work in progress

Khufu

Reaction score
98eb1a72 4ccd 457a a830 9bdd2a8e2dfe
IMG 20180530 WA0000
IMG 20180604 WA0002
A3 8v 1
a project on the go to replace my old a3. few bit still need sorting but a decently spec'd s-line. Unfortunately as is came from auction the sat nav SD card is missing (standard mmi) so im in 2 minds as to just getting new sd card or replacing with facelift system assuming the dealer side of things are going to cost the same either way?

Last edited:
Reactions: RS4B5, Audi Bairn, Shortyian and 2 others
Can I ask... Is the door just not aligned properly or has all that been pushed in?

Last edited:
Is that not going to cost a fortune to repair as there is damage to the actual frame?

the door is just sat on right now but yes, the b pillar is in a bit but we are pulling it back out on a jig and then welding new sill section in. i've friends who have repaired a lot worse helping.

View attachment 158155 View attachment 158156 View attachment 158157 View attachment 158158 a project on the go to replace my old a3. few bit still need sorting but a decently spec'd s-line. Unfortunately as is came from auction the sat nav SD card is missing (standard mmi) so im in 2 minds as to just getting new sd card or replacing with facelift system assuming the dealer side of things are going to cost the same either way?

Ooooo i like this one - i had a little project myself many moons ago - check my posts i did accident repair on mine about 3-4 year ago.

Have you sorted curtain airbags ok? Mine were blown too along with side seat side airbag.

Regarding sat nav - hold off with the dealers and try a card off ebay? Did the car originally have sat nav enabled and the sd card has simply been removed? Does the system say nav when first loading up / screen popped up? My sat nav card was removed but i got lucky off ebay. I bought a 2015 card which didn't work and as last ditch attempt i bought a 2013 card which worked and has worked ever since. 2013 is the year of my car so might be worth trying a card that matches the year of your car? Mine was about £30 - worth trying before spending £££ 200-300 quid at the dealers........ I may have just got lucky who knows but worth a try, just make sure card number starts 8VO and the version matches your car year.

Hope the rest of the repairs go well for you!

Ooooo i like this one - i had a little project myself many moons ago - check my posts i did accident repair on mine about 3-4 year ago.

Have you sorted curtain airbags ok? Mine were blown too along with side seat side airbag.

Regarding sat nav - hold off with the dealers and try a card off ebay? Did the car originally have sat nav enabled and the sd card has simply been removed? Does the system say nav when first loading up / screen popped up? My sat nav card was removed but i got lucky off ebay. I bought a 2015 card which didn't work and as last ditch attempt i bought a 2013 card which worked and has worked ever since. 2013 is the year of my car so might be worth trying a card that matches the year of your car? Mine was about £30 - worth trying before spending £££ 200-300 quid at the dealers........ I may have just got lucky who knows but worth a try, just make sure card number starts 8VO and the version matches your car year.

cheers, i will check your posts. The curtain is replaced and headlining back up, got drivers seat airbag but seat still needs stitched as woman who normally does it says she cant do the leather with her machine. Just got seatbelts back with pre tensioners repaired so all the airbags faults are cleared. the ECU didnt need cleared. when buying 2nd hand parts its clear the 3 door was never as popular as the 5 door!

Im guessing the SD card vanished in storage as it is equipped for it according to PR code and coded for it when checked with VCDS. sadly the v5c no longer has address of former owner so that option is out for checking.

No probs.

Yeah I was surprised the airbag ecu didn't need clearing fully or replacing but that must just be if main dash airbags deploy, codes just needed clearing once new airbags fitted - better for us though less hassle and cost! I struggled a little bit with sportback / 5door but mine was only a year old when I got it so not too many parts knocking about.

I noticed that on the v5c when I updated mine with change of address recently that it no longer has previous keepers address on.

Tend to find with any salvage car they take these little things as extra bit cash on the side - my spare wheel and jack etc was gone along with warning triangle first aid box etc

i got a sd card of ebay there, 2015 version and it works perfect. Saves a lot from a trip to Audi . thanks

Reactions: Kondax, Shortyian and TonkS3