yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Probably a bit late now, but dealer should be able to track transports from the dock. They did for me, at least. They kept me updated over email and their updates were ahead of the order tracking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I was informed when a transporter was raised, that’s taken 9 days from being raised to arriving. It’s audi’s Tracking system that needs tweaking slightly so customers can see exact locations And times.

Let’s hope this isn’t a “we will get it ready for next Friday”

So Wednesday it’s getting delivered to my home, this will drag so much now

Reactions: mrobbie and Adrian76
...Roll on tomorrow!!

Upload 2018 6 7 18 8 15

Reactions: DohNut, psychopomp1 and samh1992
I have just phoned Audi Car Insurance to get five days free cover, I’m going to collect mine next Wednesday :footy:

Tracker jumped from Panel Shop to Quality Control overnight.

Checking the JSON (below) and it actually states it at Status 30, with VIN Number and all available, so appears QC didn't take long! I know the tracker isn't accurate, but the JSON data showing an order history with future dates in it does confuse me somewhat!!

• "orderStatus":"30",
  • "orderHistory":
      • "orderStatus":"24",
      • "statusDate":"2018-06-11T00:00:00+0100"
      • "orderStatus":"23",
      • "statusDate":"2018-06-09T00:00:00+0100"
      • "orderStatus":"22",
      • "statusDate":"2018-06-08T00:00:00+0100"
      • "orderStatus":"21",
      • "statusDate":"2018-06-07T00:00:00+0100"
      • "orderStatus":"20",
      • "statusDate":"2018-05-23T01:05:41+0100"
      • "orderStatus":"10",
      • "statusDate":"2018-05-02T01:04:43+0100"
      • "orderStatus":"00",
      • "statusDate":"2017-12-28T01:11:47+0000"

I’m gutted. Due to pick my car up( at status 40) within next couple of weeks. And I’ve broken my leg

I’m gutted. Due to pick my car up( at status 40) within next couple of weeks. And I’ve broken my leg

Major bummer, hope it's not a bad break. All the best with the recovery.

You should ignore the dealer and drag out the pickup as long as you can...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Goes to show how delayed the Audi tracker is as mine is still saying it’s at the UK port yet Audi uk confirmed it landed at the PDI centre on Thursday and I’ll be having it Wednesday

Guys - my order (TDI S-Line with a handful of options) was placed on the 1st May. Still to receive a build date - are these timescales in line with what others are experiencing? Seems a long time!

Guys - my order (TDI S-Line with a handful of options) was placed on the 1st May. Still to receive a build date - are these timescales in line with what others are experiencing? Seems a long time!

Yours may be held up in the WLTP shenanigans. May be worth calling your dealer for an update.

I got my build date within a couple of weeks, I would get in touch with your dealer. If they're not being helpful, get in touch with Audi UK who may look into this deeper.

We ordered mid March and still don’t have a build date on the tracker.

Fortunately our dealer has now swapped us into a cancelled slot and our “new” car is now in quality control but I see that our original order hasn’t moved along at all.

I think you might be in for a bit of a wait because of WLTP....

Reactions: DaveW
It can be so frustrating !
I ordered mine on 13th February - and it took mine about 2 months before it was on the tracker with an estimated build slot.

Well tonight is going to be a sleepless night as my s4 is being delivered to my house tomorrow morning.

I need to try and go to sleep early so I can just wake up and it’s there!!

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall and mrobbie
Hehe... I know the feeling. I need to wait until Friday though.

My car was ordered March 9th and the first 2 months very little happened. Then I got a build date of May 28th, in actual fact it was built around 10 days earlier than this and virtually seemed to be overnight. The the agonising wait for shipping begins!

So I’ve finally got my s4, it’s absolutely beautiful.

Can’t stop grinning

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall and Philio
Got a promotion in work today, still no build date so just added:
  • Comfort & Sound Package
  • Matrix Headlamps
  • Extended LED interior lighting
To my spec :grinning:

On tuesday mine went to status 30 and late last night it went to 39 on the ship. Marine traffic showed the Malacca Highway has been the ship working between Emden and Sheerness recently and it has already docked at Sheerness having just arrived from Emden. :sm4:

Got a promotion in work today, still no build date so just added:
  • Comfort & Sound Package
  • Matrix Headlamps
  • Extended LED interior lighting
To my spec :grinning:

Good choices - Excellent reward for a promotion!

Reactions: DaveW
On tuesday mine went to status 30 and late last night it went to 39 on the ship. Marine traffic showed the Malacca Highway has been the ship working between Emden and Sheerness recently and it has already docked at Sheerness having just arrived from Emden. :sm4:

Wow, that is quick! Some of us on the RS3 forum have had cars stuck in Emden for almost a month and still waiting to get on a boat.

