who has a 1.8T Quattro

tj1978

MRX
Reaction score
As a new owner of a second hand 1.8T quattro I would like to hear from fellow owners...

I dont see any others on the road, unless they are de-badged or just not as popular as the FWD 1.8T

Regards

Tim

yeah, you dont see that many 1.8Ts around either, but there are very few I see of the quattros. although not a rare car to buy, seeing one driving round is a rare sight.

Thats great ! fellow owners

I wonder if any of you have fitted a twin outlet stainless steel exhaust to yours as I notice that the standard exaust is hidden from view...

Regards

Tim

Got a 1.8 T Q Sport.......is this different or were they all sports?

J

Got a 1.8 T Q Sport.......is this different or were they all sports?

J

Yeh mines a Sport too.

Thats great ! fellow owners

I wonder if any of you have fitted a twin outlet stainless steel exhaust to yours as I notice that the standard exaust is hidden from view...

Regards

Tim

I've just ordered a Milltek for mine which has the twin Jet outlets like an S3. Should be very nice.

Needs the bumper cutting for the tailpipes. Should look nice. I'll post some pics up when its done.

me too got mine about 6 months back an only seen 1 other since lol only problem so far is a problem with the clutch making gear changes jerky?? hows everyone elses clutches??

my clutch is fine matey

Chris-A3 1.8T Quat said:
Needs the bumper cutting for the tailpipes. Should look nice. I'll post some pics up when its done.

cool, nice one :sm4: does anyone sell an exhaust which doesnt need the bumper cutting? - not sure if my parking sensors get in the way, plus prefer the smooth look rear line to it tbh

drew

ive had mine only about 3 months

i think they very rare on the road. I see many more S3's and 1.8T sport than my car.

My clutch is fine, jus had to get used to it initially

but ive been having problems with the rear bushes that are connected to the control arms. Loads of squeaks. Mechanic said they could be 'seized, and its quite common'. anyone else had similar problem?

wow, nice to see the oweners on here...

Its true the 1.8T quattro is not so common on the roads....
I have mine in a Denim Blue which apparently is a pearl effect paint.... Is that metallic paint or something different ?

Regards

Tim

Yep, i got one too. I love it... Dont see many on the road although the quattro badge is so small it'll be easy to miss. (im a bit blind so maybe easier for me to miss than others...)
Remap in two weeks and counting!! Woohoo!
As for your arb bushes, My front ones went and when i replaced em, the rear ones squeeked and creaked a bit but im pretending they are fine. Easily solved by turning your radio up

not had any problems with arb bushes . . . yet. what kinda power are u gunna get from ya re-map mate???

been quoted £450 from a local person to do it at my home and been told ill have 218bhp after??

I have been quoted an increase of 45hp after remap by Chipped UK, so 225bhp but this could be higher taking mods into consideration, so with BMC Carbon Dynamics Air Filter and Cat-Back Milltek I think 230 would be a nice figure.

i got a a 50 bhp increase from chipped uk remap. My car was only running 160bhp when they done the rolling road before the remap.Now its running +210bhp. Also i think dyno readings for the quattro are not 100% accurate

the rear ones squeeked and creaked a bit but im pretending they are fine. Easily solved by turning your radio up

One of passengers side control arms has just broken!! The squeeks are creaks had gone louder over the last few days. Then the upper control arm on pasengers side actually snapped from the tyre while i was driving today. It seems as if it was wearing away over time and then just broke off
so il take care of those squeeks asap!!!

i got a a 50 bhp increase from chipped uk remap. My car was only running 160bhp when they done the rolling road before the remap.Now its running +210bhp. Also i think dyno readings for the quattro are not 100% accurate

How did you rate their service? I have emailed them a couple of times and they got back to me straight away, so, so far so good. What does the car feel like now? Much better?

he (jason) test drives after the map & RR run too see if everything running ok. Overall great service im very pleased i got it done. And the difference is just amazing. I was especially amazed at the pull in every gear, and throughout the rev range.

When really pushing the car, its amazing at how quickly it will reach high speeds because it so smooth. It has caused me to do some hard braking when approaching speed cameras. I jus didnt think i was going that fast until i look at the speedo!

I would say the map is quite aggresive, as i can feel when accelerating normally, the car feels eager to go faster if i have not got my foot to the floor

tj1978 said:

Got an S3 cat-back box on my 1.8TQS courtesy of Nicklght (godblesshim)

Took 2 mounting brackets for £12 from Audi and a Walker reducing bush to take the exhaust from 55mm to 65mm, a little spot weld and and some tin-snips / hammer action on the heat shield and it's all on beautifully.

I removed a scorpion cat-back exhaust to add this S3 item (Scorpion exhaust now for sale - any offers???) Removed as it was too loud - I'm getting old you see.....the bumper was already cut, but it only need an inch taking out of it.

Will post pictures when poss..

J

ChippedUK just mapped mine today and im very impressed, due to some error it came up as 165bhp pre remap but this was upped to 225 after the map was loaded, the car is much more aggresive and responsive now, after 2.5k the thing flies and after 4k it goes into hyperdrive lol

Quattro_Lew said:
ChippedUK just mapped mine today and im very impressed, due to some error it came up as 165bhp pre remap but this was upped to 225 after the map was loaded, the car is much more aggresive and responsive now, after 2.5k the thing flies and after 4k it goes into hyperdrive lol

MPG??????

Quattro_Lew said:

can i ask what engine cod you have? not sure what bhp figure i would get out of my 1.8tqs, its the same age as yours (pre facelift) not sure if it has ko3 or ko3s.

OK next question, Cost?

I got quoted £275 for a custom map.

can i ask what engine cod you have? not sure what bhp figure i would get out of my 1.8tqs, its the same age as yours (pre facelift) not sure if it has ko3 or ko3s.
I got told at MRC Tuning that mine has a K03 turbo not the 's' my 1.8TQS is a prefacelift like yours. Chipped UK qutoed me a 45bhp increase with a custom map on a standard car but they said this could be more with certain mods. HTH

WOW! I will get my car re-map as soon as I finish all mod!!:thrashi:

buckas said:
my clutch is fine matey

cool, nice one :sm4: does anyone sell an exhaust which doesnt need the bumper cutting? - not sure if my parking sensors get in the way, plus prefer the smooth look rear line to it tbh

drew

Get one of these trims - I did, they are designed to fit the 2 x pipes on the standard audi backbox, no need to cut the bumper it sits just underneath.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Beetle-Audi-Skoda-Seat-Leon-Exhaust-Trim-Tip_W0QQitemZ220024823354QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

get a S3 rear bumper! you will love it!

vbpgimage.php

S3 rear bumper and S3 exhaust

also interested in fitting an s3 bumper to my quattro so any help on doing so would be great thanks??

Me got a tq too and also have s3 milltek fitted, enjoy.Just got my conversion bits to fit my hybrid ko4 ,but i am skint for a while so i shall fit it later in the year. Just need some s3 injectors ,fit the turbo and get jabba to remap it.Cheers Andy