Wheel killer locations

Dippy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is already a thread like this but I haven't seen one so I'll start it. As an owner of a car in top condition, particularly the alloy wheels, I like to keep it that way. Avoiding kerbing wheels is one thing, but sometimes matters are taken out of your hands when you drive somewhere that seems to be designed to scrape your lovely allow wheels. The only solution is to avoid these locations, but of course you need to know about them first. Hence this is a simple list of such locations. I'll start with two.

Berkshire, near M4 J12
Hangar road between Theale and Sheffield Bottom
At the Theale end of the canal swing-bridge are metal bollards which have a high risk of damaging alloys.
Victims: @scotty76 and @razza1 (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-s4-thread.240053/page-3)

Buckinghamshire, Marlow
Suspension bridge linking High St with Bisham Rd over river
On both sides the kerbs 'choke' the road and despite driving very carefully my S5 scraped them at both entry and exit. Fortunately it must have only been the tyres because there was no alloy damage (whew!) but I am simply not going to take the chance again. Like the first one this is now a no-go location for me.

No-one else have locations to report?

The A2001 (also called The Green) in Sidcup. There are traffic narrowing bollards half way along it. If you're approaching them east to west, you come off a curve that makes it nigh on impossible to line the car up straight. Kills wheels and mirrors.