The wife's Q2 arrived at Grimsby yesterday, only been out the factory for about a week :dizzy:

The wife's Q2 arrived at Grimsby yesterday, only been out the factory for about a week :dizzy:

Audi CS are telling me there are delays due to a shipping backlog at Emden yet other cars end up in the UK from Emden in a matter of days from being built. Still haven't decided if it's the usual Audi BS and are holding off for other reasons or useless port logistics. Makes no sense.

Audi CS are telling me there are delays due to a shipping backlog at Emden yet other cars end up in the UK from Emden in a matter of days from being built. Still haven't decided if it's the usual Audi BS and are holding off for other reasons or useless port logistics. Makes no sense.
Is yours expected to arrive at Grimsby, or another port?

Wow, that is quick! Some of us on the RS3 forum have had cars stuck in Emden for almost a month and still waiting to get on a boat.

Gosh I am lucky then and I do feel for others who have these delays. I do wonder if mine was expedited as I had to fight to get my order fulfilled in the exclusive colour I ordered back in February. Then Audi suspended the exclusive colours and up until about 3 weeks about it looked like I was going to have re order and suffer the WLTP delays, but I contacted the CEO of AudiSport (responsible for RS production) directly to plea for my original order to be honoured and his intervention suddenly got my original order back on track! So perhaps that gave mine a “fast pass” through the docks. Fingers crossed you get a positive update soon.

Gosh I am lucky then and I do feel for others who have these delays. I do wonder if mine was expedited as I had to fight to get my order fulfilled in the exclusive colour I ordered back in February. Then Audi suspended the exclusive colours and up until about 3 weeks about it looked like I was going to have re order and suffer the WLTP delays, but I contacted the CEO of AudiSport (responsible for RS production) directly to plea for my original order to be honoured and his intervention suddenly got my original order back on track! So perhaps that gave mine a “fast pass” through the docks. Fingers crossed you get a positive update soon.
So you're the "Ara Blue Crystal guy? Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall
:sunglasses: :oncomingcar: Yes that’s me.

NB: For anyone interested Malacca Highway is on its way back from Sheerness to Emden (due in at 8am ish) for another load of cars.

and also Makassar Highway is at Emden - it seems being loaded - with an ETA for Sheerness at 11am 16th June. My car was on Malacca Highway - but other VAG brands also go through Emden. I am unsure if these ships take a mixture of VAG brands or for simplicity of loading and unloading do they try and take just one brand at a time? Although I don’t expect there are that many Porsches so presumably they just hitch a ride when they can!

Collecting my S4 Avant tomorrow, really looking forward to the handover.

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall and DaveW
Is yours expected to arrive at Grimsby, or another port?

Grimsby for mine. Another member has been waiting over 4 weeks for delivery to Sheerness.
and also Makassar Highway is at Emden - it seems being loaded - with an ETA for Sheerness at 11am 16th June. My car was on Malacca Highway - but other VAG brands also go through Emden. I am unsure if these ships take a mixture of VAG brands or for simplicity of loading and unloading do they try and take just one brand at a time? Although I don’t expect there are that many Porsches so presumably they just hitch a ride when they can!

I have given up following the vessels. There must have been at least 10 that have delivered to Grimsby from Emden since mine hit status 38. I heard a rumour that the car parks operate a last in first out routine so you could potentially end up stuck at the back of the car park. However, with cars getting rides within as little of 2-3 days it does seem odd. The longer I wait the more I think there is an issue. Without being a pessimist my last new order with Audi suffered delays due to damage that the dealer tried to hide. If it drags on much longer and/or I discover a damage repair I will probably throw in the towel and cancel.

For those of you still waiting. The supplying dealer has just called and now believes certain cars are being held up for spot checks and probably related to the phone amplifier issue. Mine hit Emden on the 16th May and there is no indication when it will get it's ride to the UK. It doesn't help that the Audi factory is closed in prep for the MY19 changes.

"...the Audi factory is closed" - do you know any more? I have an order number for an S4 but still no news on build. With the summer closure coming next month and WLTP I'm beginning to wonder when I'll ever get it!

"...the Audi factory is closed" - do you know any more? I have an order number for an S4 but still no news on build. With the summer closure coming next month and WLTP I'm beginning to wonder when I'll ever get it!

That is what the sales agent stated verbatim but not sure if he means lock stock or selected model lines closing in prep for MY19. If you don't have a build date then it may be subject to WLTP, and if so, you will have a wait! He mentioned that sales staff have been advised to quote 9 months for S and RS models due to WLTP but this is worst case.

Ta. My current lease isn't due back till September so I'm not overly exercised about it - yet - but I will be if it's 9 months from now when I ordered in April (TBH I don't think it will be)!