Considering the original UK release date was the 26th of December 2003 I suppose its only a year late. Oh and they've removed the network play feature so you can't race against your mates on the internet.
You can't play against people over the internet but you can connect several ps2s together and play multiplayer that way. The new version of the ps2 (which is much smaller) has built in ethernet support which would be used for this purpose.
Can't wait for it to come out. As long as it has the S3, I'll be rushing out to buy one as soon as it is released.
Myself and my mate played PS2 online and we had no lag at all. He does have 3meg broadband though! Maybe we just got lucky with no lag. I know it does and can happen on anything. Get it all the time playing PC games online!
Oh thats good then.
I hate when things are put back.
You would think they would have wanted it out for crimbo and for when the slim PS2 came out so they could have done a package which had the console and the game.
i want it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif but i cant cos i have a xbox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
saw a demo in currys a few weeks back and the graphics look amazing! i hope u all enjoy it, im going to have to find a friend with a ps2....
Those knowledgeable chaps at my local Game store reckon the release date is 18th March /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif and offered to reserve one for me - no strings attached... ebay here I come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My mate has just called me to say he has just got his hands on a jap version of GT4, he reckons the graphics are good, but the gameplays lacking, prefers Burnout 3 basically - I shall have to pay him a visit - B@stard!
Good news guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
THE BIGGEST UPDATE OF 'EM ALL ****** 1st Feb******* GTPLANET.net EXCLUSIVE
SCEE release towards new features in PAL release of GT4. Please, if you are using this info for other sites do make a propper source validation. Thank you.
---- BEGINS -----
Some info about the Optimization of GT4 for the PAL version:
List of the 12 extra cars that have been added....
MAZDA 2005 MX-Crossport
Mitsubishi 2005 New Eclipse
Volkswagen 2004 Golf R32(winner car of SEMA show 2005 - tuning car)
AUDI 2003 Nuvolari quattro
AUDI 2003 Pikes Peak quattro
Chrysler 2005 300C
Alfa Romeo 2004 Alfa GT
Auto Union 1937 V16 Type C Streamliner
Chaparral 1967 2D
Chaparral 1970 2J
JAGUAR 1988 XJR9
Peugeot 1992 905B Evo 1 Bis LM
(notice: few new car renders attached in the end of this post)
The game is optimised for PAL because it is full speed, full screen with the high refresh rate of a PAL TV at 50hz but with the maximum number of lines and resolution that a PAL TV supports.
An NTSC screen is 240 lines so the image is lower quality. A PAL screen is 256 lines, so the cars and tracks look better.
Because the game is optimised for PAL - it is 50 frames per second and 256 lines in full PAL resolution.
It does not need a 50/60 switch because the PAL version is optimised to work in PAL.
A 50/60 switch is normally put in when the PAL version is non-optimised.
The whole physics engine and crucially the speed of the cars - is rebuilt for PAL so that all together the PAL version will be the highest quality version of the game.
Extra Features for PAL:
- 2 player split-screen VS play using own memory cards, players' own garage ()
- When making a pit-stop you can now change from A Spec to B Spec or the opposite. ()
- Jack Knife Lee remix of Kasabian "Reason is Treason" has been remixed into Dolby 5.1 and used in a recut intro movie, which still features the Opera music opening sequence.
- Icons have been added such as "next licence test" to make navigation easier
- The map of GTWorld has been modified to make European cars easier to find.
- Ability to import data from GT4: Prologue - instantly clear first two licence test catgories / GT3 import a maximum of 100,000 credits (credits changed to Euro system)
- European units of measurement for power, speed and torque (MPH, KMH, BHP, PS etc)
- Additional artwork for opening up courses and stylistic enhancements throughout
- Replays now show car name/ BHP figure/ tyre setup (amar212s' comment: I see this as a great way to find out opponent's HP in races of certain championship, just by looking the "race preview" video. Great addition.)
- European music tracks set as default , but all others from American or Japanese version of the game are available.
- Vauxhall included as seperate manufacturer with 2 dream race cars