Xcarlink non mmi video interface with camera

RobbieWebs

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone installed the xcarlink video interface with the camera in their B8?
Looks a good deal at £216 quid.
Getting more miffed by the day that I have to rely on audio beeps in reverse as my parking module isn't the correct one to get the visual distance.
My car is an avant B8.5.
The link for the interface is
http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=63&cat=4

Cheers

I haven't installed but it is something that I have been looking at but not got around to doing, would the rear sensors still make a sound if the camera was working :/ also what would the phone mirroring do can you play music/watch videos etc etc

I'm sure the rear sensors would still beep.
I didn't see phone mirroring in the list for the non MMI version.

Not really needing one for the front, just the back as the wife has a passion for trying to reverse the car through walls lol

Ahh I see the mirroring now when u add to the order.
I just use an sd card for tunes

Just wondering if the interface plugs into the same bit of the stereo as my AMI does or that's that idea out the window ...

Do you know how the camera is mounted on these as I have seen some that replace one of the number plate lights, I would t want that one as it would look like there was a plate light out all the time with just the one?

My xcarlink reverse camera replaces the bootlid switch, similar to OE spec. I did not like the look of the number plate bulb versions, alltho they do have a smaller light.

DSC_0158_zpseswhgast.jpg

And no matter if the screen is on or off, it auto switches when put in reverse, and goes back to whatever if was on when done, alltho if you listening to music, the music still plays.

Dont know about ami, as mine has 3g mmi with sat nav, and my car has not got any parking sensors, which is why I went for this.

DSC_0157_zpstlxzk6f2.jpg

Reactions: RobbieWebs, Kalashnikov, SI-W85 and 1 other person
Did u fit it yourself dieseldoos?
Looks a good picture on the camera.