Will this steering wheel fit on? 2006 A3 sportback ==> some 8p3 steering wheel?

KemiksiZ

Reaction score
Will it fit? I guess no.

Sı what do I need else in order to make it fit, except a new airbag?

Why do you suppose it won't fit ?

If you have a shield shaped airbag then it should fit ok, but you will need a steering module no 8P0 953 549 F and the appropriate wiring loom to make it work !

Hi Mike,

I think someone told me they r not compatible, the p2 & p3 ones.. Since the function buttons area is removable, I thought its a different style..

I have that one..

So with the module & loom it will be okay..

I'll pass it right now but def. gonna buy.. The seller kept the price high..

Thanks a lot man :)

you need to have a look at the 2 screws on the wheel at 3 and 9 o clock positions and make sure those match your current wheel. as you current airbag can fit into the wheel so you dont need to buy a new airbag but if the screws are not the same as you already have now then it wont work. the screws in that wheel you put a pic up of looks like it comes in at an angle... take your airbag off and see how yours are.

also i have a steering control module for sale... the F one

Ash, PM me the module price please..

If my module is BROKEN, will it solve the Air Bag light on issue?

the steering control module doesnt really control the airbag light... there is a separate module in the car that controls the airbags but it could be one of many reasons why you have the light on in the first place so get it checked out with VCDS

Ash,

Where is that seperate module? IS it a different part? And if yes, whats the part number? Coz a mechanic shop checked my wheel, by removing the airbag and tell me that your AIRBAG thing got broken. airbag roller or strip or bandage.. Smth. like that :) Could be the same part I guess..

And I still need to know about the F module price for my steering wheel :) :)