widest wheel width for an S3

danpayneuk

Reaction score
Hi guys

been looking at wheels for my s3 and found a set I like. Most probably not to everyones taste here but are different to what I have seen on here.

They are Rota Grid drift alloys. I would like to get some 18" x 9.5", but not sure what offset I would need. I know I would need some adapters as the pcds are different and maybe even the centre bore. Need to check that.

Are these too wide for an S3. I like the look of stretched tyres and even a little poke. They need to at least sit flush.

These wheels seem to be able to fit mk4 golfs but not sure if they would fit an s3.

Have you guys any advice on width of wheels or these actual wheels on an S3.

Pics would be great if you have seen one with them on. Can only picture it in my head at the mo. lol

Looked into these wheels myself. You will need spacers definately upfront to clear the suspension. I was gonna fit 225s for stretched tires. I'm running 9 inch up front and 10x19 rear on 215 and 225 35 tires with no problem. Et 28 front and et 25 rear. To get them fitting flush and clear the suspension I'd say you would need around et22 front and et20 rear. The rear should fit fine but the fronts may poke a little at that offset. You may be able to run the fronts at a higher offset to sit them flush but run the risk of catching the suspension. Case of trial and error if you really want them i guess. Hope that helps mate

cheers dude. Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of a lottery funded bank account, so cant really afford the trial and error approach. lol. dam those numbers never matching my winning lottery tickets.

Well at the mo from what you have said there is a chance they could fit. How come you didnt go for them in the end?

Have you a pic of your car out of interest.

Don't know to be honest mate. Was a bit worried about not gettin the front sat right i suppose. Still love em though and thought about it a lot! I can't load pics at the min but if u want to inbox me your mobile i can send a few mms pics tomorrow for you dude.

Hi,
did you ever end up buying and fitting those rota grid drift wheels?

I am thinking of putting a set on my A3.

rui

I think you would end up with poke city on an a3 to be honest mate with the offsets they come in and spacers you will need due to widths mate.

i've had 11" porsche wheels on the back of my s3 with no rubbing.. i think the et was 60 and with adapters came down to et30, tyres were stretched 255/30 pirelli

No havent got the wheels yet. Havent been able to afford it just yet. Looking at a set of rota torques, have an offset of et30 so hopefully should be ok with the pcd adaptors.

Will keep you posted if I get them