Where to buy cambelt kit?

audi1664

Audi For Sale
Reaction score
Alright guys, im after a cambelt kit for my 98 a4 2.8 v6 30v, seen a kit on ebay for £190, just curious if they can be picked up cheaper?

Thanks

i've heard bad things about contitech for my pug 406, not sure about audi. i put genuine on my a4, only pattern part i used was water pump as the audi one had plastic impellors and after market had metal which is better.

euro car parts timing belt kit made by contitech £155.00

i bought this kit for my S4

the rollers are INA, the tensioner is NTN and the belt is conti. this really is a good kit

you doing a DIY?

Wow... are the cam-belt kits REALLY that expensive for a V6? I'm glad I bought a 1.8T now!

when you end up changing the cambelt because of the stat, you really wish you bought 1.8t!

with the ecp kit you get an NTN tensioner too which sealed the deal for me

a 1.8t kit is £100 ish tho isnt it? once you pay the labour for someone else to do it, then im still better off having to buy the kit for an s4 ;)

No way... my 1.8T kit was sub £30 I'm sure of it... and I did it myself as it's relatively easy. I also did the water-pump & tensioner while I was at it.

Mine was 'local motor-factor' kit which was a Gates belt.

hmmm i bought a couple 20vt cambelt kits (for a3s and one mk4 golf) and they were a shade over £100 (from memory)

just been on the ECP site and they are just over £100. if you got a gates kit (and theyre really good, really comprehensive) for £30 then you got a bargain and half

both conti and gates sell kits with and without the damper/tensioner.

If you get one with the damper, its >£100, without it its more like 50-60.