timings from moving from order status 10 to order status 20?
Thanks in advance.
Mine took about 4 weeks

Reactions: Midmania

It does all appear to be very random!

I found a good deal on Car Leasing Made Simple so I used them this time. Previously I have used Gateway2lease twice.

I think I’ll email Audi Customer Services as well.

Mine was ordered through Car leasing made simple also and processed by Alphabet Finance.

I’d definitely email Audi direct if you have the order number, they seem to respond abit quicker and can supply all the information. They were even able to tell me what dealer the car will be delivered to

What car have you ordered? It’s my first Audi and I’ve gone for Black Edition 40 TSFI, S&C pack, Quantum. Can’t wait to get her! it’s going to be a long wait

I’ve emailed Audi Customer Services with my order number, I’ve asked the question.

I’ve gone for Black Edition Avant 40TFSI. I went with Ibis white to show off the Black Edition detailing, but I fancied Daytona. My previous S Line Avant was Mythos Black, so white also brings a bit of a change for me.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually got a 2020 build date for an a4 avant on the tracker? I don’t mean what Audi have said, I mean specifically the tracker.

I'm lost. This morning on the tracker my car is in production (again) and now it's back to a build date of 8th Feb. Flip flops daily.

Suggest that either, Audi is attempting to manage a production nightmare, or the tracker is broken.

Yet broker emailed me and said Audi informed them of 30th Dec.

Give up.

Has anyone actually got a 2020 build date for an a4 avant on the tracker? I don’t mean what Audi have said, I mean specifically the tracker.

Mine has gone back to saying 5th October 2020 for build start date.

my tracker still shows 1st Feb - I have 0 faith in Audi anymore!

This happened to me 2 years a go as well and I jumped ship and got a stock Mercedes E220d.

My change to a stock car - A4 BE 35 TFSI should be with me on Friday with any luck...

I've had an email back from Customer services confirming my car will enter production on 8th Feb. That aligns with what the tracker tells me. So I have to believe that is correct.

I had wished I had gone for the driver assistance pack but it took the price into the premium tax bracket. So a £1500 extra would really be £3000+ interest

Its rubbish. Be glad you saved your money .
I wish I had just got normal cruise.

I like mine - works a treat
I just find it really slow to get back upto speed after slowing on the motorway, people tend to nip into the gap in front of you. I end feeling like I'm hogging the outside lane and press the accelerator myself to get back upto speed quicker.

Yes it'll 'drive itself' if you set it to 60 on a country road, but again its quite slow to do its stuff. Fine if you're out for a Sunday bimble but hopeless if you want to get somewhere quickly before you die of old age.

Lane Assist is pointless, just doesn't add anything to the car imho. Can't take your hands of the wheel long enough for it to be any real use (I know it's not marketed as such , but if tesla can do it , why can't audi?). I turned it off after a week, it will never be turned back on.

Certainly isn't worth 3k!

Reactions: Frankiejr26
I'm lost. This morning on the tracker my car is in production (again) and now it's back to a build date of 8th Feb. Flip flops daily.

Suggest that either, Audi is attempting to manage a production nightmare, or the tracker is broken.

Yet broker emailed me and said Audi informed them of 30th Dec.

Give up.

My tracker says "Your car has joined the production line" when I log in on Safari, but on Firefox it says "Your A4 Avant is expected to begin construction on 1st February 2021".

According to the broker, they don't have a build week yet. I don't think the original Sept/Oct delivery seems likely anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 20.31.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 20.31.06.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 20.31.19.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 20.31.19.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 272
I have the same experience, changes between 8th Feb and 'Your Car Has Joined The Production Line'

I've accepted the fact I'll be getting it late Feb / March. Any sooner is a bonus. We can cope with one car until then, both working at home due to covid and kids have a short walk to school.

I was happy to be getting a MY2021 car, at this rate it'll be MY2022:tearsofjoy:

broker performed well and the A4 has landed! I wasnt sure on the black on black edition, but actually think it looks quite smart. Would have preferred white or Navarra Blue, but not too worried as kept original deal :)
Only a couple of short drives so far but work meetings again this week so onto the motorway and see how thirsty she is (its a 35tfsi 150ps)

Attachments

• a4 (2).jpg
    a4 (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 268
Reactions: elpeterol
broker performed well and the A4 has landed! I wasnt sure on the black on black edition, but actually think it looks quite smart. Would have preferred white or Navarra Blue, but not too worried as kept original deal :)
Only a couple of short drives so far but work meetings again this week so onto the motorway and see how thirsty she is (its a 35tfsi 150ps)

Very nice, good to hear they came through for you!

I’ve just checked and my date has changed from 5th October to 12th October for build start

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking back in the history and seems my build week has shifted a few times. Started on build week 41 (5th Oct), then moved to 43 (19th Oct) and has now actually moved to 42 (12th Oct).

So I guess overall still expecting a November Delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah mine has moved from 14th Feb to 7th Feb to now 25th Jan. Be a long old wait if these dates are correct considering that I ordered start of May.

Yeah mine has moved from 14th Feb to 7th Feb to now 25th Jan. Be a long old wait if these dates are correct considering that I ordered start of May.

Yeah I feel lucky as I ordered 30th June and they didn’t put it through until 11th July.

Good news here I think. In the tracker today, start of production has moved forward a week, from 8th to 1st Feb. This is significant as also today I have received a call and an email from the broker saying the following:

We've received an updated lead time for your AUDI A4.

The latest information is that it will be due to the supplying dealer around 28 Feb 2021*. We receive regular updates from our suppliers and will make you aware of new information as it becomes available to us.

Covid-19 Update

Due to the current pandemic, most manufacturers have closed their factories and logistics operations for at least 2 months. This has had implications on the original lead times offered on orders beyond everyone's control.

So this ties up nicely and starts to become believable, 4 weeks from production start to arriving at UK dealer.

Does this sound about right people? 4 weeks from production start to dealer?

I’m in a quandary - I have an a4 avant black edition 35 daytona grey on order, current build week mid December so delivery likely late January. My local dealer has offered me an in stock a4 avant sport edition 35 in tango red that I can have immediately. The pch deal is £600 better for the in stock sport (12k miles annually, 36 months, 13.5k vs 12.9k). The red sport is not exciting to look at in comparison to the grey black edition, but it would mean having the car by Christmas which (Covid allowing) will be useful. Thoughts, please!

I don’t think anyone can really decide for you but personally I would wait for the car and colour that I really wanted, my car was ordered incorrectly to start with and I could have had a substitute but I am really glad I waited - hope this at least helps with the decision