Window Tinting Recommendation

Jon B

Reaction score
Morning,

Looking at getting the rear passenger windows and boot window on my B8.5 Avant tinted. Mainly because I have two young kids and the blinds rattle and irritate the hell out of me.

Also as my car is black I think it looks pretty decent.

I’ve seen a couple of companies via google. Global tint would do the job for £174 which seems reasonable?

Anybody else have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I paid £300 all my windows to be tinted. Don’t scrape on quality. That’s in Swindon.

In that case £174 for the rear doors back pro-ratas from £300 reasonably well.

Don’t want front ones done as per the post above.

It’s only a 17% tint on the front so perfectly legal.
Probably not!

Most manufacturers tint the front windows close to maximum permitted amount as standard , so when you add extra tint they become illegal .

Fairly sure the levels of front Tints will soon be a mot item .

As for the op that’s not a bad price I pay £120 trade for an average saloon to be done

Reactions: andyay123
Current law is here. @Sippo, when you say 17%, is that the tint you've had applied, or is it the combined total of the factory tint plus what you've had applied? I have to confess, I don't know what level of tint Audi adds at the factory.

Fronts let 70% through.

For reference, I used http://autoasylumswindon.co.uk/

The bloke who runs it wouldn't let you tint anything illegal even if you wanted it.

Attachments

• DB85ABCB-7F52-4283-806C-7E13ACF41F2A.jpg
    DB85ABCB-7F52-4283-806C-7E13ACF41F2A.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: Skull666 and jdp1962
Got it done today. Very happy with the results.

Attachments

• 0CA76EF8-DAEA-4FAE-9F05-94C6804CA547.jpeg
    0CA76EF8-DAEA-4FAE-9F05-94C6804CA547.jpeg
    573.7 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Leyton388 and jdp1962
Be prepared for the possibility that a nice policeman will insist you remove the tint from the front door windows. :)

I had that exact discussion with a policeman last summer as he was unhappy with my tints. I said I would happily remove the tints once he had checked and confirmed they were illegal with his light meter............. unfortunately he didn't have one so he let me on my way and the tints are still in place! :)

Reactions: jdp1962
170 isnt unreasonable atall, is £99 for a rear hatch back and £150 for a rear saloon at the place I go and they are definitely the local go to as they are done at a high professional standard.