Wheels

Nick Barnes

Reaction score
Hi there people. I could do with sum help. Iv got 19 " alloys on my a3 but they r catching the wheel arch wen people r sat in the bak. Is there sum sort of kit I can buy which will offset the wheel slightly on an angle so it misses the arch. Many thanks

Hi there people. I could do with sum help. Iv got 19 " alloys on my a3 but they r catching the wheel arch wen people r sat in the bak. Is there sum sort of kit I can buy which will offset the wheel slightly on an angle so it misses the arch. Many thanks

Can you run narrower tyres? What year A3 is it? Need that info to help. Also, you are after increasing the camber on the rear, which will ultimately effect your handling and tyre wear, just to clear your wheel arches.

Hi thanks 4 ur response. How do u mean narrower tyres an it's on a 07 plate there was 17" on b4 that

Can you run narrower tyres? What year A3 is it? Need that info to help. Also, you are after increasing the camber on the rear, which will ultimately effect your handling and tyre wear, just to clear your wheel arches.

Hi thanks 4 ur response. How do u mean narrower tyres an it's on a 07 plate there was 17" on b4 that

Depending on how much it's catching, usually a narrower tyre can be enough to clear the arches.
It's only catching wen Iv got 5 people in the car an I go over a speed hump no matter how slow I go over it

You could try some coil spring assistors. They are available in various thicknesses. If you fit one that is the correct thickness it won't raise the ride height. But as soon as the spring starts compressing it will reduce the amount of spring compression.
I used to use these on my Passat estate when towing fully loaded it stopped the back end from sagging too much.
Do a search on Fleabay for coil spring assisters

Reactions: Nick Barnes
Consider the 2011 Audi RS3 that has an OEM STD 19-inch x 8J ET50 rear wheel with a 225/35 tyre; now, with a Continental tyre the tyre used to 'kiss' the inner wheel arch under full-bump but with a 235/35 MPSS tyre it just doesn't, not on my RS3 anyway; you need to look at wheel rim width, ET, and tyre width... :readit:

You could try some coil spring assistors. They are available in various thicknesses. If you fit one that is the correct thickness it won't raise the ride height. But as soon as the spring starts compressing it will reduce the amount of spring compression.
I used to use these on my Passat estate when towing fully loaded it stopped the back end from sagging too much.
Do a search on Fleabay for coil spring assisters

Hi there thanks 4 the response Iv had a look at them an found sum on eBay reasonable priced as well Think they just what I need. Thanks