Wrong battery fitted ?

LIBERTINE 79

Reaction score
Hi all .... first post and apologies if it's been covered before.

I recently purchased a 2006 2.0 tdi avant , but now the new car syndrome has worn off I've noticed that the car seems to occasionally judder (like its going to stall) when pulling away on a cold start up . I never noticed this on the test drive , the battery was dead and car jump started for test drive (previous owner put a new battery on before I collected it at a later date)

I think the battery may be incorrect , as I lead to believe I need a 096 ??

And the one fitted is a brand new excide excell EB712 71Ah 670A(EN)

Is this enough to make a difference ? As I've read on another website that someone else was having similar issues and their battery was at fault.

Thanks in advance

Stu.

Hi, Your battery looks correct for 2.0 TDi.
For a diesel engine battery doesn't play any role on how the engine is running, You can even drive a diesel engine without a battery once the engine is running. If Your car jutters something else is at fault. You should start with a fault code scan and then go from there.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply , I didn't think it would be that simple ... but someone else had mentioned the battery in an older post concerning juddering.

Well this morning it didn't do on the commute to work , and the only difference was that it was about 4 degrees cooler this morning than it has been in the short time I've had the car.

I've also read on previous posts that someone had this cured after having their car mapped by Avon Tuning , I'll have a look into this and get the car scanned locally .

Thanks again.

It could be the MAF sensor at fault here (it's usually not used when Your car is tuned), You can check If Yours is faulty by unplugging the connector from sensor and driving it like that - if nothing changes for better - than it wasn't faulty.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TonyH38