Which fitment wheels for 8L?

Samp20v

Reaction score
So my question is, can i fit wheels from the later cars, i.e the 8P etc?
Or am i limited to the earlier stuff fitted to the 8L and early TT and golfs?

I have seen many 8L with RS4 wheels, but are these all replicas?
I have aftermarket 18" wheels on my A3 at the moment and would like to change them for a set of OEM, still probably 18", any suggestions welcomed :cool:

If anyone knows the pcd's as well this would be very useful.

Thanks in advance. :beerchug:

you need wheels that are 5x100 pcd, typically of offset et25-35. standard offset of 35 generally.

You may get away with some 5x112 wheels and PCD adaptors, as I think the 5x112 stuff is all around et45-50, so with 20mm pcd adaptors they actually fit fairly well....

Thanks for the info prawn.
How many people have used that type of spacer tho, i dont really like the idea of a spacer, especially when the wheel bolts dont actually bolt through the spacer to the hub and hold everything together???

Which car are these wheels from, really like them! do you think they would fit under the normal arches of an A3 ok?

main.php

Those wheels are known as RS4 wheels, although the genuine RS4 rims are incredibly costly, very light weight, and wont be a great choice, as they're 5x112 with a low offset to fill the RS4's flared arches.

They also came as an option on the S3 and TT, and are commonly known as RSTT's, which are 5x100 and ET32 I believe, the rims are 8x18'', and will fit perfectly on an A3.

That said, they are the single most common wheel for the A3/mk4 golf, with literally HUNDREDS of replica's around. Be warned, many reps do not have the dished face like the ones in the pic above, and are infact much flatter on the face, which really doesn't look great at all!

I know what you mean about PCD adaptors, I'm not hugely keen on the idea either!

You need the RSTT versions to get the dished effect, look for the lip that goes all the way round the edges of the spokes, RS4 replicas have the lip bit that fades away half way down the spokes.