Who's deleted their backbox?

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking to get a set of chrome tips welded onto my 2.0 tdi backbox to get rid of the downward pipes!
should I just go for a backbox delete while I'm at it it does it make no difference?

cheers

Hi guys I'm looking to get a set of chrome tips welded onto my 2.0 tdi backbox to get rid of the downward pipes!
should I just go for a backbox delete while I'm at it it does it make no difference?

cheers

The big difference you will notice is noise.

Relying on the mid silencer alone is all very well,but at any sort of speed,it really does get intrusive.

If it's going to make a racket il keep the backbox as my mate has a fabia vrs with straight through and backbox delete and it sounds awful! Lol

If it's going to make a racket il keep the backbox as my mate has a fabia vrs with straight through and backbox delete and it sounds awful! Lol

Mate no extra noise since i had mine done. Cant really tell on the 2.0tdi. When you really plant your foot its louder but not bad at all. Id always recommend it

Does anyone know if the 170 back box fits the 140?

Just giving another option if it does, as I'm sure they come with the chrome tips.

Mate no extra noise since i had mine done. Cant really tell on the 2.0tdi. When you really plant your foot its louder but not bad at all. Id always recommend it

Can you remember what's yours cost and how big the tips are, I got them to order 75mm!

Cost me £130. Tips are 2.5 inch. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393889015551946

Just come back from my local powerflow dealer, didn't realise the back box was connected right to the front of the car, meaning if I have backbox delete the middle box will have to go too! Lol one guy said would be too loud and other guy said it won't sound much different!
Anyways they want £80 to put tips on my backbox or £160 for the whole pipe!

What to do...... Lol

The turbo acts as a silencer on a TDI so it won't have the same obnoxious drone that you'd get from doing it on a normally aspirated car.