Yet another S3 saloon order

S3 Turbo

Reaction score
Hi fellows!

I live in Sweden but the 8V part of our Audi forum is practically dead so thought I'd share my joys and sorrows here instead.
Also I apologize in advance for not perfect English...

Kind of hooked to the forum already,
reading the 8V section almost daily including essential discussions about mono-pur, avatars, degree of understeer, etc... :)

Anyway ordered an S3 saloon with following specifications about a month ago.
s-Tronic
Brilliant red
Maqgnetic Ride (not standard here :()
Electric drivers seat
Electric lumbar support
B&O
ACC
Bluetooth
Reverse sensor
Interior light package

Nothing more.
There are probably also a few features that are standard in Sweden but not in UK but don't know which.

I kind of like the principle that someone mentioned here about using the discount for options but not spending that much more.
(And these cars are ****** expensive to start with for an average Joe like me...)

It is way too late to change options now, but in retrospect, the option that I have hesitated most about is S-Tronic.
Probably would have been fine with a manual as well and could have used the money saved for instance for sepang, mono pur and privacy package.

But think I will be happy and now waiting for Christmas in double terms! :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, xBox and Simon L
Tidy specification there "Joe" ;)

S-Tronic, or for that matter any automatic, is now the EASIEST decision for me...... basically, I reached the point in my life, where I can't be bothered with a manual no matter how much more I'd enjoy the driving experience.

Had manual Elise's, would now buy auto, had manual Porsche's, would now buy auto, had manual TT's, ..... you get the picture :)

EASY!!

Reactions: S3 Turbo and Simon L
......not so sure about 'another S3 saloon' !! there's not that many on here ;)

Congrats..................and in my opinion Brilliant red looks superb on the saloon. S-tronic was a no-brainer for me for exactly the same reasons as xBox, won't be going manual again!!

Hope the wait goes quick for you and welcome to ASN :)

Reactions: S3 Turbo
love s3 saloon wicked car

Hi and welcome to the best Audi forum in the galaxy lol very nice you'll love it, saw my first red saloon yesterday it was looking very nice indeed, photos don't do the colour Red justice.
Jambo lol

You won,t regret STronic best thing since sliced bread..In my opinion:footy:
ps Welcome to the forum..

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I'm sure you are right about the S-tronic!

I've test driven both the S3, Golf VII R and Cupra with S-tronic/dsg and no doubt it was a whole different game compared to the old torque converter boxes.
Thinking about it, I probably wouldn't have hesitated at all if it weren't for the price.

And the bangs/pops/farts at gear changes on S3 rock! :redrs4:

Reactions: Jassyo06
+1 on the bangs/pop/farts:yahoo:

Sorry LOL

Nothing to apologise for mate, welcome to the club!!

btw, you gotta change that nickname, doesn't even fit on one line in the thread listing................ my OCD's in bits!!

From Sweden....:respekt:not much daylight over there at the moment:sadlike: cars are extortionately over priced there are they not :scared2:

Reactions: Simon L
From Sweden....:respekt:not much daylight over there at the moment:sadlike: cars are extortionately over priced there are they not :scared2:

......not being funny but pretty much everything is expensive in Sweden as far as I know!! I guess the wages are proportionately higher though?

.....tell you what J.........some pretty tasty long word spelling here for a couple of beers in............ ;)

Nothing to apologise for mate, welcome to the club!!

btw, you gotta change that nickname, doesn't even fit on one line in the thread listing................ my OCD's in bits!!

Done!

Was kinda' stuck on Top Gear terms when I registered the account and surprise moste were taken... :glee:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
......not being funny but pretty much everything is expensive in Sweden as far as I know!! I guess the wages are proportionately higher though?

.....tell you what J.........some pretty tasty long word spelling here for a couple of beers in............ ;)

ye kill me ye do...:sob: lol think yer headin For that "Danger Zone" ....Mav...Again...:sos:

Reactions: Simon L
Done!

Was kinda' stuck on Top Gear terms when I registered the account and surprise moste were taken... :glee:

Top Man.....................that's two members have changed their nics on my suggestion!! Wonder if I've got mystical powers........................might see if I can change the lottery numbers on Saturday!! lol

Before I ordered the car I compared the base price on S3, excluding VAT and negotiation, with Germany and it is actually the same.

I suspect though that the options are more expensive here but haven't compared those thoroughly.
- Wish I did, could have bought the car instead...

Right about the daylight! Completly dark when we go to work, completly dark when we go home from work this time of the year. :(

Before I ordered the car I compared the base price on S3, excluding VAT and negotiation, with Germany and it is actually the same.

I suspect though that the options are more expensive here but haven't compared those thoroughly.
- Wish I did, could have bought the car instead...

Right about the daylight! Completly dark when we go to work, completly dark when we go home from work this time of the year. :(
Same here in Scotland mate.....winter Solstice 21st of December roll on...l say...lol

:D English is not my native language and it is Friday as well... :D

The taxes are definitely proportionate!
Doubtful about the salaries.
:wink new:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Same here in Scotland mate.....winter Solstice 21st of December roll on...l say...lol

...........cold....................short days....................months til hols............................ nothing to live for............................nope, must stay out the Danger Zone!! lol

You got gorgeous women though..............not all bad :)

Yeah, think southern Sweden and Scotland is roughly at the the same latitude.
Sucks...

Long summer Days though! :)

l try to dodge tax as much as can...lol...Salaries.....that's a career terminology...me a self employed Spark/ex Male model....lol we dont talk in terms of Salaries

l try to dodge tax as much as can...lol...Salaries.....that's a career terminology...me a self employed Spark/ex Male model....lol we dont talk in terms of Salaries

Me ol man was a sparky................did a few cash in hand jobs to keep the taxman at bay...................sure you wouldn't know anything about that though J?!! lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo and Jassyo06
Me ol man was a sparky................did a few cash in hand jobs to keep the taxman at bay...................sure you wouldn't know anything about that though J?!! lol

A Don't really care....no some the time, ONE does GO BACK to PAYE....To help ones country oot....but not for long...lol

So when are you expecting to get your car S3 Turbo...lol

I was told beginning of february at first, but production has been moved back a little more than a week, so hope delivery will be a bit earlier as well. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
A Don't really care....no some the time, ONE does GO BACK to PAYE....To help ones country oot....but not for long...lol

....easy on the beers now fella....................I'm gonna need that translator if things get any worse!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and S3 Turbo
Scotch to English LOL

Yer getting a lesson in English Language from a Swede here J......................*** git yer s**t together man!! lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo and Jassyo06
Through me a Frickin Boneo...Sven & Simone....lol....what's this a inglaterra LESSSON...LOL

Hi and welcome to the best Audi forum in the galaxy lol very nice you'll love it, saw my first red saloon yesterday it was looking very nice indeed, photos don't do the colour Red justice.
Jambo lol
Yes - red saloon looks great. No need to go for that bright bluey colour and you can use the money for something useful :blahblah1:

Yes - red saloon looks great. No need to go for that bright bluey colour and you can use the money for something useful :blahblah1:

Agree, sepang looks amazing but red is really nice too!

:nogarors4::redrs4: