you guys really sticking with a new rs3

jonnyj

Reaction score
After selling my rs3 saloon in Feb for good price after few house break ins for the keys over Christmas! Thought Id look on audi configurator to see whot audi has improved on" with the new 2019 rs3 !

was shocked to see you can only have the standard sport seats! No super sports seats ?? will make inside look really low rent that!

did not see the option for the designer pack wich I think really helps the inside look of car!

Also could not see the option pack for the Black pack! surely you cannot only have your car with aluminium trim guys??

you really still going ahead with you new audi rs3 orders ?

The Audi sport pack adds all of these items believe it maybe the starting selection you are missing

Reactions: NevMan
CWD yes mate it was just me not looking proper mate! yes the Sport edition pack adds all those items" and for around 3k " that's good amount of extras for the money! Don't know about those Old school 5 arm rotors wheels though on the saloon! think every man and his dog has had rotors!

have Audi said how long people will have to wait to get your new build

not sure if anyone has a build week yet, there's a whole thread following the subject :yes: glad im not going through that pain for a few years mines is going no where for a few years

If you and the SS Seats, you have to have a Pano roof. Bizarre

And looking at the Hatch. If you want SS Seats you have to have Pano roof and awful Saloon Alloys

Not sure why Audi are locking in specs that some people don't want.

I've mentioned it in the other thread but I don't think the saloon alloys look right on the hatch and the rotor alloys look odd on the saloon.

I think I have just got used to seeing them the other way around.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, infernox and sve170
If you and the SS Seats, you have to have a Pano roof. Bizarre

And looking at the Hatch. If you want SS Seats you have to have Pano roof and awful Saloon Alloys

Not sure why Audi are locking in specs that some people don't want.
Do you think it may be because the 8v chassis is approaching the end of its production?

Reactions: D0C
I think its all this new emissions stuff, most options have to be taken into account so to reduce the possible option by introducing 'packs' to make it easier for them ... less paperwork lol

Have they also dropped the wider front tyres as an option too ?

It looks that way currently, so you need to spec the sports edition but I’m still not convinced on options as the app gives differing options than the laptop - for me anyway

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

I still think configurator needs ironing out, as you select options that then don’t reflect. Possibly sorted in the coming weeks or months

Nope, daughter made her order a few weeks ago and the staggered set-up is still default on the Sportback.
As for the alloys I think Audi have got it totally wrong, the rotors should be standard on the Sportback, but her car is coming with the what I would call Saloon alloys?

Why the change, and agree the rotors will not suit the saloon one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, daughter made her order a few weeks ago and the staggered set-up is still default on the Sportback.
As for the alloys I think Audi have got it totally wrong, the rotors should be standard on the Sportback, but her car is coming with the what I would call Saloon alloys?

Why the change, and agree the rotors will not suit the saloon one bit.

Which means she has ordered the sport edition to get the wider front tyres. They are not the default for the stock SB or saloon

Yes, agree she has ordered the Sport Edition.

Yes, agree she has ordered the Sport Edition.

It’s the saloon I’m looking at and now more and more the sport edition so I’ll end up with the rotors. Who knows what Audi were thinking

Reactions: NevMan and sve170
It’s the saloon I’m looking at and now more and more the sport edition so I’ll end up with the rotors. Who knows what Audi were thinking

Big mistake on Audi’s part with the wheel change

I think they’ve done it just as a cheap gimmick .... it’s hardly an ‘upgrade’ putting alloys from the hatch / saloon on the other.

There should have been newly designed optional upgrade alloys

I actually really like the saloon now. Possibly more than the sportback. Practicality wise, I still like the hatch.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Phil3
I’d hazard a guess that the Audi app Configurator is correct and it’s showing that

1. You can’t spec extended leather on the stock car. It is greyed our.

2. You can’t spec tpms on the sports edition. This doesn’t show up at all.

I actually really like the saloon now. Possibly more than the sportback. Practicality wise, I still like the hatch.

Agree, really like the saloon

I like the saloon too & not sure which I’d pick if ordering again ... but there is something cool about a hot hatch

Reactions: sve170 and NevMan
Saloon now for me also, pano roof makes it look a lot better too.

Crack it open and just enjoy the soundtrack

I’ve had the back third of my roof and aerial wrapped gloss black to blend in with the pano roof too

Reactions: NevMan and TerryCTR
Saloon now for me also, pano roof makes it look a lot better too.

Must have pano to enjoy the soundtrack, even more so now that they are a bit more muted

Reactions: TerryCTR
Crack it open and just enjoy the soundtrack

I’ve had the back third of my roof and aerial wrapped gloss black to blend in with the pano roof too

Love the look of yours @Phil3, but then I am a massive nardo fan. The black wrap of back 3rd does finish it off.

Go on then, give us another pic of it

Love the look of yours @Phil3, but then I am a massive nardo fan. The black wrap of back 3rd does finish it off.

I like nardo myself with black pack but I always go back to black as there is nothing worse driving along and you see a nice blacked out car looking aggressive on the roll.

Cheers mate! haha I’ll get a couple more phone when I'm out and about next :racer:

Reactions: NevMan and sve170