Windows comfort touch stopped working....

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Hey you guys (in the voice of sloth from the Goonies)....
Im having a bit of trouble with my windows. Basically the one touch open and close om the drivers door stopped working a few weeks back. The other 3 work pefectly but mine wont work. Ive tried doing everything Ive read about on here like open and close it, hold it up for over 10 second, hold it down for over 10 seconds, I can hear the click a second or two after it reaches the top/bottom but it wont work somehow.
Then theres this, Ive always been able to open/close the windows from the remote which is handy with the weather weve been having to vent the hot air out before you get to the car. This also has stopped working?
Ive looked through VCDS and cant seem to spot anything that should or shouldnt be ticked, it all looks good, and on the other hand I havent changed anything.
The only thing Ive done in the past few months is the warning lights in the doors and the footwell lights but they were finished a good month befre my window stopped working.
I ran a scan on the car and the only thing that came up was the boot light bulb shorting or something as well as my usual RNSE errors but nothing noticeable?

Any help would be great...
Thanks
Chris

Mine have stopped also m8, although I can get them working again via the switch reset method. Also the remote has never opened/closed the windows.
I've been through VCDS ticking and unticking boxes but nothing seems to work. I did have the car booked into Audi on Thursday (even though I know they won't probably have a clue) but I had to cancel that as I can't make it.
Might have another meddle later. Do you know what you have ticked in module 46? I know yours is 5 door and mine is 3 but they will have similarities

Right had another crack at mine and I've got them working!
Firstly I reset the windows via the switches
Secondly I unchecked all but the bottom check box in byte 5 (module 46)
Thirdly I checked all the boxes in byte 6

I did check the automatic closure box in byte 5 but when the drivers window got to the top I could here the motor clicking away merrily so I unchecked it
The windows also won't run up and down with the key turned in the door lock, buy hey it's a start!

Thanks for that,Ill have another look tomorro. I also tried tuning convinience windows on and off through the DID but nothing there either.

Is the window switch reset just holding the switch down for a number of seconds?

More or less Warren. All the way down and hold for a couple of seconds then all the way back up and hold for another couple of seconds!

Well I have been out to the car today and tried again but nothing. The coding you mentioned above is spot on how mine is, in byte 5 the only thing selected is the auto close and in byte 6 everything is selected yet nothing. Its annoying how it can work one minute then not the next.
I dont want to take it to a gareage as I have the full VCDS from NHN so should be able to do it myself. Its just odd that nothing that has been changed should have stopped these features from working.

I don't have bit 6 ticked in byte 5, its bit 7 that I have ticked. The auto close won't work on mine!
****** gremlins!!

Just to update you all. I have completely fixed the problem. No all windows will open/close with one touch and also open and close from the remot key fob. It was very very technical but Ill try to write it up as best I can.
1-Open bonnet
2-Disconnect battery
3-leave for half an hour
4-reconnect battery
5-close bonnet
6-job done well apart from resetting the one touch open and close on each window.

Hope this helps you guys too.

Lol, you missed out....... "have cup of tea".

Glad to know it's fixed though, they are curious things these canbus systems!

My drivers window has been doing this all day.....garage said theres nothing wrong with it the last time it was in for that fault so lubed the mechanism. Apparently there is an update for the electric window modules that garages are not aware of. It was posted on a thread here but I dont know by whom and which Audi garage did it.