Window Problem - Both driver and passenger side!!!!

s.timbers

Reaction score
Hi

I have an unusual problem with my windows... firstly my Audi is a 1.6 hatchback A3 X-reg.
My problem is that the windows come down fine but when I go the close them they go all the way up apart
from the last 5mm.

This leave me with a 5mm gap at the top. I can pull them up manually and when I do they stay there and don't drop down.
When im closing the windows the motor sound changes when its closing the last 1-2cm and grinds to a halt leaving a gap.

This couldn't be something stupid like tight seal/worn seal or is it the motor?

Any help would be great.

Also on a side note can anyone recommend a good breaker, im after new (not that worn) beige suede front seats.

Cheers
Steven

Hello and Welcome to the site

Thank you for the kind welcome.

Im going to take the passenger side door apart (well do the minimum of taking apart, probs just the door card) this weekend.

I will post pictures and a solution if I find one.
If I need to order parts im hoping you guys can help and suggest the best place to get them from.

Cheers
Steven

Welcome to Audi-Sport.Net Steven. Hope you can manage to get the problem sorted. If you need parts have a look at the Site Sponsors on the main forum page. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Great! Thanks Alex, I will have that open and compare it to my door when I take it apart Saturday.
See if any of the problems match up

And thanks Sandra... if I need any parts I will try them out!

Cheers guys