Will Mg Zt 18" Hairpin Alloy Wheels Fit My A3

Tunny

Reaction score
Hi guys I need a bit of help with choosing a set of wheels.
I have a 98 1.8t sport, I'm only planning on keeping it a few years then fingers crossed I'm going to join many others who have done the same and purchase a S3.
As such I don't fancy modding a great deal or spending to much on it unless I need to.
I looked at many different alloys and I fancy the look of these.
_57_zps91d2f781.jpg

_57_zps91d2f781.jpg

Specs:
18 x 7.5JPCD: 5X100
Offset: ET50
Centre bore: 56.1mm
Bolt Size: M12

But I'm not sure if they will fit because of the offset and bore, as I've read my A3 is
5×100. offset 35 to 45 bore 57.1
Any help would be greatly appreciated

To fit them, you'd need the centre bore opening out 1mm by a machine shop, and you'd need the bolt holes drilled out from 12-14mm

Once fitted, they'd still not look great due to the offset sadly. An et50 wheel will sit very deep inside the arches, and may even foul on the suspension.

You could overcome this with spacers, but you'd probably need 15-20mm spacers just for it to look 'normal'

So, it's possible , in theory, but would be a lot of work and expense for something that won't look great due to offset :(

Sorry dude! Keep searching.

To fit them, you'd need the centre bore opening out 1mm by a machine shop, and you'd need the bolt holes drilled out from 12-14mm

Once fitted, they'd still not look great due to the offset sadly. An et50 wheel will sit very deep inside the arches, and may even foul on the suspension.

You could overcome this with spacers, but you'd probably need 15-20mm spacers just for it to look 'normal'

So, it's possible , in theory, but would be a lot of work and expense for something that won't look great due to offset :(

Sorry dude! Keep searching.

Gerrrrrr :(
Cheers Prawn, again!!
Bit gutted but never mind, I'm just glad I asked the question as I almost purchased a set off eBay.
I kinda get the gist now how the sizes work from your explanation too.
Cheers bud

Just a quick update. Found some rims and after quite a bit of sweat, wet and dry sanding and plenty of buffering I think they look the bee's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411713200977448