XXR 530 fitment

Lapapps

Reaction score
so I recently purchased some XXR 530, as I have always been a fan of these alloys before I even owned a s3. Now my problem is fitment as you can see in the pictures, I can no longer return the XXRs as some have had tyres on. I do quite like the design (I know it's personal choice many of you will hate it) but I'm wondering weather to sell the alloys and buy some others, or maybe go about making them fit. The XXR guy I have been talking to thinks they look amazing (of course he would do) said about camber and rolling arches would finish it off perfectly, but that sounds like a lot of work for a set of alloys, I'm not really after stance, I would like to track the car as it is anyway.
Anyway here are the pics, opinions and advice please.
XXR 530 18x8.75 et33 (225/40R18)

Ignore the other horrible alloys that have been sprayed black with a spray can by the old owner.

Color and design look awesome! If you lower car the poke should decrease.

I feel like I may need coils to fit them right, it's on lowering springs atm
Color and design look awesome! If you lower car the poke should decrease.

Rolling arches is the way to go.
Pretty inexpensive tool for s panel shop to own.

rolling arches dosnt destroy the look? Is it kind subtle, or no where near.
Rolling arches is the way to go.
Pretty inexpensive tool for s panel shop to own.

Also if anyone can recommend anyone that rolls arches in the southwest that would be great
Thanks

Rolling the arches should help lots. You can also use a narrower tyre, try at 215/40/18 and last resort you can get the wheel machined up to about 5mm which would increase the offset to ET38.

Rolling the arches should help lots. You can also use a narrower tyre, try at 215/40/18 and last resort you can get the wheel machined up to about 5mm which would increase the offset to ET38.
I don't want to try any smaller of a tyre, I'm worried about arch rolling because of the outcome, how expensive is machining, might be easier to just go bbs after all this

i don't know if adjustable ball joints would help, and how much.

To my knowledge rolling the arches won't change the outer look of the wheel arch. It only involves raising the inner arch profile increase the tyre clearance as opposed to arch pulling or arch flaring which also involves extending the outer skin...
Rolling should be a good call

To my knowledge rolling the arches won't change the outer look of the wheel arch. It only involves raising the inner arch profile increase the tyre clearance as opposed to arch pulling or arch flaring which also involves extending the outer skin...
Rolling should be a good call
Yeah, I spoke to arch enemy he says he dosnt like rolling 8p arches.
So maybe best to get some bbs alloys xD

Ah well there you go, I'd certainly heed the experts there...

That wheel design is one of the most copied designs in the VAG world. Multiple companies make that design in a variety of sizes and offsets. I just have to wonder what homework was done before the purchase. Instead a doing a workaround like rolling arches, why don't you get the wheels that you like in the correct offset? Also the XXR website is one of the worst sites for information. Who advertises wheel sizes and not give dimensions? Not raining on your parade...just my thoughts good or bad

Last edited:
That wheel design is one of the most copied designs in the VAG world. Multiple companies make that design in a variety of sizes and offsets. I just have to wonder what homework was done before the purchase. Instead a doing a workaround like rolling arches, why don't you get the wheels that you like in the correct offset? Not raining on your parade...just my thoughts good or bad
That's exactly what I'm going to do

Think it's time to sell up and go for a different wheel.

18x8.5 ET45 or 8J even <-- that's where I'd be aiming :)

For anyone that's interested I did change to 18x8.5 et45 0.01 3sdm

Reactions: S.