Why are the SS seats not powered?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
I don't see why an upgraded seat has a downgraded option such as automatic adjustment.

Is it because of the way the seat looks or because super cars only come with manually adjustable seats?

Don't see a reason why they've skipped the powered seats on the upgraded super sports seats.

Any ideas?

In sports cars its usually the fact that things like that add weight but I don't understand why Audi does it... (sorry not a very helpful response)... IM sure someone will be over shortly with some reasoning

Makes no sense at all.

I have the electric seats - like an idiot I assumed that by ordering keyless and electric seats, I would get memory seats - wrong!!!!

From what I can see, the seat is the same as the SS seat, just less built up in the side bolsters, and without the wings on the back.
The actual seat and frame look identical though.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone for SS seat - the quilting really makes the interior look like something special!

Reactions: drummerdimitri
Makes no sense at all.

I have the electric seats - like an idiot I assumed that by ordering keyless and electric seats, I would get memory seats - wrong!!!!

From what I can see, the seat is the same as the SS seat, just less built up in the side bolsters, and without the wings on the back.
The actual seat and frame look identical though.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone for SS seat - the quilting really makes the interior look like something special!

I understand your frustration. The memory seating option isn't much of a buzzkill for me since I will be the only person driving the car but the lack of power control on upgraded seats seems counter intuitive to me.

The SS seats are a must IMO. They looks absolutely gorgeous and that white diamond sticking on the soft black nappa leather is truly a sight to behold and takes the interior to a whole new level of luxury!

Reactions: Minion Bob!
I've ordered my S3 with the Super Sports seats, well worth sacrificing the electronic adjustment, still have electric lumbar support though. Makes it more of a special place to be, even though the regular seats are pretty damn good already.

I've ordered my S3 with the Super Sports seats, well worth sacrificing the electronic adjustment, still have electric lumbar support though. Makes it more of a special place to be, even though the regular seats are pretty damn good already.

I got them too for the same reason but then again if you find a comfortable seating position and would like to try other ones but find that the first one was the best then even the powered seats seems a little useless without seat memory to go back to the first and best position.

Don't understand it either, my dealer was quite embarrassed by it, he also not understanding why you lost the electric adjustment. After never finding a comfortable driving position in my mk6 GTI, it was a must that the next car had a seat cushion that was adjustable for pitch.

So I didn't order the SS seats for that reason, even though they at least further distinguished the car from a S-line.

Don't understand it either, my dealer was quite embarrassed by it, he also not understanding why you lost the electric adjustment. After never finding a comfortable driving position in my mk6 GTI, it was a must that the next car had a seat cushion that was adjustable for pitch.

So I didn't order the SS seats for that reason, even though they at least further distinguished the car from a S-line.
In the Price and Spec Guide for the A3/S3 the Super Sports are described as having 'manual seat adjustment. If you want the seats electrically operated then it's a £550 option in the same way as any other seats on the A3.

In the Price and Spec Guide for the A3/S3 the Super Sports are described as having 'manual seat adjustment. If you want the seats electrically operated then it's a £550 option in the same way as any other seats on the A3.

There is no option for electrically powered SS seats. It's only available as an option on the standard seats!

You can not spec electric seat adjustment if you have speced SSS. They are ONLY available as manual adjustment.

Just checked and you are right. I was looking at the electric front seats option being available on all models and did not notice this did not include the SS seats.

I suppose if you have multiple users of the car then memory seats is a good idea. But I adjusted mine when I bought it and probably only change it when its been in for a service.

There is no option for electrically powered SS seats. It's only available as an option on the standard seats!
thought I would check the Aus spec sheet again, out of interest

"S Sport front seats, with integrated head restraints, upholstered in fine Nappa leather with diamond patterned stitching (removes electric seat adjustment)"

I suppose if you have multiple users of the car then memory seats is a good idea. But I adjusted mine when I bought it and probably only change it when its been in for a service.
I have elctric seats and my front to back position tends to say the same but I do change the backrest depending if I wearing a jacket or just in shirt sleeves. To make sure I can get to the same position again if it's been in for service or my wife has driven my car, which is not very often as she has her own A1, I have a small piece of insulating tape on the seat surround which I line up with the front of the seat runner. Works a treat.

Can't see the point in electric adjustment for the seats, unless you have a memory function, which we have on our Boxster - makes it handy for me and the missis anyway. Without the memory function power seats are a waste of good option money IMO.

Can't see the point in electric adjustment for the seats, unless you have a memory function, which we have on our Boxster - makes it handy for me and the missis anyway. Without the memory function power seats are a waste of good option money IMO.
Each to his own. I have electric seats and find them very useful and well worth the extra cost. Others may prefer to spend their money on other things that I would certainly never want, but that is one of the great things about Audi - You can mix and match and get just the car you want rather than the car some marketing man has decided you want which is the case even with other VAG marques.

I find electric adjustment of the seats (even without memory) useful on a long trip - I will very often adjust the rake angle of the back throughout a longish journey, and a button is certainly easier to use than contorting your arm to reach the rotary adjuster ;)

(first world problem, though ;) )

Reactions: Blackwhite and Brasso