will an exhaust from a 3dr fit a 5dr same 1.9tdi engine??

Use Autotrader to try and find the registration for either the 3 or 5 door car that is not yours. Then try putting both registrations into eurocar parts and it should give you the part numbers and so you can check if they are the same. Certainly on BCS exhausts there is the option to choose 3 door or sportback.

Use Autotrader to try and find the registration for either the 3 or 5 door car that is not yours. Then try putting both registrations into eurocar parts and it should give you the part numbers and so you can check if they are the same. Certainly on BCS exhausts there is the option to choose 3 door or sportback.
See the problem is its a turbo back exhaust that was fabricated from a standard exhaust that i’m getting for next to nothing and i was wondering if there is a significant difference in the length and will it burn the bumper if its too short

Yes, similar to above, my research suggests that the 3 door exhaust tips sit 80mm inboard compared to the same exhaust on a sportback so you would need the pipes extending